Bring Back the Old talents tree

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
09/11/2018 18:36Posted by Brewny
09/11/2018 17:57Posted by Gannet

I rather have 7 impactful talents that affect my rotation and playstyle, than 61 choices of "reduce the chance enemies will resist Feign Death by 2%" or "increase the dodge chance of your pet by 3%" or "reduce the mana cost of your shots by 2%", etc

Choosing between AoE or single target talents doesn't feel any better than increasing wand damage by 5%.

Yeah it doesn't, but dunno why you say that both system !@#$ and still want old back?It was not even 2-3 choices to be strict it was 1 right build and other pure %^-* but yeah if now people just mess simple rotation and can't kick before that they messed their builds also.
Wanna old talent tree?wait for classic and go there(let us know how fun are HYBRID builds in classic also). Yeah I personally would prefer some type of legion artifact tree mixed up with talent tree in some way, but it's hard to balance all this !@#$, so I better see devs will finally make existent tree more interesting and fun than watch them change horses and ruin all they work on since MOP.
The artifact was a better talent tree than the old.
09/11/2018 18:59Posted by Epzilon

But with the artifact weapon you got all of them what makes talent trees obsolete.
Not going to happen, OP, the old talent trees was just the illusion of choice. Everyone ended following the same optimal setups theorycrafters made. If you didnt have them then you were a bad.
I hated the old talent trees. Sure, people may sing about how great they were for hybrids and customisation, but most of the time you were just getting a 2% increase to a particular skill.
All I did was put my points into BM until I had no more, that was it. I wasn't making any choices in the long run. Yeah, I might make a choice about this talent vs that talent when I was level 34, but by max level everything was completed, so it ended up not being important.

Now what I choose is going to be important. When it comes to my alts I usually just check the optimum build and go with that, because I don't care that much, but on this character I choose the talents I prefer, including having two pets out even though it technically lowers my dps.

Those who want the old talent system can have it in classic, you've just got to be patient.
09/11/2018 19:29Posted by Lokirilian
I hated the old talent trees. Sure, people may sing about how great they were for hybrids and customisation, but most of the time you were just getting a 2% increase to a particular skill.
Ok.....

And after...

Now what I choose is going to be important. When it comes to my alts I usually just check the optimum build and go with that, because I don't care that much, but on this character I choose the talents I prefer, including having two pets out even though it technically lowers my dps.

So at the start you hate the old system because it simply didn't offer absolutely nothing ...
So ending you don't care much about current system even if you pick lower talents that lowers your dps...

I mean wtf??

You hate the old system that didn't offer something like you write ....but you love this current system that you don't bother at what build to go and picking the talent's that are bad optimized for dps...

Albert Einstein was right about universe.and stupidity.....etc..etc
signed. I wish old talents trees return.
09/11/2018 20:05Posted by Bandicoot
Ok.....

And after...

So at the start you hate the old system because it simply didn't offer absolutely nothing ...
So ending you don't care much about current system even if you pick lower talents that lowers your dps...

I mean wtf??

You hate the old system that didn't offer something like you write ....but you love this current system that you don't bother at what build to go and picking the talent's that are bad optimized for dps...

Albert Einstein was right about universe.and stupidity.....etc..etc

I now get to choose something that is significant, rather than just ticking each box until they're all full.
Also, just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you're smart and I'm stupid.
Balancing 100 talent points is harder than balancing 10.

Blizzctivision is lazy
Because +2% haste is a fun talent...
09/11/2018 23:33Posted by Wolfblood

Not every single talent has to be epic, fun or cool. For someone making a haste build it is useful. It may not be the "optimum" but for those that like to put some creativitiy into their characters rather than be "arms warrior M+ clone #872" it is good to have choices.
Dunno what a cookie cutter build is supposed to mean, but from the context i can deduct it was alledgedly a one option talent tree, same to this one.

That is not true at all, for several reasons.
The old talent system was much better.

1) There were more options, period.
2) Sense of progress in puting a new point while lvling.
3) There was no best build, bc that all depends on how you want to play it and in which situation. The 'advised' best build, which is prolly where the single option (cookie cutter) idea comes from is for highest dps (on a dummy, or a specific fight). But the game never was and still isnt (in most cases) about highest dps. Its about survivabillity and group dynamics (synergy).
But that is a choice someone can make, either way.

There is really nothing to choose with the 'new' talent system.
I never liked it, for forementioned reasons.
Just give ALL artifact traits back, period. All classes became dull and boring the moment prepatch hit, and still is. Why break something that’s working perfectly? :D not talking about dps wise, those traits were unique, opening with mark of aluneth, destro’s dimensional rift, and many other traits that I can’t recall atm. Visually great, gameplay wise great. No fun allowed :D vanilla talent tree isn’t fun btw just meta tree which are mostly passives. Anyway I’m still hoping for upcoming azerite traits to be good enough.
10/11/2018 00:37Posted by Dommina

Not every single talent has to be epic, fun or cool. For someone making a haste build it is useful. It may not be the "optimum" but for those that like to put some creativitiy into their characters rather than be "arms warrior M+ clone #872" it is good to have choices.

So you’d rather have +2% haste over Bladestorm?
What a muppett
09/11/2018 19:14Posted by Kilean
09/11/2018 18:59Posted by Epzilon

But with the artifact weapon you got all of them what makes talent trees obsolete.

In the old you spent more than half the points in filler points like improved dampen magic, wand specialization, 50% armor increase (for mage), 3 or 5 points to make arcane missiles uninterruptable (except silence/ pummel abilities), half of the talents were mandatory junk to get to the useful talents. Many of the talents were wasted on base damage (wasted in a sense that the base damage should be exactly that, base damage).

The way it is now is much better. If they add a max level talent tree like the artifact to make the class more complete and playable thats good.
we won't get back old talent tree
Blizz making wow playable for the phones
10/11/2018 00:37Posted by Dommina

To have a +2% haste talent you have to make all spells slower casting first, to have a +5% damage talent you have to reduce baseline damage by 5% first. This is a total illusion and would just make leveling up even more frustrating when the base power of all classes gets heavily lowered just so you can take 100 talents to get that power back over 120 levels. You would only feel "more powerful" with every level because you are so weak at first. The total power at 120 would have to stay as it is anyway, either by making us baseline weaker or making enemies stronger, otherwise with all these new talents the endgame content would become too easy.
Or they would have to get rid of azerite traits and make them into the new talents, but that would make gear progression less important since you could get all the advantages of that system without ever setting foot in a raid or dungeon. I don't think most people would be happy with that.
The old talent system was much better.

1) There were more options, period.
2) Sense of progress in puting a new point while lvling.
3) There was no best build, bc that all depends on how you want to play it .

Many "options" were just filler points though - you had to put five points into some +1 or +2 % increases so you could put the sixth point into your signature spell, for example. Or just spend three more points in those wands so you'd be allowed to spend point 31 at all. It might have given you a sense of progress but in reality it was almost as restrictive as the system today. Someone could ofc have fun with just about any sort of combo, but if you wanted any of the useful picks you'd still end up close to one of the cookie cutter builds - only not as good.

But I do miss the ability to do certain hybrid trees.