Tyrande

General
Genuine question...

Can anyone seriously say they like Tyrande as a character?

I believe she is without a doubt the most incompetent character in the Warcraft universe.

Warcraft 3: love drama with herself, Illidan, Maiev and Malfurion, mostly responsible for making all the awful choices.

WoW up to MoP: literally dead-weight, standing in a temple doing nothing while the world is burning.

MoP: Varian has to teach her the basics of warfare, which she has apparently forgotten in her several thousands of years of "experience".

Legion: single-handedly responsible for handing the Nightbourne to the Horde, no diplomatic common sense at all and she doesn't even get a slap on the wrist for it.

Battle for Azeroth: Anduin refuses to give help to the Night Elves (perhaps the only sensible thing he has done as king so far), so she runs off in a tiffy to Darkshore, has an emo-phase ritual and attempts to take a ruined land and a burnt down tree stump, with the Night Elves and a handful of Worgen vs the full force of Kalimdor-dominated Horde.

So I am sincerely asking, is there anyone out there that likes Tyrande? Can you explain why?
Not all characters have to be likeable to be....likeable.

I like having characters that I don't like.
And I like the future prospect that some characters have, even when I don't like who they currently are, or were. Story and character development is something I like very much.
I like the idea that Tyrande slowly but surely moves into a position where she is very liked by many, and equally disliked by many others. I think it's her deterministic personality that's so likeable, whilst at the same time it's also so dislikeable.

There is much to like about Tyrande :)
09/11/2018 10:59Posted by Narrex
Genuine question...

Me.
I believe she is without a doubt the most incompetent character in the Warcraft universe.

*Cough* Lor'themar *cough*...
I hate her, she pretty much just spergs around about malfurion what else.
Saurfang spares malfurion and tyrande still !@#$talks threatening him n' %^-*
She is EXTREMELY poorly written...
Each character is liked and disliked by people.

I doubt there is a character that is liked or disliked by everyone.
She is not coming out well. She is supposed to be a 10.000 year old tactical genius, and yet, she comes across as a Teenager with too many hormones.
Granted, in the latest Anduin and Tyrande video, I can understand her position.
She has giving troops and resources to the Alliance for years without asking much in return, and when she FINALLY asks for something she desperately needs, she is told "No", I'd be pretty annoyed by that too.

So I don't like her, but I don't dislike her either.
Most of the leaders are F-ups just like in the real life.
Compare Tyrande to Sylvanas and to Jaina, all showed up at the same story for the first time, each developed very differently
09/11/2018 11:21Posted by Henoriel
Genuine question...

Me.

*Cough* Lor'themar *cough*...

Lor..Who?
Btw Tyrande was poorly written...
Just hate druids in general, they're always either tangled in roots or caged.
Yes i do like Tyrande, especially now. I guess it's a trend to hate Tyrande. Just like it's a trend to "insert bad joke about gnomes" and many more annoying trends.

She is no better nor worse than any leader, the $hitty-writing is equally distributed between all leaders. That's the only thing Blizzard managed to balance.

EDIT: I lol'd hard at the "giving nightborne to the horde" part, the same tired excuse to get on her that tired Horde players use. "We are here to end the legion, beyond that, we will see where Elune leads us" HOW DARE SHE. Blizzard had to slaughter their lore even more and make the most pathetic excuse as to why the Nightborne went Horde. Giving the Horde an elven race to balance out the ugly/pretty race ratio is all what it comes down to, nothing what Tyrande did or say.
09/11/2018 15:41Posted by Ulran

Tyrande is a priest.
Genuine question...

i liked her in HoTS when i used to play that.
Oh I like Tyrande. Not her fault Blizzard have pretty much ignored her. Whereas I hate Sylvanas because of the over attention given to her resulting in sloppy writing. Now she is just more or less an internet keyboard warrior with her "let you win" attitude and "do what I say or yer out".

But it looks like Tyrande is about to bare her teeth at last.
09/11/2018 15:55Posted by Xenédra
09/11/2018 15:41Posted by Ulran

Tyrande is a priest.

He's obviously talking about Mekkatorque.
My favorite character
09/11/2018 13:24Posted by Farwatcher
She is not coming out well. She is supposed to be a 10.000 year old tactical genius

It's known that in World of Warcraft lore that age doesn't matter, a 30 year old Human is far more experinced then a Elf who is 1,000 year or even in Tyrande's sake 10,000 year.
Some just think that you have more wisdom if you're older ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Malfuuuuurion..where are you my love