Classic wow 'do I need an upgrade to play'

Classic Discussion
Will I have to upgrade to the latest version of the game as well as subscribe?, or just subscribe in order to play classic. My account is only at legion.
Any clarification would be appreciated
Ta
You will need to subscribe to WoW and download a new Classic only client.
09/11/2018 17:08Posted by Fintol
Will I have to upgrade to the latest version of the game as well as subscribe?, or just subscribe in order to play classic. My account is only at legion.
Any clarification would be appreciated
Ta
All you need is to revive your subscription. You don't need an up to date version or a separate client. Classic will be an added server option to your current account.
You just need an active subscription and a bunch of patience as you wait for it to get made.

I’m not sure if they’ve actually confirmed if there will be a separate client or not, but my guess is there will be.
09/11/2018 18:19Posted by Alagner
I’m not sure if they’ve actually confirmed if there will be a separate client or not, but my guess is there will be.
No, they said Classic will be a server option added to your account.

All you need is a subscription to access the servers.
I imagine you'll also have to actually purchase WoW Classic like people had to buy SC: Remastered?
10/11/2018 12:27Posted by Devyne
I imagine you'll also have to actually purchase WoW Classic like people had to buy SC: Remastered?

No, SC: Remastered was a seperate game with its own campaign mode. WoW classic will be a server option, apparently.
Well I'm not going to argue if they want to give it to us for free.
11/11/2018 16:02Posted by Devyne

It would be kinda odd to have us buy Vanilla when we already have it bought in our library.

The game is supposed to be a relaunch of vanilla, not a new game like the remasters. Whether that holds true or not we're just gonna have to wait (complain) and see.
09/11/2018 18:24Posted by Crustus

Can you provide a link to the source of this information?
11/11/2018 16:02Posted by Devyne

It's not free if you already bought the game in the past.
09/11/2018 18:24Posted by Crustus

Bull!@#$, they showed us the 'new'/old login screen why would they do that?
When they introduced it at last year's Blizzcon, they (Brack) said it'll be a "server option". They haven't contradicted that up till now and I see no reason they would.

It's WOW. It's Classic/Vanilla WOW but still WOW.

It can still have it's separate login screen or whatever Blizzard decides.