Lvl 120 PvP

Arenas
Blizzard,

You are losing subs very fast. After all these years more and more people are moving on to other games. Some just because it's time to move on and some because they simply don't like WoW anymore. Whichever reason it is....it is happening a lot.

I just can't wrap my mind around the fact you didn't drop the random pvp gear introduced in Legion. Why do you still have this?! You say you listen to your player base but still it's here (even giving duplicate drops which is even more frustrating). NO PVP'R asked for this. No one! You seem to come over as so disconnected to your pvp player base. Could you at least explain why this is still a thing?

Another thing, a geared player vs a freshly player dinged player has more than double the health! Has it ever been this bad? Like wtf.
Do you have the stats to confirm that subs are dropping?
Im really curious myself you see. So please share :)

dual post gets dual response :)
What do you mean do you have stats to confirm? Subs are dropping since WoW's peak in Wotlk/Cata. Stop trying to be the cool guy.
so no stats ?
09/11/2018 21:52Posted by Rèáper
Do you have the stats to confirm that subs are dropping

I think anyone who has played steadily for the last couple of years, can see/say that the subs are dropping. Harder and harder to find people, fewer groups, friends stop playing.

There used to be alot of people doing pvp, pvp guilds etc. Now there are basicly none.
10/11/2018 00:53Posted by Barnemonster
09/11/2018 21:52Posted by Rèáper
Do you have the stats to confirm that subs are dropping

I think anyone who has played steadily for the last couple of years, can see/say that the subs are dropping. Harder and harder to find people, fewer groups, friends stop playing.

There used to be alot of people doing pvp, pvp guilds etc. Now there are basicly none.

Can you prove it? Only Blizzard have the numbers mate. Im not on Blizzards side when it comes to balancing stuff. Believe me.
10/11/2018 01:15Posted by Rèáper
10/11/2018 00:53Posted by Barnemonster

Can you prove it? Only Blizzard have the numbers mate. Im not on Blizzards side when it comes to balancing stuff. Believe me.

If I remember correctly, Wotlk had around 10-12 million subs, now it's between 1-3 million? :thinking:
So what, wow is not the main game for blizzard, its not 2010 stop dwelling in the past.

Current main games for blizzard is overwatch - hearthstone - candycrush.

Subs does not = success anyway. The profit is made through ingame purchases is half of the revenue that is made. Overall profit determines the success of a expansion and not sub.
I don't think the gearing system is as bad as everyone is making out. I'd still say pvp is the best way to gear a character, especially if you're always 1800+ in this expansion. It's quicker and more fun than grinding m+ and raiding for loot seems a bit dead this season, imo.

Take me, as an example, I'd have to be grinding +10s+ to be getting upgrades, or mythic uldir (for which my guild don't have the number of members). Or I could play arena which I find more fun and get loot at least just as often at the same ilvl.

I'd rather they just put more resources into balancing pvp rather than making a couple of small, lazy changes like a moody child and saying they've done their job.

Edit:
Obviously I'd prefer vendors, but this system ain't terrible really.
I wish they brought back mop gearing with pvp power and cap on ilvl in pvp. Had so many alts back then and done tone of arenas and rbgs. Now I cannot even take pvp half serious with all the scaling stuff and boring class design.
It's better to look at stock value instead. Blizzard is facing a quite sudden drop in stock value right now, despite high activity in public relations such as Blizzcon etc.
Because after they lost around 4 million subs in under 3 months back when WoD was first released, they decided to stop publicizing their official sub numbers. Which is why people have relied on 3rd party sources for that kind of information ever since, which is probably giving close to accurate numbers but leaves that "what if it's wrong" ambiguity for the people who doesn't accept anything if it isn't backed up by confirmed facts.

But if you look at the stock value of Blizzard right now, they ended the week on 55,01 USD. They had their all-time high just a little over a month ago at the end of september/start of october. Their stock is dropping, and it's dropping quite fast.

Personally, I hope heads will roll (so to speak). Incompetent results should rightfully lead to people in charge taking responsibility and getting fired.
Theres a topic up right now from another player complaining that there was only 8-10 groups in LFG at 1am. Thats a pretty obvious sign that the sub numbers are dropping, probably for reason such as:

Gearing: they have used this cancerous RNG looting system since legion instead of using a VENDOR to make your character progress take longer and making you play longer = more play time-more subs.

Meta: The state of pvp right now is just pathetic. Azerite traits have been a complete failure and something has been stacked/exploited every week. Now you have 3-4 classes doing like 150k damge in 2 globals.

Leveling: blizzard have even managed to f*ck up the leveling system with their greedyness with the BFA pre patch. Leveling alts is now unbareable with how much disgustingly longer they made it in order to boost character boost sales but it has backfired because nobody is bothering now and just quitting.

But at least they listen to their fans and give us what we want. I mean you guys have phones right ?
Blizz doesnt listen to the community,doesnt read forums,reddit or watch streams. Even if you are extra autistic player,you have better game knowledge and experience than blizzard employees or whoever gives them orders. They prove it every patch, every change they make. Everything looks like they blindly follow some theoretical machine results of what earns them the most money for the least work. Obviously it doesnt work for us customers in reality.