Why I feel like Quitting the Lore For Good.

Story
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
14/11/2018 14:11Posted by Halasibel
Why?

Because cosmic forces aren’t the kind of sentinent beings that have concepts such as “civilisation” or settlement that are shared with the actual races. The whole world is theirs.
A single river combines most of the elements. There are no borders or anything of the sort to delimitate their territory on Azeroth. The closest you have as actual “property” are the elemental plains.

Regarding the second why, chaotic evil beings sure have rights. But given their nature it’ll be illogic to argue for their claim. Specially regarding Old God minions.
You don’t defend the claim a disease has.

14/11/2018 14:11Posted by Halasibel
When I visited Malaga

My hometown is pretty close to Malaga. Cordoba. Really nice, very...typical Spanish if you want to see the raw, undiluted Spanish culture everyone thinks about when talking about the country.

And yes, much warmer.
14/11/2018 13:28Posted by Zarao
14/11/2018 13:18Posted by Frozenshadow
Ashenvale was Night Elf land. The Orcs still had no right to be there yet we did for countless years. And you ended you trading our land in Azshara with our land in Ashenvale.

Just want to point out that at the end of Cataclysm, a big portion of said land was conquered by orcs.
They were literally giving up stuff they had conquered fair and square.

Most of the current races have strongholds settled on some land they conquered from somebody else. Right of conquest is still considered a valid way of transmitting property.

While that was a peaceful resolution (not forgetting Garrosh had to be defeated to set that right) again, it did nothing for night elves portrayed as weak and push overs, perhaps the biggest gripe of night elves in wo w.

I may go on about longing to see the arcane wielders and the pre civilization cities restored to night elves or the druids being a lot more magical from more balance druid showings to world tre and emerald dream involvement, or talk about seeing more detail of the star culture of the children of the stars and an insight into more of the order of Elune, all things I like about night elves,all of which were sorely lacking in version 1 through 6 of wow.

And yes, while I do go on having the Darnassian night elves exhibit the best the kaldorei have ever accomplished in the arcane, nature and priesthood, above all the biggest gripe has been how pathetic they've been portrayed, not at all written with the love and respect that matches that of the earlier novels or warcraft3, and the very description of the night elves.

The list is long, highborne doing nothing, sentinels and fighters easily beaten by orcs in forest settings, out guerrillas and out manoeuvres by the long vigil group of all, nothing amazing shown from their priests,their highborne or druids, nothing that matches what they are described as capable of in both the pre- sundering era and long vigil era, and according to the lore, every night elf group remaining is stronger now than in the past, the priesthood improved dramatically over the long vigil in all areas, the shen'dralar highborne never stopped furiously researching and studying arcane, their society never lost a thing unlike the long vigil group and the High elves, they are like the nightborne, in fact the nightborne are pretty much the shen'dralar done properly, bias showing when they took all of them, rather than some of them over to the horde and their city, dire maul only fell to ruin 200 years ago, the druids grew in leaps and bounds, nature casting became a discipline as thoroughly and expertly trained as the arcane, hence the druid class was born, reaching new heights that gee and grew and grew, by the end of WC3, they, not dragons are growing world trees.

To see them so pathetic in game, you're like hang on, it shouldn't be this easy for the horde, not at all. It's not even the fact they were defeated it is how they were defeated that was just a joke, an utter joke.

You mean the sentinels who were plugging arrows through Grommash's team, are now just following like fodder to the first axe swing or arrow of an orc? I mean for real? And humans, to which they should appear like great legends, teaching and leading into big strides are instead the once with the muscle and power having to rescue the night elves constantly. I mean really?

With the calibre the night elves brought to the table, despite their fewer numbers, they felt like the upgrade to the alliance, the level up over high elves, a group the orcs would be afraid of or struggle standing up against, instead, they inverted it in the course of wow, the night elves are written instead like a liability, they are shown much weaker than the blood elves, which makes no sense especially magically, ferally and forestry, in the arcane with the shen'dralar around, in nature with the druids around or martially with their calibre of hunteesses and sentinels.

But no, they are the ones needing the rescuing all the time, can't stand up to any thing. Then Legion comes, and it seems like finally, night elves across the board, are shown as decent, whether druids of Val'sharah, nightborne , moon guard, wardens, demon hunters, Farondis highborne ghosts it seemed a change a turn around, time to get excited, new night elf zones, maybe here at least they'd be the majority not beset by constant horde attacks,

Then 7.3.5 hits with pre expat event, nightborne and the isles, Suramar and all, taken over to the horde,then night elves again decimated, this time the portrayal is markedly improved, but it is still not up to scratch, the type of night elf quality in 7.0, it isn't seen here.

8.1 is the first time it has looked promising, better later than never I guess, but till a long way to go
The point you are missing is that as things stand, Humans have utter Plot Armour.

Translation: I don't have any arguments

*yawn*

Lets not play that game, or we'll start with Horde Leaders, and guess what, Horde got hit with that stick more than Alliance did.

Ohhh look he's doing it again. Stop trying to change the subject. I didn't compare the horde to the Alliance. I am simply refuting you ridiculous anti-human nonsense.

Don't recall saying they weren't related?

You claim that playable Humans haven't been "smacked".
Lordaeronian Humans are playable. -> They have suffered more than almost any Horde race.

Aren't Humans and the Alliance one and the same thing these days? I Kid, I kid.
You are still incorrect in your definition of a Hypocrite however, that is not what the word means. No, I don't have an anti-human bias, to be honest, it would be weird if I did, given that I am human, but even in game, Human is my joint most played species.

More anecdotal gibberish -> boring.

14/11/2018 13:45Posted by Brigante
Yes it absolutely does. Blizzard indeed can and will change the story whenever they feel like it. They have, however, to date, not done so. Is that or is that not correct?

LOL are you for real? xD Blizzard has never changed the lore before?
wew lad... You are either ridiculously delusional or horribly misinformed.
Stormwind: https://i.redd.it/qzo4z5lur4y01.jpg

Lordaeron: https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/thumb/7/79/BfALordaeron_Ruins_2.jpg/1200px-BfALordaeron_Ruins_2.jpg

Stratholme: https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/thumb/6/62/Stratholme_gates2.jpg/1200px-Stratholme_gates2.jpg

Gilneas: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/0/05/Cataclysm_Gilneas_-_City_Streets.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/2000?cb=20090821235218

Alterac: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/5/53/AlteracCityRuins.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140104000359

Dalaran: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZA_6ZnA1ym8/UM5hjtg40CI/AAAAAAAAAnE/FZvUedmRhGE/s1600/WoWScrnShot_121612_235137.jpg

Boralus: https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/wowpedia/1/11/Siege_of_Boralus_loading_screen.jpg

Theramore: https://worldofwarcraft.judgehype.com/screenshots/mistsofpandaria/beta/ripdef/ruines-theramore/05.jpg

Do tell me about this thick "Utter Human Plot Armor" of which you people speak of.
14/11/2018 16:14Posted by Arctur
Do tell me about this thick "Utter Human Plot Armor" of which you people speak of.

BUUUUT ARCTUUUUUR THEY ARE NOT PLAYABLE HUMANS!!!!
14/11/2018 15:57Posted by Anouk
Translation: I don't have any arguments*yawn*

That is ironic. I mean the irony of someone responding to someone else's comment with "I don't have any arguments *yawn*" is pretty delicious. You realise what you typed is the very definition of what you stated. What is next in your conversational repertoire "no You!"

Ohhh look he's doing it again. Stop trying to change the subject. I didn't compare the horde to the Alliance. I am simply refuting you ridiculous anti-human nonsense.

OK, this is getting a little weird now...what exactly is the point you were trying to make, as currently it is getting a bit drowned out in petty name calling?

You claim that playable Humans haven't been "smacked".Lordaeronian Humans are playable. -> They have suffered more than almost any Horde race.

Did you even bother to read the post where I said I had mistakenly conflated the playable humans ( As in the Kingdom of Stormwind) with the Human race as a species on Azeroth, as if you did, then you are utterly mistaken, if you did not, then do people the courtesy of reading their comments before such partisan gibberish hits your keyboard.

More anecdotal gibberish -> boring.

I think we can see the level your debate has reached. Good show. Part of the 'TL;DR' generation are we?

LOL are you for real? xD Blizzard has never changed the lore before?wew lad... You are either ridiculously delusional or horribly misinformed.

Again, you call me 'Lad'. I can positively feel the years shedding from me every time you do so, at this rate I'll be 40 by the end of the day.

That is not what I said, now is it. Go back and read it. I asked a very specific question, to which the answer is 'Yes' or 'No'. Instead you chose to obfuscate your answer and come back with petty insults again. I'll state it again. "Has 'Son of the Wolf' been Retconned?"

It is a very simple question, really. Not too hard to answer without being childish about it.
This is bizarre
14/11/2018 16:38Posted by Brigante
Again, you call me 'Lad'. I can positively feel the years shedding from me every time you do so, at this rate I'll be 40 by the end of the day.

Cool I'm always glad do help ;)

I can't help myself but to take you less serious every time you respond, so I think I'll end this meaningless back and forth now, as it has gotten quite boring I'm afraid.

I have made my points and I have said what I wanted to say.
14/11/2018 16:44Posted by Telriem
This is bizarre

Just a little...I mean it wouldn't be if people actually read each others posts instead of skimming and assuming. Perhaps it was my mistake for using the phrase 'Mea Culpa' when I admitted I had made a mistake with humans not getting a smack.

'My Bad'

Does that fix it?
It amuses me to see a Dark Ranger roleplayer pretending that the nelf story in 8.1 is okay, when the Nelves are losing iconic characters to join his Waifu's Dark Ranger army.

There is nothing worth playng about Night Elves anymore, they're just spare parts for Forsaken storytelling.
14/11/2018 16:57Posted by Sicarus
It amuses me to see a Dark Ranger roleplayer pretending that the nelf story in 8.1 is okay, when the Nelves are losing iconic characters to join his Waifu's Dark Ranger army.

This is rather amusing, so I will indulge you. Brigante is not a Dark Ranger. He is a Blood Elven Farstrider, he was however, leading a group of his Rangers into a midnight raid, as such, all the members of my guild were in dark clothing/armour, for the purposes of...well, stealth, whilst undertaking said raid. You know, the way you do.

As for Sylvanas being my 'waifu' I have looked up the term, and it does not apply, neither myself, or my character, are particularly fond of the idea of carnal relations with the deceased, that's frankly just disgusting. I don't even -like- Sylvanas as a character, and Brigante here would/will be solidly on team Saurfang.

In fact the only part of your post that was accurate was that I am a Roleplayer. Yes, Yes I am, I am playing an MMORPG. Kind of goes with the territory...or it -should-.
14/11/2018 17:05Posted by Brigante
Brigante is not a Dark Ranger. He is a Blood Elven Farstrider, he was however, leading a group of his Rangers into a midnight raid, as such, all the members of my guild were in dark clothing/armour, for the purposes of...well, stealth, whilst undertaking said raid. You know, the way you do.

Hmm..but in the cinematic about the "Terror of Darkshore" we see a Blood Knight walking alongside Horde forces at night and she's wearing the usual bright colours of Quel'thalas like red, orange and gold..so be careful with all that black or people will indeed confuse you with a Forsaken male dark ranger and the Alliance could show you no mercy exactly because of that :P

although black is indeed a color for Blood Elves too. More on the Blood Knight side rather than Farstriders though.
14/11/2018 17:46Posted by Sylvianna
Hmm..but in the cinematic about the "Terror of Darkshore" we see a Blood Knight walking alongside Horde forces at night and she's wearing the usual bright colours of

You changed your haircut because of that paladin. Admit it.
14/11/2018 17:51Posted by Araphant
You changed your haircut because of that paladin. Admit it.

Well since Void Elves have void tentacles I thought I could have Light/fire tentacles too... since Blizzard aren't giving us their hairstyles despite they are former Blood Elves :P
Kelibas dear - are you quitting the lore because I no longer keep your posts alive with my "Highborne as a whole" lore knowledge to keep you invested?

I'm sure our dear Sylvianna would love to see the stuff you've posted on the General forums these past 2 months, regarding Nightborne and Night Elves and how Nightborne and Blood Elves shouldn't be true allies and how Night Elves should be better at arcane magic than Blood Elves and that Azshara (the zone) was blood elves mocking night elf apprentices, when we already see Lorekeeper Amberwind, a Highborne, in charge of said apps.

EDIT: Also because I've put my account on hold as well, so after December, I wouldn't be able to keep your posts alive.
and how Nightborne and Blood Elves shouldn't be true allies.

Well Nightborne are being ungrateful recently so I'm wary about them too. They are starting to question their new position in the Horde a bit too much in 8.1, after all that effort from the Blood Elves to get them in. It seems like they could still consider the Alliance or at least that they regret joining the Horde because of what's happening with Sylvanas...if anything if she goes crazy, they have to stay and fight like Lor'themar did in MoP with Garrosh..
14/11/2018 18:01Posted by Sylvianna
Well since Void Elves have void tentacles I thought I could have Light/fire tentacles too..

It looks nice!
14/11/2018 18:10Posted by Sylvianna
Well Nightborne are being ungrateful recently so I'm wary about them too.

It's one actually and it's only viewing the situation. It's in-character for Valtrois to do that.

Aside from that, Shal'dorei and Sin'dorei are working together to uncover Zandalar history. Their relationship is solid.

14/11/2018 18:10Posted by Sylvianna
after all that effort from the Blood Elves to get them in.

So your going to forget the efforts Thalyssra made to get Talanji and Zul out of Stormwind? Where were the Blood Elves for that.

Observing the situation is completely different that outright betrayal, as per the conversation between LTT and Varian. I haven't seen Thalyssra hold secret meetings with Tyrande of recent and her actions in Stormwind means that there is no going back for the Nightborne.
14/11/2018 16:51Posted by Brigante
14/11/2018 16:44Posted by Telriem
This is bizarre

Just a little...I mean it wouldn't be if people actually read each others posts instead of skimming and assuming. Perhaps it was my mistake for using the phrase 'Mea Culpa' when I admitted I had made a mistake with humans not getting a smack.

'My Bad'

Does that fix it?

Omg, QFT... people are so guilty of skimming.

How many people honestly, like honestly read every word I type?

(i write a lot), on some of the topics i've had big arguments on, just judging by the responses of the criticisers, i could tell they hadn't read everything i said.. not all, but nearly all.

Maybe a web stream would be better.
14/11/2018 18:13Posted by Tánariá
Where were the Blood Elves for that.

Blood Elves have to preserve their people and nation over ANYTHING else. They weren't present at the battle for Lordaeron either. In fact it's usually the Alliance who attacks the Blood Elves anyway, like in Vol'dun, despite they should focus on Orcs or Forsaken.

14/11/2018 18:13Posted by Tánariá
I haven't seen Thalyssra hold secret meetings with Tyrande of recent and her actions in Stormwind means that there is no going back for the Nightborne.

Because Tyrande is a bad angry ambassador (despite her power...she doesn't understand the condition of other people, other than Night Elves) so that would fail anyway. Now, if Thalyssra opened secret meeting with Anduin, though...that could work for the Nightborne joining the Alliance. That's the reason I'm wary about it...