Will the Darkspear suffer from Zandalari?

Story
A little piece of speculation...

The Darkspears ,under leadership of Vol'jin, founded their rightfully place within the Horde, and is also a well respected people within the faction as they're part of the "original" force. We even had a Darkspear as Warchief (RIP Vol'jin and damn you Blizz!)

I wonder if the Darkspear, in one way or another, will politically losing their grounds when the Zandalari are joining the Horde?
I mean, isn't the Zandalari lorewise a greater force to reckon with than the Darkspear tribe? And Sylvanas as Warchief could admire the Zandalari more as they can provide the Horde with the fleet they need, greater numbers in soldiers, bigger war-troll-stuff like giant dinosaurs etc... I know people are saying that all the allied races are a great minority, but the Zandalari is a strong people, very strong.

Rokhan is nice and all, but he dosen't have the same authority as Vol'jin had.
11/11/2018 19:35Posted by Grimblin
I wonder if the Darkspear, in one way or another, will politically losing their grounds when the Zandalari are joining the Horde?

Talanji isn't half as overbearing as her father was. That said, Darkspears need a character, any character, to be developed.
11/11/2018 19:45Posted by Zarao
11/11/2018 19:35Posted by Grimblin

Talanji isn't half as overbearing as her father was. That said, Darkspears need a character, any character, to be developed.

Rokhan is amazing with his development this expansion, plus Zekhan!!
No, I don't think so, Darkspears are one of the founding Horde races, they contributed greatly for past years and their veterans are revered warriors. This is the reason why Zandalari twice tried to take them on their side - no other troll tribe has as much experience in battling on various fronts and in various circumstances.

Besides I believe that Zandalari overall will still try to maintain independednce and be simply allied to Horde rather than be it's subjects.
They have now common foe, purpose in vengeance and thirst for power.

But time will tell how it will paint itself. I sure hope that Zandalar will rise again, that Talanji will restore it and make sure the Zandalari will thrive on their own instead of being dependant on someone else.

Also Rokhan is quite interesting case. I still wonder how his promise in Nazmir will turn out. Ofc it will likely be forgotten, or just interpreted that it was merely for Nazmir campaign, but he said to Talanji that he will be with her til the very end.

----
edit: unless you OP meant in game prominence, that people will roll more of Zandalari than Darkspears, and that is a possibility but jungle trolls still have their charm and berserking so I think they will be fine. I'm quite happy to see Darkspears and Zandalari bond, this is not a competition, we're both winners <3

11/11/2018 19:58Posted by Telriem
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Rokhan is amazing with his development this expansion, plus Zekhan!!

I agree, it just proves that if Blizzard will give them even tiny bit of attention, to give them some justice, the results are amazing. Trolls don't need to be in spotlight all the time, they just need from time to time spotlight that actually gives them some insight.
trolls under Talanji will be united
From what I have seen in Dazar'alor, the Zandalari seem to consider all non Zandalari trolls to be lesser trolls.

That being said, the Darkspear appear to be the exception to that rule. After all, in the Terrace of Speakers, while all the other trolls appear to be living in segregated ghettos, the Darkspear have been given their own embassy.

In addition there is also a direct sea route between Dazar'alor and the Echo Isles (not Ogrimmar).

In Shadow of the Horde, Voljin was again asked to join forces with the Zandalari, and was treated as an equal by the Zandalari commander. (Now you could argue that this was due to his status as a Shadow Hunter and follower of Bwonsamdi)

From these 3 points, and in stark contrast to how other Trolls tribes are treated by the Zandalari (take for example the trolls in House of the Fallen Tribes, Sandfury, Amani and Gurbashi trolls) it would seem that the Zandalari are highly respectful of the Darkspear.

I doubt this attitude will change once they officially enter the Horde, more so considering that Talanji and Rekhan seem to get along well.
Shadow hunter Ty'Jin even said that he thinks Darkspear and Zandalari will be a great friends - "once Zandalari will pull stick out of their bums" xD