If you recently Unsubbed

General
I recently un-subbed. I also cancelled one account completely on US, keeping only the trial one. My Son, who played Horde, has also gone for good from the game to play his Xbox thingymajig contraption.

I was thinking though. Out of all of the changes and !@#$show ideas since Legion and possibly before, what is the one change that would keep me in here after my sub runs outs?

Surprisingly, its not a gcd, a story line change, or a dps increase, or restoration of reforging. Not even is it a change in the loot system, transparency of % drop chances. Neither is it the very poor lack of communication and interaction with the community, or the "we give you what we want cause we know better" attitude.
Wait for it.
So what is it that after all the crap is still niggling at me above all the other issues?

It was and still is, the removal of the water walking ability for Warlocks Class mount. The glyph of nightmares.
That one change to a QoL in game feature still riles me above all others.

So, I was wondering.
For those of you who also un-subbed recently, what one change would have you reconsider just maybe a little?
If you un-subbed due to waterwalking being missing from your mount, I don't know why am I playing when my class is completely absent from a huge part of the game.
I do not know exactly what would keep me in game to be honest, but I guess it would be the lack of things that I recently do ?

I mean the system has dulled, competitive PVP feels very clunky lately, with classes beeing very pruned and destroyed ( like ele shaman , warlock some other specs that are not even worth mentioned in pvp) . I am not a very competitive PVP er, but from what PVP I've done over the years it is not as fun as it used to be to be honest ( I mostly played a Hunter on Nordrasill server in TBC). And to be honest with the possibility of contradicting myself, I don't even think it's the pruned system than like no actual way of playing different things beside flavourish stuff.

Wpvp - Not even going to enter there , I had better Wpvp in Vanilla than in BFA who's themed arround the war around Alliance and Horde. And it's not the balance between players on different factions, it's not about racial of different classes , it's about the fact that there is no actual point of doing it. You are better off switching War Mode off, since having it ON doesn't server you no good, while question with the Alliance / Horde near you, since everyone is so bored out that they don't even wanna own your !@# with his supper mega gear. I had my $%^ way more camped in TBC that I have right now on my level 112 alt in Voldun.

PVE - I only have the subscription for the story. In the middle of the patch everything is dead . HC is zerged by 60% of the pugs, so it's a matter of finding the right one to carry you, boosters can give you curve / m+10 gear for like 5-6 farming hours or some money investment (and it's not even the problem), and to be honest after all the gearing up you are left with doing meaningless quests across the map , that offer no real threat or bounty. Of course if you are a professional gamer , there are always Mythic + but to be honest and with all due respect to all the Mythic + raiders, beside getting the instance done faster, for utterly no reward , just a spot on the front page, is silly. Now I know my opinion might be objective here, but the best reward comes from M+ 10 chest, why on earth would I want to compete to try and beat the timer in a +14.

Professions - O...my GOD. Not even worth picking one, except the casual money grind. And for that there are like few of them, Alchemy and Enchanting. Back in the past it was really mandatory to have a profession for your char and one that was appropriate to your class gear. While Alchemists and Enchanters offered literally boosts for money purpose. Nowadays , you can play without them and never care about them.

No real thing to do but Alts - I do not know , again sounding subjective , but maybe I played this game for too long, and Alting is the only thing I do right now ( and even this is boring seeing I have to grind for weeks a char to 120 to find out it's a 3 button rotation yet again, but in a different spot). Ok ok, we pets to farm, transmogs, do the silly expeditions that in pvp are a pve setup were you do objective things instead of battling .

Of course people may have other opinions, but WoW has become so dull and boring, that I only keep the subscription to do the LFR and the story so I can find out what's happening, since the story is absolute superb and leaves a lot to be thought outside when you are out with fellow friends at beer.

The rest is just a boring job that feels underpaid and not fun.

P.S - I mainly do Tank work ( healer sometimes because I tried it out), and didn't even think of maining a dps for the end game, in Legion and BFA I tried to main a DK in Legion and a hunter in BFA, and o man , it feels so boring, keeping a dot up on a boss while rotating efficiently to that same dot refresh and activating burts at 2 minutes rotation. I feel like scratching my eyes out, and some times I don't even activate all the buttons since I fell a sleep on the keyboard.

What would call me back from FFXIV , it's probably having the same feeling as I had in TBC / WOTLK were I barely slept because I wanted to go back into the world and play. I do not know if that feeling is called "wow crack " or whatever but now it's missing.
I recently in-subbed because of the bad story writing + adding cyborgs (mecha-gnomes) to the alliance + unfair treatment I got from Blizzard in some matter as the last straw.

Sub runs out in 1.1.19

What will get me back in?
Seems I'll return to try classic for a while. But as for retail, I'll return if one of the following things will happen:

1. Story writing greatly improving, becoming more in-depth and mature, with less immersion breakers for the sake of lolz or rule of the cool. (the chance for that, especially after reading the last interview with Afrasiabi, is close to 0%).

2. Some kind of real change in the dual-faction system that is stuck and stagnant for too long.

or

High elves becomes playable in the alliance. And if not high elves, Vrykul becomes playable in the alliance as a new race.
I would come back if the world would be significant and the players little nobodies that need to cooperate to move further either lvlinlvling or raiding etc
I haven't unsubbed because I'm waiting for Classic while casually levelling a few alts, but what drove me away from current WoW and its end game content is the class/spec pruning and LFR. They're the two main reasons, I have a big list in my head of all of the negative incremental changes made over the years which has lead to my desire for Classic WoW regardless of its own negatives, because for me, the positives of classic severely outweigh the negatives, and with current WoW, negatives outweigh the positives.
1) actiblizzard proving they are dealing with cheaters and hackers.
2) an addon free server, an entire server where all addons are completely banned. That would guarantee my presence in the game for all time.
3) a way to ignore someone via Ip address (even by account would do) rather than just a particular character.
4) a way to see every character on an account you looked at. You could identify botting accounts then.
The big one is 2) though
12/11/2018 11:55Posted by Electrocutie
2) an addon free server, an entire server where all addons are completely banned.

Out of pure curiosity... why?
I unsubbed last month, but I still got some bnet currency to keep playing for a while, only farming transmogs and mounts though. The game itself isn't bad, what's making me dislike Blizzard is how they're treating Alliance like side-faction.

Some would joke about Horde bias, but come on, really, look at it, Horde asks for troll paladins and there they are. Biggest issue I have are nightborne and void elves, they give Horde nightborne, race that had entire patch dedicated to them, story we all went through, who appear literally everywhere now, even on your error armory page, who have as much lore as night elves, if not more. Meanwhile Alliance, that wanted High elves, gets void elves, entire opposite of high elves, where high elves worship magic and light, have been part of Alliance since old days, void elves worship void and are ex-blood elves from silvermoon.

I'm clinging to hopes they'll fix void elf mistake, not by adding high elf skin, won't change a thing, they'll still be void elves, but by adding actual high elves, it's least they can do.
12/11/2018 12:02Posted by Galander
12/11/2018 11:55Posted by Electrocutie
2) an addon free server, an entire server where all addons are completely banned.

Image to raid or m+ without DBM oir raid without raider.io or recount.
Is an interesting idea
I honestly didnt mind azerite armor as much unlike the majority, my main issues were:

-PvP being a complete disaster for most casters since melee are given huge mobility and damage while casters require ridiculous ramp up and can still be shut down easily(What has caused this is Ion's belief that classes shouldnt be independent by having "Everything" therefore now you can only be viable if you stick to a class with utillity you lack

-Raiding gear drops, i dont know if they changed anything but rarely getting drops from raid bosses even with coins(Which they reduced) and even worse getting items that arent upgrades is tiring, it makes you feel you are wasting your time

-Pushing m+ hard, m+ is the best way to get gear outsize azerite by spamming them all day and getting mythic raiding gear thanks to TF, they are promoting a ridiculously repetitive content that makes people who want gear FORCED to do m+ all day which of course they are gonna hate sooner or later from repetition

-Warmode inbalance, 0 attempts to fix this even though the imbalance was obvious since launch and we knew it would onyl get worse, they avoided the subject like plague, and now after 5 months in 8.1 maybe they think about buffing the % for the alliance, guess what? Damage has already been done, even 50% wont make people bother

-Refusing to fix obvious issues fast, we knew nether portal talent was badly designed by letting casters spam 1 shadow bolt and hand of guldan, we knew that from BETA, 5 months after release is when they choose to fix this, 5 MONTHS

-Mobile, specifically the fact that they didnt expect the enormous backlash, something has really changed, blizzard has always been cunning about how they market and their anouncements but that was clearly an enormous mistake and with the change of president in blizzard, maybe they are changing a lot more

-WC3, no i wont replay a game i played a thousand times as a kid and beat it on hard difficulty because you reskinned it. It just show 0 interest in innovating or creating something and is just an attempt to get money by reskinning old successful games just like the CoD franchise
12/11/2018 11:33Posted by Zeleik
If you un-subbed due to waterwalking being missing from your mount, I don't know why am I playing when my class is completely absent from a huge part of the game.

Unlucky I guess
My sub will run out in march. Will i resub? it depends.
Now im not enjoyin the game. But im not doin dungeon or raid. Im just levelling alts and doin wq for reps (alliance are almost done).
Its probably just a burnout situation. As i had in eevry xpac except legion (yes i had it in LK) and BC.
But for 15 bucks\month i have a game where i can do always some thing. Sooo we'll see. In the meanwhile ill continue to moan here.
12/11/2018 12:18Posted by Tèsla
12/11/2018 12:02Posted by Galander

Is an interesting idea

I already do that, what's so interesting in using your brain ?

I mean the screen flashes when something big is happening. Lately they added even damn freaking messages when some thing is happening. Why do you need DBM.

I just don't use it.
12/11/2018 12:35Posted by Vaaleera
12/11/2018 12:18Posted by Tèsla
Is an interesting idea

I already do that, what's so interesting in using your brain ?

I mean the screen flashes when something big is happening. Lately they added even damn freaking messages when some thing is happening. Why do you need DBM.

I just don't use it.

95% of the ppl playin use addons. A serve addonfree it would make all the players equal.
12/11/2018 11:23Posted by Mysticdude
I recently un-subbed. I also cancelled one account completely on US, keeping only the trial one. My Son, who played Horde, has also gone for good from the game to play his Xbox thingymajig contraption.

I was thinking though. Out of all of the changes and !@#$show ideas since Legion and possibly before, what is the one change that would keep me in here after my sub runs outs?

Surprisingly, its not a gcd, a story line change, or a dps increase, or restoration of reforging. Not even is it a change in the loot system, transparency of % drop chances. Neither is it the very poor lack of communication and interaction with the community, or the "we give you what we want cause we know better" attitude.
Wait for it.
So what is it that after all the crap is still niggling at me above all the other issues?

It was and still is, the removal of the water walking ability for Warlocks Class mount. The glyph of nightmares.
That one change to a QoL in game feature still riles me above all others.

So, I was wondering.
For those of you who also un-subbed recently, what one change would have you reconsider just maybe a little?

WoD demo back. Instant resubb spamming dungeons or w/e content with this beauty
Groups for wqs back
Return of raiding sets...
The deletion of BFA
12/11/2018 12:39Posted by Tèsla
95% of the ppl playin use addons. A serve addonfree it would make all the players equal.

They would need to delete discipline, which is unplayable without boss mods :P. They would also need to severely nerf bosses, because without pre-emptive raid cds the dmg would be too high.

I guess it depends a lot on the class you play. The less responsibilities you have, the less you need to know when exactly some abilities happen. If all you need to do is dps the boss and move out of bad, then yeah, you don't need dbm.
12/11/2018 13:02Posted by Saphiramoon
12/11/2018 12:39Posted by Tèsla

They would need to delete discipline, which is unplayable without boss mods :P. They would also need to severely nerf bosses, because without pre-emptive raid cds the dmg would be too high.

I guess it depends a lot on the class you play. The less responsibilities you have, the less you need to know when exactly some abilities happen. If all you need to do is dps the boss and move out of bad, then yeah, you don't need dbm.

You know? I was askin to myself. How it was possible to raid without it? I checked and DBM was created in 2008. so really early in the game.
But with a nerf wouldnt you curious about this mode?