Invest in BFA or wait for classic wow?

General
Hi guys,

Recently I came back for wow and started playing BFA.
I can't play that much hours per week so it will be a hard grind getting some decent gear being good enough for rated pvp.

But...

Is wow classic really comming out in 2019?
I will 100 % play that game, but the hours spend in BFA would feel wasted (besides the fun). Or do we get anything in wow classic because of playing bfa? Like a mount, gold, anything.

Greetings,

Bekki :)
Well, you won't get anything transferred from live to classic, so yeah, the fun is the only thing you're getting.
Everyone is always on about how classic WoW is going to be the best thing ever. But do you realise how much of a grind everything is?
If you thought the grind to 120 is bad, wait until you get to classic. The grind to 60 is murder.
There is no world quests, no Dungeon Finder, no catch-up mechanics, attunement quests, keys, extremely unbalanced PvP(In Horde's favor thanks to OP racials and shamans), nothing to do outside raids and pvp except grind mats for potions to use in raids and PvP.

People with bad memories might not remember what a nightmare classic is compared to today.
These days, pretty much no-one can be bothered to move anywhere, they want summons. No one prepares for anything in terms of potions etc.
So classic servers is going to end up with a bunch of unprepared people standing in Ironforge, screaming for summons because they can't be bothered to move 1 zone.

Stay with BFA, you'll last longer in terms of playtime.
Ppl see classic with pink glasses. I remember the days spent just to level form 1 to 10...
It was acceptable cuz it was a new game. But now... old and older... i fear the majority of the ppl will leave it after some time. Ill give surely a shot to visit the old zones.. the dangerous eastern plaguelands... the looooong run in the barrens... the elites in blasted lands.. and the dungeon like ST and BRD and SHolme. hours to finish'em...
Classic was so much better because every level you are rewarded with a talent, the difference between a rank 1 pyroblast to a rank 3 pyro IS INSANE, every piece of gear that awards +3 intellect, +2 crit would make a HUGE difference. In dungeons it was challenging and getting a rare (Blue item) would again make a HUGE difference, talent trees were so much better.

Classic keeps you on your toes because everything is a threat, you cant just switch off and pull everything, aoe everything and survive. You actually have to think and try to survive, group up to kill an elite etc.

Wow classic by no means perfect by any means but its 100000x better than BFA and wow today.
12/11/2018 12:54Posted by Hmbekki
but the hours spend in BFA would feel wasted (besides the fun).

ALL hours spent in WoW are wasted ... besides the fun.

If you will have fun gearing up, do it. If you won't, come back in March-ish for 8.2 when there will be lots of catch-up, or wait for Summer when Classic launches.
Try to think for yourself?
invest in your irl life
Why can't you do both? Classic won't be here for like 10 months and you've already paid for bfa so might as well play that and when classic arrives you can actually choose to play both as it's all 1 sub price. You don't have to choose one or the other surprisingly :)
wait for 8.2 ... in about 6- 8 months time
12/11/2018 13:04Posted by Wraith
Everyone is always on about how classic WoW is going to be the best thing ever. But do you realise how much of a grind everything is?
If you thought the grind to 120 is bad, wait until you get to classic. The grind to 60 is murder.
There is no world quests, no Dungeon Finder, no catch-up mechanics, attunement quests, keys, extremely unbalanced PvP(In Horde's favor thanks to OP racials and shamans), nothing to do outside raids and pvp except grind mats for potions to use in raids and PvP.

People with bad memories might not remember what a nightmare classic is compared to today.
These days, pretty much no-one can be bothered to move anywhere, they want summons. No one prepares for anything in terms of potions etc.
So classic servers is going to end up with a bunch of unprepared people standing in Ironforge, screaming for summons because they can't be bothered to move 1 zone.

Stay with BFA, you'll last longer in terms of playtime.

I do agree that its overrated & that so much of what the forum complains about is in full swing in Classic.
However I'm excited.
I'm excited for levelling trees again. I'm excited for class quests, for an included community, for pet skills, for pre-cata zones, for mixing ranged & melee.

Classic is not the same game as Live.
If people can get over the fact that its not the same game & understand that the hype is overblown I think they'll be able to have fun.
If you dont have time to play,you dont want to play classic. I dont understand how can ppl be so blind about classic.it was fun back then cos it was a completely new experience. Its garbage in todays standards.Why dont u just try a new game,cos blizzard already proved they are not worth our money.
12/11/2018 13:12Posted by Hamersímpson
Classic was so much better because every level you are rewarded with a talent, the difference between a rank 1 pyroblast to a rank 3 pyro IS INSANE, every piece of gear that awards +3 intellect, +2 crit would make a HUGE difference. In dungeons it was challenging and getting a rare (Blue item) would again make a HUGE difference, talent trees were so much better.

Classic keeps you on your toes because everything is a threat, you cant just switch off and pull everything, aoe everything and survive. You actually have to think and try to survive, group up to kill an elite etc.

Wow classic by no means perfect by any means but its 100000x better than BFA and wow today.

You have to pay for spell upgrades at a trainer. You have to pay for weapon skills and upgrades. No mount until 40, if you can afford it etc. etc.
But nevertheless it was fun :)
Thanks for all the reply's! I didnt know it was that kind of a grind! Good info +1
I'm really happy they are doing Classic again but I won't be playing it for any length of time.

I remember all to well what the game was like back then and while for what it was it was amazing, the spark and wonder of visiting each zone and wandering around were truly breath taking back then.

But that was back then.

I live in the now.
Classic is coming summer '19. I plan to play both. I relish the idea of starting a completely new toon for the first time since 2012, when I made this one. I've sunk so many hours into Valpuri that it is no longer feasible for me to start a new toon in modern WoW. Besides, they'll really almost be like different games at this point in time. Counting down the months while waiting for my Forsaken rogue... :)
The one thing that Classic demonstrated to me more than anything else about playing WoW and that was I owned absolutely nothing. Not a jot. I have my original discs but they are worthless without the servers. So pretty much everything you do is a trust issue with the developers.

With that in mind I have never really cared much since then for accumulating anything. I just play my game and have a good time. I'm not chasing gear, achievements or anything. So it really matters not what you do as long as you are enjoying yourself.

Saying that, Classic can not come quick enough for me. Can't wait.
the fact that you don't have much time to play means, you probably shouldn't bother with a game mode that takes a lot longer to do things.

In my opinion, Stick to BFA. play vanilla when you have the time.
I agree, Classic is probably not for you, Hmbekki. Too grindy. But I think you and everyone else should try it, maybe you get hooked.

It's a completely different game, an adventure in small scale. in a huge world. You're not a hero, you'll get killed if you mess up, and you will. The social aspect and the feeling you're really in danger is what makes it fun.

The youtuber Nixxiom used to play on EU's server Argent Dawn, found this video showing what Classic is all about... (not one hour long)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3_ezwY_A_4

You're not going to need to buy Classic or use any discs. All you need is an active subscription. Download it as usual. I'm really looking forward to it.
Classic is a long way off and the two games are separate. Many will play both or at least give Classic a whirl when it's launched.