The Night Warrior proved one thing

Story
God like characters are bad for the story.

Blizzard can't let them use their lore wise powers, because their presence would istantly make us useless. For example, evryone speaks about how Malfurion coudn't beat Nathanos, but just a few years ago he was completly owned by the Shade of Xavius. A SHADE! It was a 5 man boss, but no one complained back then for some reason. That was like if we ound Jaina as Sweete or Korgus sex toy to make you understand.

God like characters are ok.. if they are in their game. But it's ours. That means that as long as they exist, they will never live to the expectations of the players.
exactly, I'd leave god-like powers to actual gods, like it's with Loa, for which you need to do some bargains in order to help you.

But characters in the story should be as much close to the ground as possible so we can avoid derp moments like that.
I just wonder why Heart of Azeroth helps Horde player to be an conqueror?
Magni buffed Horde player, and now player is stronger than Tyrande. Magni is traitor?
*dark laughter* the king of diamonds has been made a pawn

But I think its more because during this war we still try to help Azeroth.
Magni doesnt care for the factions as long as we cure the wounds. Waht we do in our spare time he doesnt care as long as we dont hurt Azeroth
09/10/2018 08:37Posted by Xiaopaw
*dark laughter* the king of diamonds has been made a pawn

But I think its more because during this war we still try to help Azeroth.
Magni doesnt care for the factions as long as we cure the wounds. Waht we do in our spare time he doesnt care as long as we dont hurt Azeroth

We do keep bashing one another over tiny fragments of Azerite which we mercilessly tear away from the ground without a second though.
09/10/2018 08:46Posted by Halasibel
We do keep bashing one another over tiny fragments of Azerite which we mercilessly tear away from the ground without a second though.

I still remember that sequence where we use the heart to "repell" that void creature (lord?). I still believe that we are helping the void by collecting that azerite with the heart and magni is being deceived or he is deceiving us
09/10/2018 09:05Posted by Xiaopaw
09/10/2018 08:46Posted by Halasibel

I still remember that sequence where we use the heart to "repell" that void creature (lord?). I still believe that we are helping the void by collecting that azerite with the heart and magni is being deceived or he is deceiving us

That would be an interesting plot twist. But if we empowered Void Lord/Old Gods/Void forces ourselves like that, we would require someone/something with a truly cosmic level of power in order to stand a chance against them. And apparently, Azeroth herself is the only being in the universe capable of opposing the Void Lords.
So either one way or the other, we manage to rescue Azeroth and help her or we are all void-infested space dust already :)
09/10/2018 09:11Posted by Halasibel
09/10/2018 09:05Posted by Xiaopaw

That would be an interesting plot twist. But if we empowered Void Lord/Old Gods/Void forces ourselves like that, we would require someone/something with a truly cosmic level of power in order to stand a chance against them. And apparently, Azeroth herself is the only being in the universe capable of opposing the Void Lords.
So either one way or the other, we manage to rescue Azeroth and help her or we are all void-infested space dust already :)

There is still this death entity supporting Sylvanas, and the Void seems very scared of it. I believe that this entity went the "Sargeras" route and goes "better make everything undead before the Void infests Azeroth". N Zoth is more the old god with brain, so I can actually see him doing this whole plot behind the curtain giving us that twist.
Then I remember that every world tree was a welcome gate for void corruption. So with little suggesting or rightout command (I believe the subtle manipulation of the first) he could have manipulate Sylvanas to burn that tree.
5 keys to open our way. 5 torches to light our path.
The Worldtreys opened the way. The saying "5 torches to light our path" is neutral, doesnt say if it helps them or just coinced with their coming. The gates are already open so burning them doesnt stop us, but just highlight our coming and you just did it too late. Well speculations. We need more infos about that presence around Sylvans and maybe the one around Anduin (because I think he is guided too by something)
I agree completely. WoW needs a purge of it's most powerful characters, they're harming the narrative.
I agree.

Blizzard it's just making rip-offs of popular trends, instead of developing its own rich lore and story. In WoD, it was facebook games, and now its the Super-Hero trend. And as OP said, its bad for the game and the lore.
09/10/2018 10:01Posted by Amnastaria
Super-Hero trend. And as OP said, its bad for the game and the lore.

We had this "super heroes" since warcraft with hero units... Its not a trend... we always had in lore those superpowers, being it Thrall, Malfurion, medivh, Aegwyn, Medhan (may his retcon soul find rest), Jaina, Arthas, Tirion, Antonidas, Keal Thas, Ilidan, Tyrande "I wreck your city with stars" Whisperwind, Varian "I am so superb fighter only plot can kill me", Garrosh "my 25+- years !@# defeats in silge combat a 200+ years old Shado Pan Grandmaster of Kung fu" Hellscream.

We always had those... its not a new trend, it was what warcraft was always known for.
Note: didn't you promised to put me on ignore and not answering my posts?

On topic: You seem not to even understand what I wrote. WoW always had heroes, but until a certain time, they could not turn the tide of battle just by throwing themselves in, using divine force and tearing everything (that isn't another super-hero) to shreds.

In a good setting, big battles are fought and won by armies and strategists, not by throwing "the one" into the fray. And even a veteran hero can be trampled or flooded by enemy soldiers (it took on strategic mistake, followed by a single arrow in the eye to down King Herold in the battle of Hastings (1066)...).
But Blizzard stated to get more and more into the superhero trend (starting in Cata, made much worse as time passed, especially legion and BFA), battles turned into a teen-movie joke.
As if soldiers and military units are just there to be target dummies for super-heroes...
09/10/2018 10:37Posted by Amnastaria
Note: didn't you promised to put me on ignore and not answering my posts?

Where can I see my list? Because it seems that someone I ignore on my laptop, isnt ignored on my home pc.

To the rest:

Its because of the fans. They like such over the top char in the majority. I mean look at dark shore before the burning, an actual strategic win for a battle made by troops. There was no magic ship winning it or Sylvanas killing everyone with a single arrow. And I loved it.
A military win -> followed by fans not liking it in the majority -> followed by battle for undercity being a super hero siege wiping the floor with normal soldiers and tanks. I was singing " I need a hero" from the UC walls, waiting for some Horde hero to even the tides in a godzilla battle...

Dont know why people like that. Maybe they wish to be that hero?
Ah, the courageous King Harold Godwinson. A beacon of Hope and Virtue to the pious people of England. Such a tragic loss that day.
Raise your tankards of ale brothers and sisters, to King Harold!
Hurray!
Hurray!
Hurray!
Because too many people got to shallow standards of Hollywood, and wow mimics that.
I'm not against heroes at all, but up to a limit. I like to see even the best warriors endangered and in the risk of getting overwhelmed.

There was once a Chinese movie that I don't remember its name, about the dynasty wars after the fall of the first emperor - and they really got it well-balanced. On one hands, they made unforgettable war-heroes that with extreme battle skills, but on the other hand, non of them could win a war by himself. In the final tragic scene of the movie, the greatest hero keeps fighting for long minutes after he was left with no soldiers - he kills many attackers, but finally got overwhelmed by enemy soldiers.

I'm feeling that wow got over the top, just to cater for young fans. They may like to see Jaina, or Anduin or Sylvanas tearing armies, but I don't. It's running large part of my ability of "Suspension of disbelieve" when I play WoW.

09/10/2018 11:01Posted by Cyndane
Ah, the courageous King Harold Godwinson. A beacon of Hope and Virtue to the pious people of England. Such a tragic loss that day.
Raise your tankards of ale brothers and sisters, to King Harold!
Hurray!
Hurray!
Hurray!

* raising my pint *
(I wish I could have some cold beer now...)
Completely agreed.

The problem is that Blizzard wanted to implement superheroes into their lore and so they did. It was was around the time of Cata and Lich King, where they have driven the power level of some characters into absolute DBZ/Superman territory, which was in my opinion the point where the quality of wow lore began to drop hard.

You can get this by watching old Metzen Interviews, where he draws a lot of superhero comparisons to wow characters.

My best example would be Thrall:

Thrall went from:
Gladiator, revolutionary and reformer Thrall
To:
Superman, Dragon Aspect, World Shaman Thrall

He was basically turned into a super hero and his popularity with the fanbase dropped pretty much at the same time.
Mary Sues are boring.

Why bother waging a war in the first place? Just send in our Avengers' Squads and let's chill in the meantime.
Greatly agree with Thrall example I remeber how people were all surprised how Thrall was proclaimed "aruably the most powerful shaman in the world" and everyone were like "since when?! How?!"

The more powerup they thrown at him the less relatable he became, less realistic and became over the top weirdo that nobo likes anymore and nobody knows what he is supposed to be anymore.

I loved Thrall pre-Cata he was great leader and he made me look at orcs in vompletely different angle.
Malfurion and Tyrande are fine.

They could be very interesting in the story... If Blizzard had capable writers who knew how to write anything. Malfurion used to be a good example, especially woth Elegy; very hard to anger, but when he got at the point he was terrifying... And not even in an OP-way since he wasn't a army destroying Demi-god, he was terrifying in a way that he was without remorse and they didn't see him coming until it was to late.. He instilled fear in the enemy.

Also powerlevel differences between characters can be insteresting; Nanthanos could've ditched both Val'kyrs and a group of Dark Rangers at Tyrande and Malfurion to make his escape, who would'e blamed him for it? I know Iw wouldn't.
It’s why they wrote the Vindicaar out of the story. Massively OP characters only work in DBZ cause everyone there is OP.