The Night Warrior proved one thing

Story
09/10/2018 13:48Posted by Iosefka
It’s why they wrote the Vindicaar out of the story. Massively OP characters only work in DBZ cause everyone there is OP.

This. The game is already like Dynasty Warriors, where the footsoldiers are completely worthless. I'm glad they are toning her down and I hope they brought the same with Malfurion and Jaina. Otherwise they would have to stop using them (like Thor and Hulk in the MCU) to keep the game interesting.

It is a shame for the night elves fans but overall seems like a good thing.
Hmmm.
Well you are correct but you also have the issue of players misunderstanding the power scales of their heroes.

09/10/2018 07:48Posted by Isuck
evryone speaks about how Malfurion coudn't beat Nathanos

Was Malf not busy beating the life out of a val'kyr while Tyrande was giving the Banshee queen's champion a run for his money?

People seems to place certain characters on -god- pedestals even without the devs doing much on their own Malf and Tyrande are some pretty good examples.

Granted some times a certain alliance story group likes to feed upon that admiration and feed it back to the player-base.
Leading to god moments for certain characters like etc. <SPOILERS DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE SPOILED, YOU'VE NOW OFFICIALLY BEEN WARNED AND IF YOU COMPLAIN NOW? THEN YOU READ ON FULLY KNOWNING THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS>
we have Tyrande becoming the Night warrior the physical manifestiation of Elune's wrath! stunning a whole forsaken encampment at the flick of her fingers.
these kind of powerups are bad, really bad for the story unless they are one time deals like the moment in the war of ancient Malfurion become wrath of nature himself for one single moment and drives back archimonde or did he destroy Hakkar the houndmaster?
anyhow both of these moments were a one time thing, which was made clear could not be repeated as they were circumstantiol.

It’s why they wrote the Vindicaar out of the story.

It is a transporter not a juggernaut.
despite what some people believe it is not written out, it just simply not a world ending powerhouse it transports soldiers mostly and is hard to destroy.

with beacons placed by ground troops it can provide fast reinforcements.
But you first need these beacons placed before hand.
Godlike powers are bad for the story cohesion, yes.
But when a random zombie with a bow can withstand godlike powers it's even worse.

On an unrelated note, why can't Deathlords™ enslave that douche Slyanus'es cuckboy?
What i mean by this, at this point we are somewhat powerful beings in our own right after Legion, yet we're still running errands for some boy kings and walking corpses.
09/10/2018 14:54Posted by Solry
But when a random zombie with a bow can withstand godlike powers it's even worse.

On an unrelated note, why can't Deathlords™ enslave that douche Slyanus'es cuckboy?
What i mean by this, at this point we are somewhat powerful beings in our own right after Legion, yet we're still running errands for some boy kings and walking corpses.

Actually, I see the Darkshore scenario as clear evidence that the PC is capable of going toe to toe with racial leaders.
God like characters are bad for the story.

It just depends on how you use them, they are bad. Just the way how Blizzard handles them are.
09/10/2018 15:00Posted by Erevien

Actually, I see the Darkshore scenario as clear evidence that the PC is capable of going toe to toe with racial leaders.

Then I, as a priest should be able to one-shot that snarky undead idiot and his !@#$% queen with a single Smite. Alas.
09/10/2018 15:00Posted by Erevien

Tell that to Sylvanas who Force chokes the Alliance player at Darkshore
It’s why they wrote the Vindicaar out of the story. Massively OP characters only work in DBZ cause everyone there is OP.

Well that light canon was powered by Argunite stones (that was the WQ about to gather them in order to sustain it).
So they are now out of fuel and they likely need to implement anothet source to make it work.
09/10/2018 15:26Posted by Zakkaru

Well that light canon was powered by Argunite stones (that was the WQ about to gather them in order to sustain it).
So they are now out of fuel and they likely need to implement anothet source to make it work.

Some time ago, I wrote about a similar reason for Vindicaar's absence. Just make it work due to the fueling of a certain, rare crystal - salvaged from Exodar.

Now Vindicaar would be useless not because it "doesn't fit the story" but because all those crystals have been depleted during the Argus Invasion and there just aren't any more of those shiny goodies. After all, Exodar was a Naaru vessel, it makes sense that we just wouldn't have access to everything that Naaru had.

Light beacons still exist on Argus. And on the Vindicaar.
All the night warrior scenario proves is that Blizzard is only interested in hyping up Nathanos the Hedgeheg. Other characters can just join forsaken or something.
09/10/2018 08:23Posted by Призраклеса
I just wonder why Heart of Azeroth helps Horde player to be an conqueror?
Magni buffed Horde player, and now player is stronger than Tyrande. Magni is traitor?

I just wonder why Heart of Azeroth helps Alliance players who are allied to creature of the void who wants to destroy anything and bring suffering to all with the void Minnions the Old Gods activly trying to corrupt her.

Tyrande is used to be soon as overpowerd, Thrall in his youth days destroyed a fortress by himself with the help of his Earth bro's now or what he has done in Cata, now he's not much compared to the power he once held. Same goes with Tyrande.

But overall Warcraft 3 overpowerd the heroes by alot, you probaly questio why?

Simple they are hero units.
09/10/2018 15:39Posted by Solry

Light beacons still exist on Argus. And on the Vindicaar.

We abandoned Argus in Legion, we canonically don't return there.
09/10/2018 15:54Posted by Tyrniae
I just wonder why Heart of Azeroth helps Alliance players who are allied to creature of the void who wants to destroy anything and bring suffering to all with the void Minnions the Old Gods activly trying to corrupt her.

They sound better than greenskins tbh. At least they won't claim they dindu nuffin.
God like characters are bad for the story.

Blizzard can't let them use their lore wise powers, because their presence would istantly make us useless. For example, evryone speaks about how Malfurion coudn't beat Nathanos, but just a few years ago he was completly owned by the Shade of Xavius. A SHADE! It was a 5 man boss, but no one complained back then for some reason. That was like if we ound Jaina as Sweete or Korgus sex toy to make you understand.

God like characters are ok.. if they are in their game. But it's ours. That mean

s that as long as they exist, they will never live to the expectations of the players.

God like villains can exist, therefore God like heroes can too. If they are disappointing, them they are either not written well or grossly over estimated by the fan. But they can certainly work, even in the context of a story where the player character is herself a great hero, I would say it is even easier.

Maybe most fans don't realize their character is more of a badass than most lore heroes.
Blizzard simply doesn't care about consistency. However you need it if you want to write a good story, otherwise it becomes totally random what your characters can and cannot do and how powerful they really are.
For example, evryone speaks about how Malfurion coudn't beat Nathanos, but just a few years ago he was completly owned by the Shade of Xavius. A SHADE! It was a 5 man boss, but no one complained back then for some reason.

That actually made sense lorewise though. malfurion power is closely tied to the dream and xavius is corrupting that source of power.
But since when is Malfurion a powerful "Demigod" as many claimed? Yes he is a masterdruid, but he only once had demigod powersand that was in WotA. It was a one sequence thing donated to him for that moment. A use and lose if you want. After that he slept for millenias and woke up during WC3 where he was as powerful as a Archdruid is... not a god. Since then not much changed. Or am I missing a redcon?
10/10/2018 13:29Posted by Xiaopaw
But since when is Malfurion a powerful "Demigod" as many claimed?

im not sure calling him a demigod is warented, but one would assume that the first (and most powerfull) druid of azeroth and Elune's chosen, now turned into the avatar of her wrath, would not have this much trouble with an undead hunter and 2 val'kyr (one of which isnt even fighting). Especially given their track records.

In war of thorns malfurion was winning from sylvanas until saurfang intervened, and now he can barely tank one of her minions? Meanwhile nathanos (who isnt shown to have any real special powers other than being good with a bow) is holding his own against "the night warrior".

Blizzard just needs to figure out everone's powerlevel and stick with it. One minute you have someone solo queen azshara and N'zoth at the same time, one patch later they get killed by a peon with a stick.
10/10/2018 14:11Posted by Aglarana
10/10/2018 13:29Posted by Xiaopaw
But since when is Malfurion a powerful "Demigod" as many claimed?

im not sure calling him a demigod is warented, but one would assume that the first (and most powerfull) druid of azeroth and Elune's chosen, now turned into the avatar of her wrath, would not have this much trouble with an undead hunter and 2 val'kyr (one of which isnt even fighting). Especially given their track records.

In war of thorns malfurion was winning from sylvanas until saurfang intervened, and now he can barely tank one of her minions? Meanwhile nathanos (who isnt shown to have any real special powers other than being good with a bow) is holding his own against "the night warrior".

Blizzard just needs to figure out everone's powerlevel and stick with it. One minute you have someone solo queen azshara and N'zoth at the same time, one patch later they get killed by a peon with a stick.

The difference you just told. She was alone vs him, now we get the Valkyr in play. One of the strongest agents of the scourge (or so they were called in WotLK). But its a bit incosistent here on what the power of a Valkyr is. I mean beginning from a spirit healer that really can reanimate people without problems, from scourge Valkyrs that can reanimate battlefield in short times or even call upon the might of void and light, to the powerful Helya to the one in Andorhal jsut getting stomped... maybe she was the weakest link. But in general this are fearsome and powerful creature. Being able to kill one with a single shot is only possible with a huge might behind. And that Tyrande did, at the cost of jsut a champions escape. If I had to chosse I think the "life" of one of the original 9 is much more valuable that nathanos, moreso if I get the enemies leader life closer to permadeath.

10/10/2018 14:11Posted by Aglarana

On that we totally agree