PVP nerf - SIN/SUB/OUTLAW?

Rogue
is Sin still the best PvP spec, even after the nerf?
Define best? We talking control, damage (raw v dot), mobility?
ofc the other 2 are utter trash
10/10/2018 11:48Posted by Thería
is Sin still the best PvP spec, even after the nerf?

Yup.
Pshero as Outlaw doing pretty well in pvp, every spec is viable if u know how to play ... Amen
Outlaw is not trash at all.

Subt is trash - Assa is also fine.
Based on what conclusion is outlaw not trash in pvp?
Assa is the best one, unfortunately, playstyle is pretty straight forward and mongo-like, almost kidney target on dr and do your pve rotation.
Outlaw is kinda meh, has its own strenghts, 1.30 cd 30yd blind being the reason you pick that spec. Has meh burst and meh sustained so it's kinda in a weird spot at the moment, yes the ranged kidney is nice to set up for cc but you actually want the stuns on your target if you're playing rmx so that makes the spec feel kinda weird after the dmg nerfs.
Sub is just a stunbot atm, don't expect to deal any real damage, you just do great setups for your mage, you shouldn't play it atm imho, unless you really are a god.

Unfortunately blizzard's recent nerfs to the two interesting rogue specs forced almost everyone into the mongo spec that no one really wants to play.
outlaw to a lesser extent is viable, look at PShero, hes 2700 and plays outlaw. You get more utility that way compared to assa then too if you played outlaw.
12/10/2018 10:45Posted by Mistborn
Pshero as Outlaw doing pretty well in pvp, every spec is viable if u know how to play ... Amen
Who !@#$ing cares about those you tubers ffs
Can people develop a bit why Subtlety is bad? It's mostly what I've been playing but I feel my damage is low. At first I thought it was normal as I was gearing up but now I'm close to 350 I still have problems; I can control the pace of a fight if I'm not just standing in the open, but my burst isn't that amazing to make up for the low damage in between.

I've played subtlety since forever (excluding the old Mutilate/Preparation) and I enjoy Shadowy Duel in battlegrounds to remove healers from combat and in WPvP (it resets city guards), but given I see so many rogues playing assassination I'm wondering if perhaps I'm limiting myself too much.
26/10/2018 10:14Posted by Kyph
Can people develop a bit why Subtlety is bad? It's mostly what I've been playing but I feel my damage is low. At first I thought it was normal as I was gearing up but now I'm close to 350 I still have problems; I can control the pace of a fight if I'm not just standing in the open, but my burst isn't that amazing to make up for the low damage in between.

I've played subtlety since forever (excluding the old Mutilate/Preparation) and I enjoy Shadowy Duel in battlegrounds to remove healers from combat and in WPvP (it resets city guards), but given I see so many rogues playing assassination I'm wondering if perhaps I'm limiting myself too much.

Just go sin. Sub atm is pure trashcan. You will feel difference like day and night. Outlaw with right traits can do insane damage too but is boring to play. Roll bones are pure RNG spec. COuld be amazing and could be slowly going downhill spec. SIN just offers best of them.
26/10/2018 10:14Posted by Kyph

burst is mediocre and sustained is really, really bad. that's why sub is bad. other than damage it's fine. can still kill things in rmp because mage burst is through the roof and priest helps out. for solo pvp i can see it being really hard to kill people.

assa is the strongest for sure, followed by outlaw. i've been experimenting with playing those specs but ultimately i've decided to stick with sub because it's what i'm most comfortable with and enjoy the most.

if you want to try something else, outlaw is a nice mix of enjoyable and powerful. assa is pretty dull.