Solution to faction imbalance

General
I think all of us who play both factions have noticed the vast difference in warmode and battleground queues, horde dominates warmode, while alliance has 1-3 min battleground queues, horde having 10+ min queues.

There's 2 solutions that could make a difference;
1. Void elf paladins
2. High elf allied race for alliance

I've read a lot of EU and US forums, and played on both factions, what I've concluded is that there's a significant amount of blood elf players who'd like to play alliance if there were either high elves or void elf paladins. Silver covenant serves alliance so high elves make absolute sense, and with void elves being priests paladins aren't too far fetched.
Blood elves are a thick portion of horde players, and adding high elves to alliance, or letting void elves be paladins could make more people switch from horde to alliance and even out the faction ratio to near 50:50.

With vulperas coming in 8.1 or 8.2 for horde side, and alliance not having an announced allied race, high elves would be a solid choice that would benefit both alliance and horde in general, and it is very easy to make, just add blue eyes to blood elf model.
Hmm maybe something more exotic for Alliance rather than another human-like race. Sethrak has been a popular pick among many Alliance players, i think they could add some much needed flavor on the Alliance side.
It'll not be a solution at all, not half the horde will faction change their Blood Elves to wannabe Blood elves v2.
Also, ayy for another "giv high elf pls" thread.
Yeah lets give the Alliance yet ANOTHER paladin race when the Horde only have two.

Races or race class combos are not the problem. There is enough Alliance population. You just can't force them to go go warmode.
Hmm ... what about .... no?
1-3 min battleground?? Where? I have 10+ min queue on battlegrounds.
Or just remove factions completely since they add nothing to a pve game?

Warmode could be FFA with a bounty system and bgs would work like rated ones do.
People play horde because it's the pve faction.
This was suggestion to help a little to faction balancing, that being said I'd love snek people far over any kind of elves, but I doubt blizzard would give us Sethrak
I guess maybe making one faction numerically superior in PvE for 2 entire expansions had a negative effect on faction balance, huh
Whoda thunk it, right?
27/10/2018 15:25Posted by Dreamkore
I guess maybe making one faction numerically superior in PvE for 2 entire expansions had a negative effect on faction balance, huh
Whoda thunk it, right?

I remember playing horde in the legion prepatch and BG queues being less than a minute and then going up to 6-10 minutes during legion.
Whoda thunk it, right?

Mag'har racials are basically useless and we still see tons of mag'har orcs, racials are useful yes, but people will go with what they like most unless they're going for high end content.
I've played a male blood elf paladin for nearly 8 years across private servers before moving to retail, where all my friends chose to go alliance. I've grown to like alliance towns and zones, Boralus is amazing, well done Blizzard. It's sad to see fellow blood elf players being so salty and negative about being able to play both factions, it's nothing but a big bonus to everyone who loves playing blood elves.

Imagine how twisted of a person do you have to be to not want others to be able to play a blood elves on both factions, to be so self-consumed not to want others to have fun because you wouldn't like it yourself, it's not lore-breaking, there's absolutely no reason not to add high elves when there's actual high elves fighting for the alliance under Silver Covenant.
27/10/2018 16:59Posted by Kilith
Imagine how twisted of a person do you have to be to not want others to be able to play a blood elves on both factions

that's correct I don't want them to :)
What exactly do you lose if Alliance gets high elves? I'm curious.
Just give horde free faction change and call it a day. Some sucker is bound to use it and get stuck in the alliance.
27/10/2018 16:00Posted by Kilith
Whoda thunk it, right?

Mag'har racials are basically useless and we still see tons of mag'har orcs, racials are useful yes, but people will go with what they like most unless they're going for high end content.

I think Asmongold described this pretty well on one of his streams.
It's a trickle down effect, mythic raiders want every bit of cookie cutter edge they can get so they all go horde, now all the heroic raiders that aspire to be a mythic raider need to swap to horde to have a realistic hope of getting into any serious mythic raiding guild, normal raiders follow heroic raiders and so on, and so on.
Todays playerbase is already GLOBALLY 60-70% horde 30-40% alliance, that is a gigantic margin that should not exist but does because of careless balancing and Blizzard can not revert it. If they just make Ally op then they invert the issue.

The only true way to fix faction balancing once and for all is to add a third faction into the game, that way the relative ''us to them'' disparity will be lessened by a whole lot.
27/10/2018 13:58Posted by Kilith
I think all of us who play both factions have noticed the vast difference in warmode and battleground queues, horde dominates warmode, while alliance has 1-3 min battleground queues, horde having 10+ min queues.

3-5 min regular bg
7-10 min epic bg

Anyway, your solutions won't change anything. Game population is shrinking so it's natural for players to choose single faction to offset lack of players. People play horde because of better experience, this faction has more players, more organized activities and overall higher quality of your average player. Players leave Alliance for Horde for the same reasons players leave dead realms for full ones.
If you want alliance to have more players, you can faction change yourself, but you won't, because it would lower quality of your gaming experience, so you prefer others to do that...
LOOOOOL u are basically just begging again for the gazilionth time for a stupid High elven race... all that just to play a blood elf with blue eyes...