[Spoilers alert] 8.1 Discussion Thread 4

Argent Dawn
1 2 3 17 Next
I honestly want 8.1 out now so I can start doing more spreadout work on my alts...

I just want easier process!
Same! That accountwide rep will be so nice...
27/10/2018 19:36Posted by Chíeun

Does that work on every reputation?
(aka, titles like 'conqueror', 'justicar' are going to be account-wide?)
27/10/2018 19:40Posted by Aristion

So far as I know the "account-wide" stuff is just for achievements* and for the neck upgrade from Champions of Azeroth.

*not even all of them - I don't think Insane is account-wide, it's just for the "Exalted with XX reps" ones.

Edit: oh yeah, gear too for transmog.

From what I saw, they said that all items requiring reputation will now count your rep as accountwide, which includes HoA empowerments. I don't remember if they count titles, but it wouldn't surprise me since they made vicious amounts accountwide.
27/10/2018 19:46Posted by Elenthas

So far as I know the "account-wide" stuff is just for achievements* and for the neck upgrade from Champions of Azeroth.

*not even all of them - I don't think Insane is account-wide, it's just for the "Exalted with XX reps" ones.

Edit: oh yeah, gear too for transmog.

Fair enough. Not bad, but I don't feel like making the grind for Conqueror all again.
27/10/2018 19:48Posted by Aristion
Fair enough. Not bad, but I don't feel like making the grind for Conqueror all again.

I second this. I'm fairly close to getting it on my old main, some 1,6k rep off with Silverwing. and I seriously don't want to grind it ever again.
Really looking forward to that rep sharing. Will make the Human main all the more worthwhile lol.
I look forward to shared rep too. So many tabards I can't use on other characters atm...
Shared rep? Holy cow! I can't understate how big of a deal that is...

...I do have one question though, how would it work cross faction, with Alliance/Horde unique reps?

I imagine if you haven't reached exalted one side, the opposite faction rep will still need to be gained first.

Otherwise, that's glorious!
Ok, so, the Night Elf glaives?

Demon Hunters only.

This is not ok. Someone get on the US forums or someone who might be heard like Amongold or w/e and get it out; This. Is. Not. Ok.
27/10/2018 21:39Posted by Kaytlinne

Demon Hunters only.

This is not ok. Someone get on the US forums or someone who might be heard like Amongold or w/e and get it out; This. Is. Not. Ok.

Should be Cosmetic - NElf only.

More racial weapons please.
Why is Blizzard so afraid of giving racial themed weapons? Like what's the point?
27/10/2018 21:46Posted by Boush
Why is Blizzard so afraid of giving racial themed weapons? Like what's the point?

Horde bias, naturally.

I can't make sense of this either. People have been asking for these since vanilla. Is it really just another case of the "no fun allowed" meme?
27/10/2018 22:01Posted by Renuath

I can't make sense of this either. People have been asking for these since vanilla. Is it really just another case of the "no fun allowed" meme?

I honestly think it's so they can save it in case wow ever needs to sell them as real money "content".

I mean, what other reason could there be?
27/10/2018 21:43Posted by Elenthas

Demon Hunters only.

Should be Cosmetic - NElf only.

More racial weapons please.

Well technically speaking... They did make it an Night Elf-only weapon by restricting the Sentinel's Glaive to Demon Hunters only.

I think I pointed it out in the second or first thread that they're Demon Hunter only weapons, nice to see others noticing it now to!

Demon Hunters only.

I feel angery...
Also is it official now that the Alliance Purge squads are gone? I read about it on the US forums but lacking any confirmation about it!?
27/10/2018 23:22Posted by Moridunum
Also is it official now that the Alliancr Purge squads are gone? I read about it on the US forums but lacking any confirmation about it!?

The NPCs aren't in wowhead's ptr database anymore.