3 Needed Guardian Changes

Druid
1) As with DKs & DHs, change Frenzied Regeneration to heal based on the amount of damage taken within the previous 5 seconds.

2) Moonfire passive effect: Targets affected by Moonfire deal 4% less damage to you

3) Remove the Lunar Beam Talent (PLEASE) and replace it with Twin Moons: "Moonfire Deals 20% increased damage and also hits another nearby enemy within 15 yards of the target."

These changes would also stay in line with your current theme of transitioning Legendaries & Artifact traits from Legion into BFA and wouldn't do anything but make Moonfire and it's effects a little more engaging instead of purely being used for extra DPS.

It's almost as if Blizzard is completely ignoring the fact that the MoonBear build last expansion was not only extremely fun but engaging as well because of the passive damage reduction. Also, this would make all 3 of our level 100 row Talents viable choices depending on the content that you're doing and what your goals are with either the difficulty of the content or how you prefer to play.

One last note, the Frenzied Regen change would also add a little bit of passive Magic Damage assistance to add into the toolkit to heal for a bit more in Waycrest Manor for example.

Read this on the US forums posted by Nihillo, and thought the changes sounded great so decided to repost on EU
I like it. Old FR would help us in M+ a lot. MF changes seem interesting as well, though I am not sure how much a 4% would help. I like the idea of the talent though.

I would also suggest that we get some form of Rage of the Sleeper back. It was a good ability both for offense and for defense and it felt satisfying to use in my opinion.
28/10/2018 22:40Posted by Cheewystars
1) As with DKs & DHs, change Frenzied Regeneration to heal based on the amount of damage taken within the previous 5 seconds.

Blizz nerfed FR going from Legion to BFA to sort of reduce bear's ability to recover from magic damage and self-sustain but they simply went overboard since we not only lost the traits that boosted FR, we also lost our third charge and they increased the cd. And don't forget that at some point in the expansion they made mastery not affect FR because it was double dipping with the HP increase.

I would like FR to heal 50% of recent damage with a 20% of maximum HP minimum heal. Additionally I would like to see mangle hits and crits to reduce the cd of FR by 1 and 2 seconds respectively to give it some more interaction.

28/10/2018 22:40Posted by Cheewystars
3) Remove the Lunar Beam Talent (PLEASE) and replace it with Twin Moons: "Moonfire Deals 20% increased damage and also hits another nearby enemy within 15 yards of the target."

Let damage from Moonfire also heal you for 100% of the damage. This is fine since our damage output is very small compared to our hp bar and its not like in Legion. We could use some tickle healing.

I really feel that this should be added as part of the Balance affinity. There are so many ways to spice up affinities for guardian so that they empower an ability.

Feral Affinity: In addition to giving more abilities in cat form and extra movement speed why not let something like "Mangle now also applies lacerate to your target and 2 additional targets within 8 yards. Lacerate stacks up to 3 times. For every enemy you lacerate you gain "Ashamane's Blessing". Reaching 9 stacks of "Ashamane's Blessing" gives you "Elune's Blessing" allowing regrowth to be cast in bear form for free.

Resto Affinity: Swiftmend and cleanse corruption can now be cast in bear form. Using mangle on a target applies Rejuvenation to you and 4 of your closest allies. Using Thrash applies 1 stack of Lifebloom to a friendly target within 30 yards.

I feel that giving Affinities a bigger role in the way i just described would make bears a lot more interesting.
I think Blizz should provide some unique benefit for bears, and nerf some other tank classes, especially DK, who have abnormal selfhealing, fantastic mass-grip and fulltime control over demon-type mob at the same time.
Bears definitely need some unique and useful benefit for the group. Reducing our SR CD by 50% is all well and good but it's range is still very poor making it very very VERY niche and almost useless.

Given that LotP has returned for feral, albeit in a ridiculous fashion (ergo PvP only talent that will not see any use whatsoever) it'd be nice to give this to both Guardian and Feral to have them bring something beside poor damage or middle tier HP tank in PvE. The changes above sound great too.

FR off GCD would be a huge improvement. We see that Warriors now have IP off GCD, so why not FR.

The resto affinity changes there sound a bit too strong. However being able to cast Remove Corruption and maybe having Swiftmend (without Mastery benefits maybe?) castable in bear would really help. Other hybrid tanks do this already, and with Blizz pushing for us to stay in forms so much, there's no reason these shouldn't be accessible.

Lunar beam needs to go. Now. Get rid of it ffs. Nobody uses it. Nobody likes it. Adding more damage/healing to it will NOT make it worth a second glance over Pulverise or RnT.

Also Ursols competing with Wildcharge feels bad. I mean, every other tank has their gap closer as baseline.
Why are bears forced to spec for it?
Why are bears the only tank with no slow?
Why are they the only hybrid that can't cast upon themselves even?
Why is all the utility locked behind a caster form that isn't usable half the time?

Bring back the slow, bring back a DPS cd (even with the 11% buff we're still far behind other tanks that all have access to a DPS cd??) and give us bear and cats LotP to compete with buffs and utilities that other tanks and melee bring (Commanding Shout/10%AP/5%Melee/5%Magic/Grip/AoE Grip/Stealth/Hard CC(Shaman also need something here as melee but thats another topic)).
29/10/2018 21:54Posted by Aurelliea
The resto affinity changes there sound a bit too strong. However being able to cast Remove Corruption and maybe having Swiftmend (without Mastery benefits maybe?) castable in bear would really help. Other hybrid tanks do this already, and with Blizz pushing for us to stay in forms so much, there's no reason these shouldn't be accessible.

Well not really as they could obviously be tuned accordingly. The main idea is that as Resto affinity you should be able to do some small off-healing for your group

This could be useful and provide some utility to bears, especially in grevious weeks which really stress the healer.

When you don't need that extra healing you could for the more dps oriented affinities that either focus on moonfire or lacerate but which still give bear some more personal healing and also make the gameplay a lot more fun and meaningful.

Am just throwing some ideas, there are so many ways to spice up guardian druid and make it more desirable.
I'd add a 4th change : bring back rage of the sleeper... ?
DK's have 2 abilities that reduce dmg by 30%, one of them with lol cd, as if they were not invincible enough. And we get our rage of the sleeper scrapped off... what kind of moron came up with that, I wonder.
Some new ability to use in our rotation once in a while would be cool. Also would be great to do some threat, but maybe the coming buffs are enough, we'll see.

Our core toolkit before certain talent choices is extremely limited, so I think wild charge should become a baseline ability with ursol's vortex coming back as a talent.

Also get rid of the GCD on frenzied regen.

Bears really need something more to be interesting again. We've lost so much without gaining anything for so long.
I can simply think of many non-op things they can bring to make Bears bearable or good. But dominating Legion expansion made us suffer now.
We hardly dominated. OP in NH until they removed MoU sure, but after that we were taken for like what... Two fights where SR actually had some use for once. Antorus was all BDK.
30/10/2018 02:01Posted by Maelboja
29/10/2018 21:54Posted by Aurelliea

Well not really as they could obviously be tuned accordingly. The main idea is that as Resto affinity you should be able to do some small off-healing for your group

This could be useful and provide some utility to bears, especially in grevious weeks which really stress the healer.

When you don't need that extra healing you could for the more dps oriented affinities that either focus on moonfire or lacerate but which still give bear some more personal healing and also make the gameplay a lot more fun and meaningful.

Am just throwing some ideas, there are so many ways to spice up guardian druid and make it more desirable.
i really like idea with rejuvs. Being able passively heal group (even for little) would be something new like a tank
I mostly play healer, I and saw my first bear last night (lowly 6+), and it was noticeable how much more care the bear needs compared to other healers. It could be, that tank wasn't good.

But, the damage spikes seemed to high--particular to magic damage. I should say, primarily to magic damage.

They need to bring back the ability that was taken away, forgot what it was called (since really don't play tank) where magic damage is reduced by 30% or something like that, for rage. It got nerfed during Legion.

I doubt it will make it's return, but anyway, it would be nice.

Also, I would be an advocate if all tanks (and non-tanks) had defensive abilities taken off the GCD.