Blizzcon arena championship predictions

Arenas
Who do you think will come out on top?

I think skill capped red will win their turbo is looking flawless.
EU>NA
I'm rooting for Pen and Paper. That Chinese team pops up at every Blizzcon, and usually has some rather unorthodox playstyle, but they're not as good as the best EU and US teams. I always find them enjoyable to watch though, probably because we don't otherwise see much of the Asian PvP scene. And it's fun to cheer for the underdog :P
I have tried watching the latest tournaments. I must admit that it's pretty boring and more or less predictable how matches go. The best par of it is actually Ziqo's analysis after the games. Because without it I would have no idea what just happened.
02/11/2018 11:17Posted by Molbert
Because without it I would have no idea what just happened.

I lean a lot on the commentator break-down as well. That's just how WoW Arena is. Unless you're super hardcore and invested in it, then a lot of the gameplay can easily go WHOOOSH!! over your head as you spectate.

It's not the most viewer-friendly game to watch, that's for sure. But I do think it's entertaining even if you don't understand all the details and nuances. Blizzcon sort of emphasises the competition and builds a story around it. A guy like CDew has been there before. Is 2018 going to be his year? What about those Chinese underdogs, can they pull an ace out of their sleeve and make the upset?

That's sort of how I watch it; the broader lines and the human stories, not so much the crowd control chains and the finer details of a burst combo execution. I can watch that stuff on a stream on twitch any day. Blizzcon is about the emotions of the players, the journey through qualifications and to the top stage, and the continuous quest for some of the players to be nr. 1.
And there's some EU vs. NA rivalry as well, of course ^_^
Either Skill Capped or Method Black.
I'm rooting for Skill Capped. Solid players overall and I think they deserve it.
I want whaazz vs pikaboo. Eu>Na btw.
Finals: either cdew vs loony or whaaz vs loony
As much as i'd like for whaazz to take this home, loony's team is probably favored to win. Strong comp and favored by the meta.
Hilariously if this was end of legion...where like every team got qualification in i think method black would have it rather easily. But now theres probably 4 teams who could win and im not sure method blacks chances are as high anymore but theyre pretty diverse.
02/11/2018 11:09Posted by Jito
I'm rooting for Pen and Paper.

Me too, their druid is pretty awesome tbh.
I root for whatever's not RMX, Jungle, PHP or DH.
melee mongo comps
I want too see a spicy chicken and mongolian earthworm cleave comps. Want to see something new. Always was wondering who came with this names btw.
I'd only watch that !@#$ if they'd actually had the balls to force-implement THIS rule, RIGHT before the start:

All teams not including a destruction or Affliction warlock (WITHOUT ID TRAITS) are disqualified immediately.

Would be funny to see how that would pan out.
02/11/2018 17:57Posted by Archimitros
I'd only watch that !@#$ if they'd actually had the balls to force-implement THIS rule, RIGHT before the start:

All teams not including a destruction or Affliction warlock (WITHOUT ID TRAITS) are disqualified immediately.

God forbid a team without a lock won blizzcon... isn't like you and shamans have won the most.
Whatever, a player that hasn't played this class since the beginning just CANNOT understand how utterly depressing and frustrating the behaviour of this company is when it comes to our feedback and issues.

Come again when you went through the same !@#$. For me it's the first time in a long time I'm using the last days of my sub to only complain further here in the forums, because there is no other feeling left inside of me when it comes to this game, I used to love.

Thanks.

?? Destro lock is fine
^ It's bull!@#$ design wise, has been since WoD, but at least WoD still had the redeeming quality of our ember mechanic as it was originally designed in MoP.

I loathe a 3 min one trick pony spec that is the easiest to shut down in the game so much. I want my baseline core functionality back and our toolkit that was extremely stripped away without replacements.

And the toolkit that stayed has been destroyed mechanically aswell, Shadowfury with a 1.5s cast time? FFS no.
02/11/2018 19:29Posted by Omega

?? Destro lock is fine
It's viable more or less. But not fine.