I am sorry Blizzard that you have to go through this

General
But you deserve it!
You have always tried the best to label yourself as a company that listens to your audience. Sadly, you're not that anymore.

Now you've got the chance to correct this miserable disaster of a miscommunication between you and your fans, or should I say correct your business model. A little less money and grab a little more passion for your own work will go along way!

I remember the days when you saw the name Blizzard on a game and you knew right at that moment that you were never gonna be disappointed.

Today your fans are disappointed.

We are trying to be constructive in our way of communicating with you. There are literally hundreds of posts giving you this information on these forums.
All what I have said now have been told many, many times. I just couldn't be silent anymore.

You have changed, for the worse.
Could you at least explain what you are referring to? Blizzard are making changes to the game, albeit begrudgingly but changes are being made based on feedback.
I thought that the message was clear. Everything about them and the way they do things lately. Maybe with Diablo Immortal as the final drop.

Azerite armor or RNG. The list goes on.
*Yawn*
05/11/2018 09:24Posted by Nightsting
I'm actually bright for the future again, but 'yesterday' (symbolically speaking) I was disappointed yes, mostly because I had a feeling that the playerbase was being heared but nothing was being done, as if it was assumed the new systems will grow onto us

When it was obvious it didn't, they promised vendors, increased the azerite from WQ emissery's because it 'didn't give enough according to their models' (which feels like a lowkey way of saying people aren't doing island expeditions as much as they'd hoped)

Heroic warfront is eh I'd also would've liked a mythic and pvp but on the other hand best that they try a heroic one first and expand on that.

Azerite traits are bad but personally for me it could be worse, altho I only recently gained exalted with everything and only started focussing on gear recently after that and they also said they're bringing new traits and new ways of getting azerite gear (which isn't a problem for me, emissery's give lower ilvl azerite gear then I have atm)

They're being reasonably apprehensive about admitting mistakes to a point you can expect from a company but reading between the lines you can take an educated guess on where their regrets are, but a lot of grievances were adressed, we'll have to see if the proposed fixes will be enough but for now on paper they sound good so, I'll see what they come up with
05/11/2018 09:37Posted by Nightsting
Maybe with Diablo Immortal as the final drop.
I'll be honest I feel bad for diablo players but the reveal of the great diablo project being a mobile version of the game had me laughing for a few minutes.

I hope that the person who thought that was a good idea got some good stinkeye from his coworkers after that
If you're refering to Diablo, go back to their forums. We're sick of seeing these in the WoW forums.

If you're refering to WoW, they litterally are listening? They're working to reduce RNG, revert GCD, working to improve Azerite armour, trying to give the Alliance & Night elves a military spotlight in the story, giving players choices in the campaigns between whether they support Saurfang or Sylvanas.... Whatever issue you're having (that you've so helpfully have not provided) is either heard and being worked on or hasn't had a lot of complaints.

I hate that term these days.

Everyone goes around saying they're fans. But they're not. They always attatch buts and ifs to the statement.
"I'm a fan, but..."
"I'm a fan, if..."

It's never just: "I'm a fan!"

A true fan doesn't come with the buts and ifs. It's an unconditional statement.

Most people are just using the term for their own convinience; usually to add emotional weight to one of their posts ("I'm a fan Blizzard, so hear me out as I proceed to trash-talk you!").

A true fan leans overwhelmingly toward positive sentiments in regards to Blizzard and their games.

You clearly don't.

By what standard can you claim to be a fan given what you just wrote?

If you have all these issues with the games, and take such offense from Blizzard, then you're no fan. You're a pretender.
05/11/2018 09:54Posted by Jito

I hate that term these days.

Everyone goes around saying they're fans. But they're not. They always attatch buts and ifs to the statement.
"I'm a fan, but..."
"I'm a fan, if..."

It's never just: "I'm a fan!"

A true fan doesn't come with the buts and ifs. It's an unconditional statement.

Most people are just using the term for their own convinience; usually to add emotional weight to one of their posts ("I'm a fan Blizzard, so hear me out as I proceed to trash-talk you!").

A true fan leans overwhelmingly toward positive sentiments in regards to Blizzard and their games.

You clearly don't.

By what standard can you claim to be a fan given what you just wrote?

If you have all these issues with the games, and take such offense from Blizzard, then you're no fan. You're a pretender.

What hogwash.

There’s a difference between being a ‘fan’ and just blindly following them.

You make it sound almost like a fan cannot criticise because as soon as they do they’re no longer a ‘true fan’.
05/11/2018 10:02Posted by Sterbén
You make it sound almost like a fan cannot criticise because as soon as they do they’re no longer a ‘true fan’.

You can criticize, but the criticism should come from a positive outlook. That's what being a fan entails – that you have a positive outlook on Blizzard and their games and that your sentiments toward them are overwhelmingly positive.

This:
But you deserve it!

Is not that.
05/11/2018 09:48Posted by Sylvare
I'll be honest I feel bad for diablo players but the reveal of the great diablo project being a mobile version of the game had me laughing for a few minutes.

I hope that the person who thought that was a good idea got some good stinkeye from his coworkers after that

I'm pretty sure the poor guys who were made to announce it lost a game of super mario smash bros against their co-workers.

"Awwww guys nooooo!"

"Hoohooo he's gonna catch sooo much flak!"
05/11/2018 09:50Posted by Zestyzanzil
They're working to reduce RNG, revert GCD, working to improve Azerite armour, trying to give the Alliance & Night elves a military spotlight in the story, giving players choices in the campaigns between whether they support Saurfang or Sylvanas

It would be nice to see them working.
05/11/2018 09:54Posted by Jito

I guess after 12-13 years of loyal gameplay, I am a pretender.

The reason people are pissed, is because blizzard pissed on their backs, and told them it's raining.

People are fans and love the game, dearly, and blame blizzard for ruining what they love.

Fan or not, that is the truth.

Can they fix it? sure. Will they in a timely manner? Who knows.
I see Jito is here aswell, Jito you are probably someone in WoW that likes WF/TF.....
Just made a post about having actual real life impact on business choices. Buying or selling Activision Blizzard stocks.

Anyone agrees it's a legitimate strategy on top off commenting or disliking youtube videos?
When you think about it then might be intendent that the game is not as addictive as in its prime.

Up to WotlK the game was so addictive families splitted, kids refused to go school, grown ups that lost their jobs and some extreme cases where players got killed because they spent to much time in front of the screen

Today these things doesn’t happens as much and its probably a good thing when people cant control themselfs
I remember the days when you saw the name Blizzard on a game and you knew right at that moment that you were never gonna be disappointed.

u mean WOD?
05/11/2018 10:21Posted by Jalisco
I guess after 12-13 years of loyal gameplay, I am a pretender.

blizzard pissed on their backs

Yes, in my eyes you are.
blame blizzard for ruining what they love.

If they consider it ruined, then they are clearly not fans of it any longer. Like I said, it's the fan with the buts and ifs. "I'm a fan, but the game is ruined". That's not a logical statement. You can't take both positions at the same time. Either you're a fan of the game, or you think the game is ruined. There is no logical place for being a fan who at the same time thinks the game is ruined.
05/11/2018 10:25Posted by Sebarial
I see Jito is here aswell, Jito you are probably someone in WoW that likes WF/TF.....

I don't mind that it exists, but I didn't mind the itemization before it existed either. So ambivalent, I guess?
You can criticize, but the criticism should come from a positive outlook.
I don't know where you've read this but you obviously know very little about psychology or maybe even basic human interaction
Considering the state of the game, it is very reasonable that some people, fans or not, who have been critizicing for longer then today (most of the systems people have grievances with are exagerated versions of smaller versions of these systems that got introduced in earlier notes, LFD tool is a great example), who feel like the opposite of what they want is being offered for the issues they have when a fix is announced are frustrated and wish to speak out that frustration. To say that they're no longer a fan because they let their frustration seeps out is ludicris

That being said, even if this was not the case, you have no authority to call others fans or not, even blizzard does not have that
Just ignore Jito, it keeps bombin any thread it participates with its nonsense. At first, I was amused, now I'm getting incredibly annoyed. Can't even read any form of discussion without having suddenly popping out of nowhere absurd considerations drowned Under a pile of pseudo well phrased English in order to pretend the thought is adequately articulated.

Regarding the op, yeah it's a shame. On top of the quality drop, there is also a creativity drought. This year, we had a remaster of WCIII, from pc to mobile implementation and wow is not developping anything really new, many characters have stagnated for years, others are being handled only according to the marketing instead of being developped to bring out a real story.
Nothing new under the sun.

A shame, really.
Today your fans are disappointed

Ah thanks for telling me how I should feel.