Remove *current* Tier from LFR

General
Hello all,

I would love to know your opinion on removing the option of clearing the *current* raid tier in LFR.
My suggestion would go something like, the first raid tier of an XPAC would only open on LFR after the second tier got released, last raid tier would not be available on LFR or only really late on the xpac lifecycle.

I just think clearing the current big baddy on LFR is really anti-climatic, speacially when you get 2 people AFK, another 2 auto attacking, and a whole bunch running around like headless chicken.

Please discuss.
If they did that, they might as well remove LFR altogether. They could simply make the previous tier queueable through the LFG system. But I don't think this is a viable measure at this point, it might have been if they had implemented it like that in the first place, but now too many people depend on LFR to gain enjoyment out of the game for such a drastic measure to work. Plus, there would be another major downside: the entire casual crowd would practically have nothing to do for months into every new expansion, and that sucks.
Is it still weekend somewhere?
Good idea! Lets remove the ability to pug too as well...

Seriously, they should do the opposite and release normal and heroic raids over time, only difference they would need to do is change how many bosses we deal with at each set.

Because there is scarcely any difference between Pugs and LFR groups. So many pugs are being made where the host simply don't want to lead leaving you with the equivalent of LFR group.
05/11/2018 20:12Posted by Kindler
I just think clearing the current big baddy on LFR is really anti-climatic,

You can do Normal or higher for more excitement.
There is no reason at all to remove current tier from LFR.
so far in battle for azeroth I have raided normal uldir with 2 guilds both of which have to pug to raid usualy around 14 or more pugs despite having twenty plus raid level members online a lot of people are turned off raiding because pugs just don't care or cant be bothered to follow tactics so now I cant be arsed to raid same thing happened in last 2 expacs
I really wonder why some people feel so threatened by LFR
How about we don't remove more stuff? The game is already lacking in things to do apparently. I fail to see how removing more things will some how help that situation.
I just think clearing the current big baddy on LFR is really anti-climatic,

Which happens weeks if not months after normal/heroic/mythic is out any type of player can clear normal/heroic before the last boss LFR come's out so your point is moot .
Hello all,

I would love to know your opinion on removing the option of clearing the *current* raid tier in LFR.
My suggestion would go something like, the first raid tier of an XPAC would only open on LFR after the second tier got released, last raid tier would not be available on LFR or only really late on the xpac lifecycle.

I just think clearing the current big baddy on LFR is really anti-climatic, speacially when you get 2 people AFK, another 2 auto attacking, and a whole bunch running around like headless chicken.

Please discuss.

Shut up.
TLDR; filthy casuals don't deserve to see the story and have inferior loot at the same rate than I, magnificent MM+2 elite, do.

Well suck it up because that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
To be honest we should just remove all Raids that aren't LFR, so the game would finally lose all those incredibly obnoxious people who think people are impressed by raiding "skills" (even though the only "skill" raiders have is more free-time than other players).
If beating the raid boss in LFR is anti-climatic to you then DON'T. Finish it on normal or heroic instead. No-one is forcing you to beat the boss on easy mode, it's not like you need the rewards when it's the same iLevel as Mythic and a lower iLevel than Mythic+.
05/11/2018 21:03Posted by Sanara
To be honest we should just remove all Raids that aren't LFR, so the game would finally lose all those incredibly obnoxious people who think people are impressed by raiding "skills" (even though the only "skill" raiders have is more free-time than other players).

Was this really necessary? The OP is clearly not a raider or if he is he is in a guild that is still clearing normal and thus he wants to push lfr so that he can kill the last boss without doing it on lfr first.

99.9% of raiders do not give a rats bottom whether lfr exists or not, we also do not run around saying how great we are, because why? Nobody cares about that either (as a filthy raider I don't want to hear about how impressive someone is either, it's awkward).

We don't care because it is not for us, the vast majority do not run around screaming for it to be deleted because it genuinely has 0 effect on our game. Why then must you make inflammatory posts about removing stuff that we find fun that has 0 effect on yours?

Sure there are exceptions, but just because some !@#$%^ suggests deleting lfr, is not a reason to go full pitchfork on a set of players that did absolutely nothing to you. You're essentially just doing the same thing as those you're complaining about then.

Edit: Apologies if I seem aggressive, I'm just sick and tired of all this "us VS them" rubbish. Just stop with the whole "its the casual's fault" or "all raiders are elitist pigs". It's not only factually incorrect it's just plain rude.

OT: No, if it bothers you that much just don't do it. If you're doing it on normal already, there shouldn't be anything in there for you anyway, leave it for those who it's meant for (aka not you), it already comes out in stages.
How about no, lets vote instead should OP get a forum ban for trolling or should his "bright" and "original" ideas get accepted. I wonder which of those 2 things would get more votes in the end…..
Normal's usually cleared on the day of release, so why not delay Heroic a week...? Once you've killed a Boss on one, you're locked to both anyway...

The only way it makes sense to have both N & Hc release on the same day is to have separate lockouts for both, but that idea got canned years ago...
06/11/2018 00:40Posted by Eighjan
Normal's usually cleared on the day of release, so why not delay Heroic a week...? Once you've killed a Boss on one, you're locked to both anyway...

The only way it makes sense to have both N & Hc release on the same day is to have separate lockouts for both, but that idea got canned years ago...

You are not locked to both normal and heroic, the shared lockout was lifted years ago. Did both normal and heroic in the first week of antorus, slower progress in uldir but it's definitely possible.
Hmm... must be non-Legacy that don't share a lockout, then.

Oh, well... teach me to comment on content I don't run. :-/