"Everything is about honor when it comes to the Horde."

Argent Dawn
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
07/11/2018 20:15Posted by Elenthas
That's not very honourable of you. A truly honourable person would learn from their mistakes and not forget the past.

Dishonour to you, soldier.

p.s. honour

Uuuuurgh. It is like WoD when #savage was the buzzword of the year.
07/11/2018 20:17Posted by Rangoor
07/11/2018 20:15Posted by Elenthas
That's not very honourable of you. A truly honourable person would learn from their mistakes and not forget the past.

Dishonour to you, soldier.

p.s. honour

Uuuuurgh. It is like WoD when #savage was the buzzword of the year.

yes but at least they were honourably savage

Like the laughing skulls mag'har who make ornaments out of draenei face tentacles. Honourably.
07/11/2018 20:17Posted by Rangoor
#savage

just murdering draenei en masse! #savage #honour #selfiecam
Remember when the Honourable Horde (and Honourable Alliance) were tasked at ashran to harvest body parts of the opposite faction? And that was turned in to an honourable orc for the Honourable Horde's side.

He even honourably suggests he can cook you up some 'Human Bone Broth'.
I swear to god, the word honour is this expansion's sacrifice.
End of 8.4

Tyrande and Nathanos cheer together before the gathered heroes

AZEROTH IS FREEEE
It's almost that time again, time for everyone's favorite game! Take your seats, ladies and gentlemen! It's almost time for WHEEL OF WARCHIEFS!

https://i.imgur.com/YfDWomr.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/293490263572348929/509774611945095169/2d37918e9a1af7449b599007475c8aa4.png
07/11/2018 20:39Posted by Roah
It's almost that time again, time for everyone's favorite game! Take your seats, ladies and gentlemen! It's almost time for WHEEL OF WARCHIEFS!

What a fine selection...I'm starting to understand how Americans felt in 2016.
07/11/2018 20:39Posted by Roah

Excuse me, can you use Lor'themar's new model? His armour has 3D physics. an entire THREE DIMENSIONS of physics.

https://i.gyazo.com/20b0b7a6f497ca17d0489de2d04af1d3.mp4
07/11/2018 20:38Posted by Chíeun
End of 8.4

Tyrande and Nathanos cheer together before the gathered heroes

AZEROTH IS FREEEE

Don't....
Ring me when this story has come to an end and the state of the Horde has reset to 6.0 again. Then hopefully I'll be able to enjoy one expansion with Saurfang as Warchief, another expansion with a shadier Warchief that takes Saurfang's place when he dies and then another break from WoW when that shady Warchief turns the Horde into a dishonourable war crimes machine again.

Can't believe there's some people who claim that the Alliance should have a story that's as dynamic and diverse as the Horde's.

07/11/2018 18:40Posted by Moburon
How do you feel about Blizzard doubling-down on the concept of "honor"? Do you agree that the opposite of honorable is evil? How will forsaken roleplayers (and other "evil" indivuals) justify their characters being in a faction who solely revolves around honor?

As for this quote, Forsaken aren't mindless automatons controlled by Sylvanas. There are types of Forsaken character that aren't out of place in the Horde. Perhaps they do not devote themselves to honour in the same degree as the tribal races, but they're hardly all heartlessly pragmatic to the point of cruelty. That might describe Sylvanas and her regime, but not the entirety of the race.
I literally ditched my long years of Orc RP and Mag'har hype because of "muh honor."

I'd rather keep flaying those heads and getting a nice handful of skull decorations on me belt thank you.

Edit: Sure as a Troll one must consider the general 'idea' of the "Horde's ""honor"", but in RP every other word won't be it.
Do we even know what the definition of the word honor is within the Horde? Or is it just thrown around constantly like a buzz-word in a marketing campaign that is supposed to be mean different things are different times?

Because the concept of honor is quite abstract in its essence and it varies greatly on both an individual and cultural level between people / nations / tribes. Many different cultures over many different time periods on our world have lived by such a concept, but it varies greatly depending on which place you look at.

And the only Horde cultures that I can imagine having honor as a corner-stone to them are some of the Orcish clans, Tauren and some sub-sects of the different races. Not as a whole, which puzzles me more and more when it keeps getting mentioned so much as though we are supposed to 'get' it.
07/11/2018 22:01Posted by Garathil
Or is it just thrown around constantly like a buzz-word in a marketing campaign that is supposed to be mean different things are different times?

It's this one.
"Honor" is a thing you accuse the warchief of not having when you decide you want a new Warchief

At least that's the impression WoW has given me
This thread needs more honourable mentions of honour tbh.
To honor!
To being on her!
To staying on her!
And if you can't finish in her,
Finish on her!

/shindig
07/11/2018 22:01Posted by Garathil
Do we even know what the definition of the word honor is within the Horde?

It means kill burn and pillage in Orcish.

I mean, Saurfang doesn't feel bad about sacking Stormwind in the First War. Or slaughtering Draenei even before that.

But undead lady using weapons of mass destruction that apparently work? Hold your wyverns there partner, why can't we cleave enemy soldiers and civilians with an axe like the good old days?
07/11/2018 22:31Posted by Renothar
I mean, Saurfang doesn't feel bad about sacking Stormwind in the First War. Or slaughtering Draenei even before that.

Actually doesn't he feel awful about that?

See his Conquest Hold conversation with Garrosh.