Why can so many DPS

General
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
08/11/2018 21:29Posted by Kaelgar

Basic UI does not highlight dispellable debuffs. I am using ElvUi tho, and when I am not in healing spec the debuffs are not displayed.

In the default ui you mark the option "display only dispellable debuffs" and a mni icon of the debuff appears on the raid frames (i lol every time i see someone playing with regular party frames)
resto shaman can dispell both magic and curses, enha/ele only curses, maybe that's why you don't see them, most debuffs are just magic
Id like for interrupts to just give a small incentive to actually use them like the DH one does, getting resource for using it successfully is great because it incentivixes players to use them even if they usually do not care, (Yes those players suck and I am generally not inf avor of holding their hands but this is a very simple thing).
People that interrupt always overlap their interrupts on the first interruptible ability they see, and after that you're left with people that want to interrupt but can't, and people that can interrupt, but won't.
What iz this interrupzt? Me gud. Me do gud deeps. Me ok. Yez?
09/11/2018 00:24Posted by Revash
What iz this interrupzt? Me gud. Me do gud deeps. Me ok. Yez?
Mages are a prime example of a CC/interrupt Class - all joking aside, a Mage doesn't have a great foundation for not using Interrupting.
Personally, after playing a tank class, I now spam all the interrupts I have on a rotation that almost always has 1 up for emergency.
I guess you don't get the importance of interrupting until you get killed several times because of interruptable spells, but that usually won't happen to dps (and if it does, it's tank's fault ofc)
Because there is only one cursor and they can't click their damage button and the interrupt button at the same time.
Maybe if the tank didn't run so far ahead melee could interrupt
In my experience when I cast my interupt by the time I've cast it either the spell has already finished being casted or someone else has interupted already now I've gotta wait for my CD
08/11/2018 20:20Posted by Pixelbear
cause interrupts don't deal any damage

This. myself im lazy to interrupt sometimes to avoid the rotation to stop. In a game where DPS level is all you cant blame (ok you can) if ppl doesnt want to interrupt cc usw...
08/11/2018 20:16Posted by Mindbox
Not press their interrupt buttons?

Not long ago I signed up for SotS HM on my tank DH and we kept wiping so much because of this... I was literally the only one doing interrupts and we had both a war, and a rogue who could also CC extensively, but they didn't.

At some point I asked them why they didn't do it, and the war said "I thought we could not interrupt their spells?".

I think some people can't make the difference between spells you can and cannot interrupt. For others it's simply that DDs would focus primary target to kill it as fast as possible and forget to keep an eye on what secondary targets cast.

I am not sure if basic UI tells you how many people are focusing current target, and I don't know how much basic UI is to blame in all of that, but that's what I observed so far.
If a DPS is not doing something you need, why not just calmly ask them to do so?

As I've been relearning the game and the modern version of DK, I had been focusing on trying to do respectable damage and avoid dying. I had a tank start going on about how come the healer had more interrupts and he then when on about how the DK was doing something wrong. So rather than talk to me, he's trying to shame me?

Anyway, I just asked him, what did he need me to do with the interrupts and if there was anything else I could/needed to do, to make the boss fight a success. Once I understood what was needed we downed the boss. But I could have just as easily left the dungeon due to the Tank being an !@#.

I often think that if people would just talk to the person who is not doing an action that is vital to the fight, that things would go smoothly and much quicker. It seems far too common that people totally blow a fuse and have a temper tantrum at the person, who then will not want to deal with the abuse and leave you high and dry just before a Boss fight.

Since I had someone point out about using mind freeze to interrupt casters ect, I've made sure to always have the skill ready to inflect the most time delay on the Bosses next skill.
09/11/2018 12:48Posted by Felìx
If a DPS is not doing something you need, why not just calmly ask them to do so?

Because nobody wants to play with anyone who has to be told to use his interrupt.

With all due respect, if kicking is something you have to be reminded of there is a really good chance that this is not the only problem with your gameplay.

It's okay to be a newbie but not interrupting or not even trying to is just pure lazyness and has absolutely nothing to do with someone being new to the game.
09/11/2018 12:48Posted by Bagerah

Not long ago I signed up for SotS HM on my tank DH and we kept wiping so much because of this... I was literally the only one doing interrupts and we had both a war, and a rogue who could also CC extensively, but they didn't.

At some point I asked them why they didn't do it, and the war said "I thought we could not interrupt their spells?".

I think some people can't make the difference between spells you can and cannot interrupt. For others it's simply that DDs would focus primary target to kill it as fast as possible and forget to keep an eye on what secondary targets cast.

I am not sure if basic UI tells you how many people are focusing current target, and I don't know how much basic UI is to blame in all of that, but that's what I observed so far.

i've never heard the kidney shot sound -unless i'm playing a rogue- on m+, they'd rather stop stop doing damage to run away (example: blade barrage on freehold) or take the damage and risk dieing, instead of you know, spec one of the two available talents that makes your kidney do extra damage and use it!
insanity
09/11/2018 13:02Posted by Juliuscesar
09/11/2018 12:48Posted by Felìx

Because nobody wants to play with anyone who has to be told to use his interrupt.

With all due respect, if kicking is something you have to be reminded of there is a really good chance that this is not the only problem with your gameplay.

It's okay to be a newbie but not interrupting or not even trying to is just pure lazyness and has absolutely nothing to do with someone being new to the game.

Yet theres no ingame guide while levelling to teach new players that interrupting/hard cc can and should be used. Im new as of one month before bfa was released. I levelled this character 1-120 and nowhere that I can remember was there even a slight hint at 'this is an interrupt. It can be used for x y and z. You can also interrupt enemies with hard cc such as *insert class specific hard cc here*'. I never had to use an interrupt until I was already at 120 and started running dungeons to gear up.

Isn't that what should be happening while levelling? Ohh new shiny skill/talent unlocked. If used for a certain reason (i.e. misdirect/intimidation/range interrupt for a hunter) go to X npc who will run you though a quick tutorial on interrupts and hard CC. Not just 'look at the tooltip and read up on it from external sites'

Also as others have mentioned. Overlapping interrupts and the basic UI not differenciating between un interruptable abilities and interruptable ones doesnt help.
09/11/2018 13:13Posted by Orkantfany

Also as others have mentioned. Overlapping interrupts and the basic UI not differenciating between un interruptable abilities and interruptable ones doesnt help.

where do you people get this info? omg
uninterruptable abilities ARE GREY on the default ui
there's even a loading screen tip about it, spells with a shield or something
09/11/2018 13:16Posted by Elcowerino

Ok that's my bad there then. I use an addon (reccommended from the off by a friend whose played for a while) that differentiates with different colours and such.

Loading screen tooltip that's there for all of a few seconds,if that,over an actual in game tutorial (an optional one for ppl levelling alts) that goes over the intricacies of the mechanic? You forget that NEW players arent just going to instantly know everything about wow combat.
I whispered a player once and asked him nicely to help the rest of us kick spells as he had 0 interrupts.

He asked me what is ‘kick’

I said ‘I mean interrupt’

He replied ‘but I didn’t pull’

FML

As a demonology warlock I’m afraid my class is too !@#$ for this game.
09/11/2018 13:16Posted by Elcowerino

Actually, I do interrupt them too if the target can be stunned or blinded or whatever. But yea, I won't waste my kick on those.