Why can so many DPS

General
09/11/2018 13:27Posted by Orkantfany

Loading screen tooltip that's there for all of a few seconds,if that,over an actual in game tutorial (an optional one for ppl levelling alts) that goes over the intricacies of the mechanic? You forget that NEW players arent just going to instantly know everything about wow combat.

not sure about the color, maybe it's gold, but it definitely highlights the uninterruptible ones...
the game lacks info in general, i remember when i bought classic it had a game manual with it :P
they should have made a "library" full of librarian npcs that provide info on everything
they should have made and maintained their own official wiki...instead of forcing players digging on the forums and external sites....but but
Because everyone has a go go go attitude to levelling and running dungeons.
Players don't get punished enough for not learning their class properly.

Everyone just picks a race and goes mog it up and then stands around waiting for a random group so they can go 3 button there way to 120. That's great for getting to 120 but it'll teach you jack all about the lesser known abilities and tactics that a class can deploy.

How often do you see non tanks tanking? Or healers going dps? Or dps dying because theyve not dropped aggro?

Players don't get to learn their class properly because everything around them just pushes the idea that anything worth doing starts at 120. Plus scalling. OMG the worst thing ever. Scalling just negates any reason to learn your class abilities. Heirlooms stop you dying and scalling just makes the journey a mind numbing repetition of 3 buttons.

The whole process is messed up. I think because the game is torn between it's heritage and it's future.

Blizzard need to make a decision and stop trying to please both camps. Personally I'd say let go of the past, allow Warcraft to evolve into a modern game. Classic can fill the space it's leaves.
08/11/2018 20:27Posted by Moonflow
I always interrupt when I can but sometimes you don't know what to prioritize and there's really no way to tell except from prior experience
For example enemy casts spell
I interrupt
Enemy casts an even more powerful spell
Well !@#$ I just used my interrupt

yep, that's me XD pull a group of mobs (avenger shield) and two seconds later my DBM shout: Interrupt spell!!!! and I'm like... -.-'
Because they expect others to press there’s so they’re worried they may use it at the same time and it being able to use it again.
09/11/2018 13:02Posted by Juliuscesar
09/11/2018 12:48Posted by Felìx
If a DPS is not doing something you need, why not just calmly ask them to do so?

Because nobody wants to play with anyone who has to be told to use his interrupt.

With all due respect, if kicking is something you have to be reminded of there is a really good chance that this is not the only problem with your gameplay.

It's okay to be a newbie but not interrupting or not even trying to is just pure lazyness and has absolutely nothing to do with someone being new to the game.

I was totally at fault for not remembering that I needed to use the skill correctly. It had been 7-8 years since I last did any dungeons at that point, so I was still trying to find my feet with how different everything felt from what I could remember. This was in a normal dungeon, so at least I was making sure I under stood things properly before going onto the harder content.

To me, I find that if you try and talk to someone normally when there is an issue, it's more likely to get sorted out. I am meaning in the normal dungeons, as they are there to teach you the basic skills needed for the harder versions.

When you get players who just constantly rant about others while doing the dungeon, but not trying to at least let them know what they are doing, it's just making a bad situation worse don't you think?
Why can so many HEALERS not use their dispel button?
Reasons I can think of are:

- You are not 'directly' getting rewarded by using your interrupts, unless you are a Demon Hunter (RIP Rude Interruption for Warriors etc.), so people don't see a point in using it.

- Uninterrupted spells and debuffs that aren't dispelled usually don't punish you severely, until we are way further down the line --> People aren't learning the importance of it.

- Laziness

- "Muh dps"
because you barely ever need it. You especially dont need it while leveling up, so new players never develop a muscle memory for it.

Not their fault, but a crappy game not giving them a reason to learn it until it is much much MUCH too late

11/11/2018 02:50Posted by Aljan

Same reason
11/11/2018 05:02Posted by Varileztra
because you barely ever need it. You especially dont need it while leveling up, so new players never develop a muscle memory for it.

Not their fault, but a crappy game not giving them a reason to learn it until it is much much MUCH too late

Same reason

I don’t know, but I use interrupts when levelling all the time. I will say that it is Blizz’s fault for not really making it abundantly clear.

Should be a quest or something for you to use it otherwise you fail. As for healers not dispelling? That’s sad.
11/11/2018 06:10Posted by Richysimmons
I don’t know, but I use interrupts when levelling all the time. I will say that it is Blizz’s fault for not really making it abundantly clear.

aka: you don't need it / have no reason to use it
There are no repercussions for you not using your interrupt until you hit higher m+ keys / heroic raid level.
And that's too late, by then you can't just reprogram someone to start using the interrupt, because they just don't have it on their radar. They will slowly start using it...hopefully, if they get punished for not doing it often enough
Why so many healer have no idea how to heal Brewmaster?
11/11/2018 07:29Posted by Plamcia
Why so many healer have no idea how to heal Brewmaster?

because nobody plays a brewmaster and their mechanic is 100% counter intuitive to every healer.
It's another side of coin people often interrupt my target though I have short cd kick, why thy do that dunno, I feel retarded every time they interrupt it with me and we both lose cd.

Because they're DPS in disguise :D .

But seriously, if people spend their GCDs on these abilities they're wasting MY time.
If I see kidney shots, hammers or f00king shockwave then it's time for a vote kick.

L2DPS.
08/11/2018 21:02Posted by Renae
Actually; it's not always so much that they don't, it's that they don't make a rotation between themselves and when the next ability needs to be interrupted, everyone's interrupt is on cooldown, very annoying, yes.

Then you look at interrupts done for entire dungeon and see that each DPS has kicked maybe once or twice
11/11/2018 09:27Posted by Betty
Then you look at interrupts done for entire dungeon and see that each DPS has kicked maybe once or twice

I run dungeons with friends, and we've had a few situations where all 3 of us that are DPS has interrupted at the same time. And with the really long CD on interrupts (Warlocks pet is 25 seconds, mages is 30 seconds, melee's have it so much easier) it's not back up by the time the spell is being cast again.

But, I've also had situations where people don't know that things need interrupting, and all it took was for us to explain before mobs, like spiritualists in SoTS, what to interrupt and say "This person first, you next, then this person if needed" and things go really smooth.

Communication is one of the biggest tools we have in this game, using it doesn't hurt us, but help us. Maybe it should become more of a thing.
08/11/2018 20:16Posted by Mindbox
Not press their interrupt buttons?

Because a long time ago someone developed damage meters and suddenly dps did not want to "waste" a GCD on an interrupt or crowd control because that would mean their epeen wasn't stroked so much with how they are on a leaderboard.

The design of dungeons and raids after that was built around dps races and aoe fests. They tried bringing cc and instance difficulty back in Cataclysm Heroic dungeons when they first released but the whiners soon put a stop to that.

They introduced M+ difficulties for those that like a challenge but unless you want to go with friends or guildies you are in for a cesspool of toxicity that Nergle would be proud of.
You are not trained from a low level to interrupt enemy spellcasts, you can make it easily to max level and beyond without ever interrupting a spell.

Effectively you’re basically trained that interrupt buttons are “useless moves which deal no damage”.

If they made a use for all these abilities while levelling it would train new players much better.
11/11/2018 12:39Posted by Hiyetha

If they made a use for all these abilities while levelling it would train new players much better.

This ^^^

That is the 'question' healers always get when they are already using it on cooldown, or... because the shaman can not dispell that stun in underrot, or the diseases at mushroom-boss at all.

You know in Bfa there are multiple spots where actually 2 (or more) players are targetted with something that needs dispelling?