Why can so many DPS

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
08/11/2018 20:27Posted by Moonflow

Enemy casts an even more powerful spell
Well !@#$ I just used my interrupt

This the point where another party member should use theirs.
The main problem is people pass their learning curve without doing their learning curve. Game should stop rewarding free gear by doing world quests/ warfronts and titanforging. The ones should do heroic dungeon now ques for m+5 because they overgeared it by 40 ilvl without doing it and they don't want to go back there just to learn the dungeon.
09/11/2018 14:30Posted by Dappysham
Because they expect others to press there’s so they’re worried they may use it at the same time and it being able to use it again.

Which is why if your making a premade never bring a player who refuses to use voice. It avoids all that "who should do it" nonsense.
i know right just had some 3s games with priest and rogue
me and healer interrupt the enemy healer but rogue doesnt stunlock what kind of a botplay is this
Don't forget a lot of stuff has been pruned.

Many classes only have one viable way to interrupt and for lots of us it's on a long CD so unless you're super co-ordinated it only takes a couple of people to overlap their interrupts and there's a problem

Of course this point gets missed by the people who don't have to do any interrupting and just sit at the back and shout 'InTErrUPT HERR DERR'
11/11/2018 13:11Posted by Menar
Many classes only have one viable way to interrupt and for lots of us it's on a long CD so unless you're super co-ordinated it only takes a couple of people to overlap their interrupts and there's a problem

[/quote]

Actually, many ppl don´t realize that they have more than just one ability to interrupt...
Besides your "official" interrupt you may also have a stun and/or a cc that gives you more options to interrupt. As a hunter for example you have intimidation and freezing trap which you can use to interrupt. Even if the trap (or any other CC) immediately breaks, it will still interrupt a cast.
Also there are abilities that can´t be interrupted with a normal interrupt, but can be interrupted with a stun.

Oh and as a Pally Tank you have more than just Avenger´s shield to interrupt..there is Rebuke too and Hammer of Justice...with your AS procs you don´t have any excuse for not interrupting at all.

And if you´re too lazy to interrupt anything because of "but muh deeps" then don´t blame the healer or tank for wiping.
My favourite experience this week was when a rogue started complaining in the Motherlode that nobody was stunning the machinists. Lol

I'm fine with people who at least try but if you're a dps lemming who ends up with 0 interrupts by the end of the dungeon and the only interrupts are done by the restoration shaman then kindly uninstall the game.
I've found that sometimes multiple dps try and interrupt the same boss/mob. Meaning that they also have to wait for their cooldown to end before trying to interrupt again, its not always as simple as them simply not interrupting.
12/11/2018 10:46Posted by Sharandra

Oh and as a Pally Tank you have more than just Avenger´s shield to interrupt..there is Rebuke too and Hammer of Justice...

... binding lights or repentance if you choose them...
4 interrupts XD yep yep and dispels, off heals, blessings...
and yeah AS proc... instance with me you don't have to kick... just to kill!!!
11/11/2018 12:49Posted by Tsjoh
11/11/2018 02:50Posted by Aljan
Why can so many HEALERS not use their dispel button?

That is the 'question' healers always get when they are already using it on cooldown, or... because the shaman can not dispell that stun in underrot, or the diseases at mushroom-boss at all.

You know in Bfa there are multiple spots where actually 2 (or more) players are targetted with something that needs dispelling?

This! There have been many times where I’ve had to prioritise someone’s dispel over the others. Intense incoming AoE is another reason, which is why I don’t get why Blizz can’t take it off the GCD.

12/11/2018 15:26Posted by Wingh
I've found that sometimes multiple dps try and interrupt the same boss/mob. Meaning that they also have to wait for their cooldown to end before trying to interrupt again, its not always as simple as them simply not interrupting.

That’s why I’m happy when a tank asks about interrupting order beforehand, like my first M+ in AD. It made that run smooooooth. Also why voice comms is kind of a thing when it comes to high keys, unfortunately.
The thing I hate just as much as no interrupts is seeing people who interrupt as soon as they see a cast.

If something is casting, they are not doing damage - exception being channelled spells.
Interrupt the cast and the auto attacks continue.

Over the course of a dungeon or raid encounter that 2 second delay on your interrupt adds up to a lot of damage avoided.

The other thing that always makes me laugh is when a ranged calls first interrupt. I appreciate your keen but go second, that way mine is off CD for third.
Interupting doesn't even do anything. It doesn't affect the outcome of gameplay at all. Especially in PvE. No NPCs can fake cast so just silence. Maybe if interupt did some damage it would be viable to use.
12/11/2018 21:47Posted by Jirion
Interupting doesn't even do anything. It doesn't affect the outcome of gameplay at all. Especially in PvE. No NPCs can fake cast so just silence. Maybe if interupt did some damage it would be viable to use.

Ye not interrupted spells just kill you. No big deal.
Every time I'm leveling a new character I always do a run of Wailing Caverns where either I'm the only one interrupting or no one is.

I've seen those Druids of the Fang get off ludicrous amounts of healing
When you are running a higher m+ instance and you are doing kind of well but still now and then someone dies or a unexpected wipe appears where healer is on fire with 20k hps and nothing seems wrong switch your detials! chart to interrupts/overall and there you find the answers.
11/11/2018 02:50Posted by Aljan
Why can so many HEALERS not use their dispel button?

Because it has a cd and only can dispell one person at a time.

How about you do your thing on Sporecaller Zancha so u don't have to die by having 10000000000k stacks of that crap?
08/11/2018 20:20Posted by Mindbox
To add to it; Why do so many tanks who can dispel diseases not know how to dispel diseases? They just stand there "WHAT HAPPEN???" when you wipe in Underrot because you got the stun disease on you and they don't dispel you so you can heal.

Well, first of all, from 6 tank specs: only 2 (monk and paladin) can dispel disease; 3 can dispel poison (druid, monk and paladin); only druid can dispel curses. Secondly, dispel is on GCD, so tank would rather spend it on AM/selfheal.
08/11/2018 20:16Posted by Mindbox
Not press their interrupt buttons?

I have a weak aura that shows when people interrupt and their cooldown for when it's next up. This is the most common cause for lack of interrupts. Everyone using theirs on the first thing that needs interrupting then everyone having varying c/ds for the next.
08/11/2018 21:29Posted by Kaelgar
Whole game we're fighting mobs that does not teach us that not interrupting that Pyroblast will hurt us. We just don't care, and then we're allowed to go to dungeons.

Why should we use something we were never taught to use before? Hell I know some people that don't even have it binded!
And that's on Blizzard fault to the degree since learning curve doesn't really exist.
The other side is people being bad or just not caring. That's human nature

THIS!!!!!

People don't use their interrupts cause they see no reason to. They were neither taught, nor have seen the necessity to do so. They have to specifically been told to do so by either a program or a player. The game (the level grind) has just been dumbed down to the point that casual players have literelly 0 game knowledge. They don't know what spells do, if it is worth using a cd or not, and instead just use them on a whim.

This affects us a bit more dedicated players as we expect from others what we see as very basic mechanics. I mean I interrupt without a second thought. I honestly don't even think about it, it is part of the rotation, both pvp and pve.

See a lot of you mentioning the underrot alot, but what about uldir? The fact that alot of people there don't use their interrupts is bizarre, hell alot of the players in pug groups don't even know that classes beyond priests have mass dispell. That is where the real problem is, and why no serious player wants to play with randoms
Because interrupts like hunter traps need communication?