Sylvanas was always evil

General
Well imagine my shock.
https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/40586-alex-afrasiabis-eurogamer-interview-on-sylvanas-fate/?fbclid=IwAR1svJROJCzRnbmWy3AC6uXGQBbxdR4dZ4IKKE4GXo78VX6sJDEaKyixkS8

Seriously though, she has never had any issues killing her own to meet her goals.
Is there any reason to like her beyond "evil is fun" or "pretty elf"?
Even Garrosh showed he had a sense of honour.
But honour means nothing to a corpse.

I am eyeing that bow of your Sylvanas.
I shall keep it for myself when I take your head for the Horde!
Shut up! I'm... I'm... I'm a Lightforged Undead, yeah! Do you don't see the holy light in my eyes?
12/11/2018 10:29Posted by Faolanhart
Is there any reason to like her beyond "evil is fun" or "pretty elf"?

In a video game those can be valid reasons.
Some people just want to see the fictional world burn :P

I think it's fine though. I'm not one for predicting the future.....but.....I wouldn't be surprised if Sylvanas was being set up to further a major story arc that goes a bit beyond red vs. blue.
But we'll see :)
Sincerely i dont care about she's evil or not. But the SPOILER video fro the next 8.1. let me a bitter taste. Very sad.
I'll give her this. The story she is causing is pretty entertaining.
It's always been fun to hate on her but now we have some pretty strong reasons.
12/11/2018 10:31Posted by Herringtøn
Shut up! I'm... I'm... I'm a Lightforged Undead, yeah! Do you don't see the holy light in my eyes?

& what pretty eyes they are lol.
12/11/2018 10:37Posted by Tèsla
Sincerely i dont care about she's evil or not. But the SPOILER video fro the next 8.1. let me a bitter taste. Very sad.

Yeah the voice acting was fantastic. All I can say is, hell its about time.
You ever watched the Roger Rabbit film.... Jessica is not bad. She was just drawn that way.

I suggest you read the full history of the woman (Sylvanas) and also do the chain quest up to her death at the wall. It is a moving story that is bigger than any other character in this game. She has a single minded determination that is not matched by any character in the game. Her fan base stretches way beyond even the Warcraft forums. What ever happens she will live on eternally.

Back to that Jessica Rabbit thing, Remember it is the story writers that colour the fantasy. You could question their motives. Sylvanas has sadly been targeted for this expansion and the story is being coloured as such. I am nervous of what they will do to her, and continue to do to her, for the sake of this expansion. I am hoping they will treat her with the dignity she deserves. The writers are also bringing into question the honour of the other races and that also is troubling.

My view is that the whole BfA thing has been an utter shambles. They could have dealt with faction conflict a lot better. Let the players do the battling not the writers. Expansions should be just that... Expansions. Sylvanas is a great leader of her people and quite unique to Undercity. She was best left in that role. To elevate her as they did was.. well... bonkers. And they didn't ( story writers ) know how to deal with it. And now all the Horde are looking weak and silly.

The Horde are currently being shown as winning and the Alliance as losing. Typical good guy bad guy. To balance matters they are now using stereotypical story plots to show an inner uprising which goes all the way back in history to Roman times [ yawn ]. Stabbing folk in the back. It is not clever or original. So I expect only one end to this charade. And I will likely lose the most iconic character in this game.

Good thing is she will still be there from 1 to 110. I have already suffered the ' slings and arrows' of Cata and now the nonsense that is BfA. I just work my way around leaving those expansions alone.

So what is next for Warcraft... Has to be Classic and the upcoming expansion the return of Arthas who didn't die but was frozen in Northrend who will be defeated none other than another undead .... His sister. The plot thickens. Especially as you appreciate that the only person to have taken pot shots at both and already killed the latter is Sylvanas. She is epic and love her to death. What a woman.
12/11/2018 11:19Posted by Clarveiga
You ever watched the Roger Rabbit film.... Jessica is not bad. She was just drawn that way.

I suggest you read the full history of the woman (Sylvanas) and also do the chain quest up to her death at the wall. It is a moving story that is bigger than any other character in this game. She has a single minded determination that is not matched by any character in the game. Her fan base stretches way beyond even the Warcraft forums. What ever happens she will live on eternally.

Back to that Jessica Rabbit thing, Remember it is the story writers that colour the fantasy. You could question their motives. Sylvanas has sadly been targeted for this expansion and the story is being coloured as such. I am nervous of what they will do to her, and continue to do to her, for the sake of this expansion. I am hoping they will treat her with the dignity she deserves. The writers are also bringing into question the honour of the other races and that also is troubling.

My view is that the whole BfA thing has been an utter shambles. They could have dealt with faction conflict a lot better. Let the players do the battling not the writers. Expansions should be just that... Expansions. Sylvanas is a great leader of her people and quite unique to Undercity. She was best left in that role. To elevate her as they did was.. well... bonkers. And they didn't ( story writers ) know how to deal with it. And now all the Horde are looking weak and silly.

The Horde are currently being shown as winning and the Alliance as losing. Typical good guy bad guy. To balance matters they are now using stereotypical story plots to show an inner uprising which goes all the way back in history to Roman times [ yawn ]. Stabbing folk in the back. It is not clever or original. So I expect only one end to this charade. And I will likely lose the most iconic character in this game.

Good thing is she will still be there from 1 to 110. I have already suffered the ' slings and arrows' of Cata and now the nonsense that is BfA. I just work my way around leaving those expansions alone.

So what is next for Warcraft... Has to be Classic and the upcoming expansion the return of Arthas who didn't die but was frozen in Northrend who will be defeated none other than another undead .... His sister. The plot thickens. Especially as you appreciate that the only person to have taken pot shots at both and already killed the latter is Sylvanas. She is epic and love her to death. What a woman.

I've never liked her. She always rubbed me the wrong way.
I understand the motive of avoiding death since she does not want to go back to whatever hell she experienced.
But it comes to a point where you have to ask, is one person's existence truly more important than that of thousands of others?
We're all the heroes of our own story. She may not see herself as evil.
But I can't see anything else.
I mean sure she's a badass. But so was Arthas. Doesn't mean I'll be happy being part of his or her scourge.
Teldrassil was the last straw for me. That was the moment I went from really not liking her to hoping I get to kill her.

Garrosh I get. He was a war hero placed in the role of a politician.
So of course he lead it like an army.
The guy Thrall told him to turn to should things go wrong threatened to kill him.
He was backed into a corner, lashed out & eventually lost his mind.
Sylvanas is someone who will do anything & everything she can to prolong her existence. She would wipe out all life on Azeroth if she knew it would grant her that. She's a comic book villain.
Haven't been able to feel any sympathy for her whatsoever since Warcraft 3.
She's just done too much wrong.

Garrosh I get. He was a war hero placed in the role of a politician.
So of course he lead it like an army.
The guy Thrall told him to turn to should things go wrong threatened to kill him.
He was backed into a corner, lashed out & eventually lost his mind.
Sylvanas is someone who will do anything & everything she can to prolong her existence. She would wipe out all life on Azeroth if she knew it would grant her that. She's a comic book villain.
Haven't been able to feel any sympathy for her whatsoever since Warcraft 3.
She's just done too much wrong.

Well said. Now go and explain this to her fanclub. I mean I dont mind her and nothing personal againts ppl who likes her. She is great character, or atleast story behind her.

But as faction leader and the way she leads she must go.
I also think there will be more plot with her as some hints already stated.

But the War itself and harm she already did is no good for any1, not even for the Horde. I believe that War is not in Horde interest at all.