Allow us to change gear mid run in M+

General
Hellow us,

I'll get straight to the point : title.
Sorry Blizzard, but as much as I try hard to keep patient with your stupid resolves, there are some I just cannot get along with. This one is among them... what f'cking sense does it make to prevent us from swapping gear in the middle of a M+ run ? It used to be perfect in Legion, swap sets according to st/mt/some bosses, even necessary because of leggos. Well you know what ? It hasn't changed since azerite gear work the same.

I understand it's to keep people from putting their best gear just to get a decent ilvl and tag on queue, so at least MAKE US ABLE TO CHANGE AZERITE GEAR !

That's all I got to say.
Thanks.
It's a pain in the !@#$. The only way round it is to run out but it's a huge loss of time.
14/11/2018 14:53Posted by Henoriel
I understand it's to keep people from putting their best gear just to get a decent ilvl and tag on queue, so at least MAKE US ABLE TO CHANGE AZERITE GEAR !

That's not the reason as in the queue your highest bag ilvl gets shown anyway.

It's because it adds a level of depth to preparing for a dungeon while removing the feel of being forced to switch between different sets MID RUN.

Now, you have to think about your gear/composition before you start the key.
You can't just all run around in your AoE gear and swap to you ST gear at every boss, no matter what the affixes are.
You might need one DD that deals good AoE dmg and another DD that has great ST damage.
Or you need all your DDs to deal ST damage and you accept that trash is gonna take a little longer.
You have to think about stuff like "Will we have big pulls in that dungeon?", "Will the bosses be the challenge, cause its tyranical or will we still have problems with trash?" instead of "Hmm, we will fight a boss next, let me switch to my ST set, afterwards i will switch to my AoE set again till we fight the next boss".
14/11/2018 15:07Posted by Mojomane
14/11/2018 14:53Posted by Henoriel

That's not the reason as in the queue your highest bag ilvl gets shown anyway.

It's because it adds a level of depth to preparing for a dungeon while removing the feel of being forced to switch between different sets MID RUN.

Now, you have to think about your gear/composition before you start the key.
You can't just all run around in your AoE gear and swap to you ST gear at every boss, no matter what the affixes are.
You might need one DD that deals good AoE dmg and another DD that has great ST damage.
Or you need all your DDs to deal ST damage and you accept that trash is gonna take a little longer.
You have to think about stuff like "Will we have big pulls in that dungeon?", "Will the bosses be the challenge, cause its tyranical or will we still have problems with trash?" instead of "Hmm, we will fight a boss next, let me switch to my ST set, afterwards i will switch to my AoE set again till we fight the next boss".

Man just don't make it harder than necessary, you don't need to be a Ph.D to know how to swap gears in M+ according to the situation and your post is so unclear and confusing I can't even tell whether you are supporting the idea or standing against it. If I just reduce the whole thing to 2 sets of pure single and multi target I will fall underperformant in each situation depending on what I pick up, and that SUCKS.
Talents, I can understand. Gear ? No. Just no...

14/11/2018 14:58Posted by Punyelf
It's a pain in the !@#$.

This, and perhaps nothing else needs to be said...
14/11/2018 15:07Posted by Mojomane

[/quote]

It adds zero depth. Depth comes from exercising choices during the dungeon. Doing it all before the dungeon just makes you take a jack of all trades build. It rewards mediocrity.