Water striders are ugly and I am sick of seeing them!

General
SO any chance you can just make all mounts have this effect IF we have already got the water strider and IF we are in a no fly zone.

Just to actually make the other 99% of mounts have the same usefulness and so we dont just see Water Striders 90% of the time in no fly zones.

If nothing else, it would be more interesting and give more of a chance to see cool mounts you do not have yet.

I mean locking such useful utility behind one mount in a game that has hundreds of cool mounts is really really silly.
Good idea! Lets make everything in the game exactly same and capable of doing everything!
Blizzard wanted to do that for Legion. Just disable the effect entirely. And they did.

Then the community threw a hissy-fit and they had to revert the change.

So now we still see Water Striders all over, because that's how people like it.
17/10/2018 18:06Posted by Mazel
Good idea! Lets make everything in the game exactly same and capable of doing everything!

I mean, every !@#$ing horse, moose, tiger and mount that should not be able to fly can fly so why not make everything able to walk on water too?
If they remove my water strider they better give men a surfboard.
i like em -.-
Well in that case add a bit of variety so its not just waterstriders that can do it.

Its boring as hell having a couple of hundred mounts and having ONE supremely useful one pre-flying.
Water striders are a perfect utility mount that is far less of an eyesore than Sky Golems. The striders will completely disappear when flying becomes available in BFA.
17/10/2018 18:06Posted by Mazel

Nice, cos that's exactly what I said isn't it.

Great addition to the conversation, thank you for coming with your insight and well thought out opinion that is not at all a bad attempt at a Strawman argument.
17/10/2018 18:10Posted by Kaisena
If they remove my water strider they better give men a surfboard.

Cant complain about a free surfboard.
17/10/2018 18:03Posted by Quinnthalas
SO any chance you can just make all mounts have this effect IF we have already got the water strider and IF we are in a no fly zone.

Just to actually make the other 99% of mounts have the same usefulness and so we dont just see Water Striders 90% of the time in no fly zones.

If nothing else, it would be more interesting and give more of a chance to see cool mounts you do not have yet.

I mean locking such useful utility behind one mount in a game that has hundreds of cool mounts is really really silly.
You mean basicly like a.... transmog for mounts?
Use the waterstrider if you want to cross water, use another mount for the rest of the time.
Problem solved. :)
Why not just make more of them but different types of creatures?

Just give more factions mounts that have some form of usefulness in the world.
You would still need to grind for it but there would be more options overall.
That's strange. I see people using mostly Sky Golems.
[quote="176234767995"]Water striders are a perfect utility mount that is far less of an eyesore than Sky Golems. The striders will completely disappear when flying becomes available in BFA.[/quote

Or if a dungeon like eye of azshara is available <.<
17/10/2018 18:18Posted by Poly
Use the waterstrider if you want to cross water, use another mount for the rest of the time.
but what if you need to cross water every ten steps?
like in the current expansion maps :D
Just give flying and you'll see less of them ;)

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind some other water walking mounts, underwater mounts at 100% speed and even boats/rafts/canoes/... Can't have enough options.

I'm a herbalist on my main and use the waterstrider more than my skygolem/lumbergolem thing because I know... flying will make me use them 90% of the time. So I rather use the waterstrider now :p
17/10/2018 18:20Posted by Shumensko
That's strange. I see people using mostly Sky Golems.

Well in fairness, there are 4 types of mounts that are superior to all others.

There are the Water Strider mounts, because they can walk on water.
There is the Skygolem mount, because you can pick flowers without de-mounting.
There are the passenger mounts, because you can transport other people.
There are the vendor mounts, because they have vendors.

And then there are the remaining 200+ ground mounts that are downright less useful in any and all forms of application in the game.

So much for mount collections o/
17/10/2018 18:18Posted by Poly

Tbh (and i know this is really horrible) I use my water strider so much more just lately because I know they annoy people. It's like, I just can't help myself having a little personal troll in the open world.
Just give the people that own a Water Strider a toy that has the same waterwalking effect as the Water Strider and remove the effect from the mount.

As it stands now Water Striders are basically a must have if you want to do anything in the open world or island expeditions and not feel gimped.