''The Gromkar Warband'' name.

Argent Dawn
Heyo!

I am the owner of the guild called <The Gromkar Warband>, that I only use for my own purposes (banking crap only, tbh).

I just want to see if anyone is actually interested in the guild and name to use for Roleplaying, as I feel like I might be wasting some RP potential that could be used for something better than just a banking.

And no, this is not a ''Buy my guild!'' thread, I will just give it away to anyone who wants to use it for a roleplaying guild.

EDIT: Should probably add here that you should write me a mail in-game or here if you're interested as I am not online often on this character atm.
Faith in humanity restored.
19/10/2018 13:52Posted by Dunton

humanity

human

Dunton, get your eyes checked and look at OP again.

Filthy, filthy, FILTHY HUMAN!

*whack with rolled up newspaper*
Can imagine it to be quite a nice name for Mag'har roleplay.

Honoring Groms sacrifice by naming the warband after him.

Go snatch it!
Alas, I lack the sort of spare time required to lead a guild. Good on you for offering though.
Sometimes this community brings a tear to my eye with their pure hearts. Thank you Igrimar for being an upstanding Azerothian.
19/10/2018 15:58Posted by Hongju
Azerothian.

I'm from Draenor though. :<

But, you're welcome. ^^
19/10/2018 14:35Posted by Angelus

Go snatch it!

Are -kar or 'kar a known Orcish suffixes? I know we have a few words translated or approximated through context and repeated usage, but this one I'm not familiar with.

Otherwise, Grom's full name was Grommash, as I recall.

ETA: "Led by Orgrim Doomhammer, the Grom'kar are hardened orcs of the various clans of the Iron Horde and some of the best warriors they have to offer."

Ah, there we go!
19/10/2018 16:28Posted by Aldebrandt
ETA: "Led by Orgrim Doomhammer, the Grom'kar are hardened orcs of the various clans of the Iron Horde and some of the best warriors they have to offer."

Ah, there we go!

Yep, 'Twas from the ''Grom'kar'' in WoD I took the name. :>
19/10/2018 16:28Posted by Aldebrandt
19/10/2018 14:35Posted by Angelus

Go snatch it!

Are -kar or 'kar a known Orcish suffixes? I know we have a few words translated or approximated through context and repeated usage, but this one I'm not familiar with.

Otherwise, Grom's full name was Grommash, as I recall.

Ah, there we go!

I got confused as there are different ways the orcs uses notable figures to make honorable remake.

In Jade Forest we have Garrosh'ar.
In Stonetalon Mountain we have Krom'gar
Outland we have Thrallmar
Vol'mar in WoD Taanan Jungle.
And Garadar in TBC Nagrand.

There are likely more examples out there but those were the ones I found in this wowpedia link:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Horde

So I was wrong about ''Kar'' being used earlier but it made it sound a bit orcish or Horde ish by the sound of it.

So Grom'ar or Grom'mar could actually be more ''accurate'' based on earlier examples but i found Grom'kar sounds quite cool.

Edit: I found more.

Grom'gar is the place in Frostridge WoD.

Grom'gol is a camp in Stranglethorn.

Grom'kar is a warband led by Orgrim Doomhamer... How could've I have missed that?!

Last Edit:

The name ''The Gromkar Warband'' or just ''Gromkar Warband'' could actually be a cool concept for a ''Mag'har orc'' guild.

They are generation of orcs who was inspired by Ogrims sacrifice during Shattrath invasion against the tyranny of Blackhand and since then the past 30 years been honoring his sacrifice by uniting the orc tribes to secure honor and unity.

But after deeper investigation it seems Grom'kar was the ''official'' army of the Blackrock Clan led by Blackhand so...

Possibly Orgrim'kar would've been better for said concept.
20/10/2018 01:50Posted by Angelus
In Jade Forest we have Garrosh'ar.
In Stonetalon Mountain we have Krom'gar
Outland we have Thrallmar
Vol'mar in WoD Taanan Jungle.
And Garadar in TBC Nagrand.

Thrallmar and Vol'Mar would probably mean something like ''Vol'jins/Thralls Keep/Base''

Krom'gar is simply the orcs' name, just like ''Gul'dan'' is a name.