Stop making Mythic a requirement for main story!

General
1 2 3 7 Next
Completed Jaina's story today finally. And i can tell you what it was not a fun experience.

Took us close to 2 hours with many, many wipes on last boss, many people leaving, most of the people doing alot of mistakes myself included.

A normal version of the mythic dungeon should be available!

Did i feel good after finally downing boss? Hell yeah! Did it make me want to go in more mythic dungeons? Hell no. Just not interested as a casual player.

Blizzard listen. There's casuals and hardcore players. You can't force people into wanting to go in mythics. Doesn't work like that.

Add a normal version of Siege of Bolarus
Probably its going to be like legion down the future they will release normal versions.

So for now don’t waste your time if you are after the lore path.
25/10/2018 20:21Posted by Kirion
Probably its going to be like legion down the future they will release normal versions.

So for now don’t waste your time if you are after the lore path.

Didn't know they did that didn't play Legion. Still think this is really stupid!
dat instance is cursed
literally everytime i go we end up 4 manning it...and i can't understand why, King's Rest is like 3 times harder but i can recall only one quitter
Ah I mean... Idk what to tell you? Mythic dungeons are casual if you ask me. Sure if you are a FRESH dinged 120 it might be harder, but with some gear from WQs its a speedrun. It all depends how you look at casuals; I find myself casual. I raid once a week, and do just one M+ for the weekly chest. Now you are someone who dosent want to do any content at all? Well thats not being casual in my opinion, but lazy.
Those last quests of all the levelling quests for the main release of an expansion should be hard. If the rest of your groups gear is anything like yours then yes they will be even harder. I didn't go into King's Rest until I was 305 or something similar and even then that took me around an hour or so.
This an RPG, not an interactive movie. If you wan't to beat new challenges, get stronger by playing the game.
ugh I know, my main isn't going to do it and I hate it when they force you to do content you don't want to do so that you can finish the game. I don't want to do pvp nor do I want to do anything beyond heroic 5mans.

there will be a normal version at some stage in the future but it annoys me not being able to see the end without doing this forced content nonsense.
they should lock story behind mythic bosses and make last boss of raids mythic-only :) imho
25/10/2018 20:18Posted by Goldra
Completed Jaina's story today finally. And i can tell you what it was not a fun experience.

Took us close to 2 hours with many, many wipes on last boss, many people leaving, most of the people doing alot of mistakes myself included.

A normal version of the mythic dungeon should be available!

Did i feel good after finally downing boss? Hell yeah! Did it make me want to go in more mythic dungeons? Hell no. Just not interested as a casual player.

Blizzard listen. There's casuals and hardcore players. You can't force people into wanting to go in mythics. Doesn't work like that.

Add a normal version of Siege of Bolarus

Nobody forces you into doing mythic dungeons :)
25/10/2018 20:44Posted by Enhancadin
This an RPG, not an interactive movie. If you wan't to beat new challenges, get stronger by playing the game.

Explain to me why the last part of a very long 99,99% solo storyline needs to be gated behind what is in BfA a very sloppy and shoddy attempt to force people into their vaunted 'miffic difficulty experience'

And spare me your absolute drivel of basic "git gud".

Do you need to "git gud" to complete the 99.99 percent as well?

No really I'm desperate to know. Let me know when you are online so I can waste your time in your vaunted loot and key grab by reading the quests and watching cinematics

"Yo you coming?"

"Yeah in a sec I'm getting this quest and rea..."

loading screen

Oh that's right, that's a wildly inaccurate example because as everyone knows. That never happens though right?

Said it before at the start and in other replies on this. I refuse to do that storyline any further because of Blizzard's stupid obsession with shoving people into mythic dungeons after a long storyline that was done on your own.

Jaina can rot in there.
If you want to experience the story without doing anything that challenges you, maybe you shouldn't play games to enjoy a story. You said it yourself, did it feel good after finally beating it? Yes! Good! That's what games give you! A challenge to overcome. Movies and books are there if you just want to experience a story.
I agree with the OP. Progression and story are two different things. Not a single person will start to play Mythic long term because they had a great experience in a forced PUG for the story driven content. Actually - it just guaranties they will never play another Mythic ever again considering the current state of Mythic PUGS.

Secondly... LFR was created to allow everyone to see the "story". So why hide the story behind 5 man content now? Not that I'm for LFR in the first place.

Thirdly... The Mythic+ system is now actually the main reason why many ppl don't bother to buy the BFA expansion if they didn't buy it during the original launch hype. Funny that the same designers that can't see this are creating endless catch up systems forcing ppl to play solo world quests and ignoring this obvious fact.
25/10/2018 20:32Posted by Dinoza
Ah I mean... Idk what to tell you? Mythic dungeons are casual if you ask me.

1) No one IS asking you.
2) You're wrong.

25/10/2018 20:32Posted by Dinoza
It all depends how you look at casuals; I find myself casual. I raid once a week, and do just one M+ for the weekly chest. Now you are someone who dosent want to do any content at all? Well thats not being casual in my opinion, but lazy.

And you're not reacting, you are being insulting.
There's people who like different things than you.

OP is not someone who doesn't want to 'do any content at all'. He/she doesn't want to do mythics. Which I totally get, because I don't want to do them either. I hate them. I hate how finding a group for them works. I hate the difficulty level. I hate everything about them.

Doesn't mean I don't want to do a plethora of other content.
25/10/2018 21:49Posted by Scotchka
You said it yourself, did it feel good after finally beating it? Yes! Good!

He also said before he said it felt good...

"And I can tell you it was not a fun experience"

Or is it easier to cherry pick the bits you want to make forcing people into mythic seem a good idea?

Imagine if Blizzard decided to gate any actual Alliance vs Horde single player content behind a 5v5 arena fight where you needed a high arena rating.

I remember the cloak chain in MoP where you needed to win Temple and the Mines. I remember fondly a lot of pvp playing guildies and other pvpers complaining because people who clearly didn't pvp were running round like headless chickens hoping to get carried to a win, NEVER to go into PvP again. Do you really think all the people who dislike Mythic are going to suddenly develop a strong desire to do miffic from now on?

I probably shouldn't have typed that about 5v5, they are probably going to try and "encourage" pvp in that way seeing as how a lot of players treat warmode with contempt.

"ok I got my levelling boost. Don't need that absolute pig's rear end of a system now."
There are several good guides to the dungeon on YouTube, so you should really take the time to learn what you can before going into it.

While I understand the whole "git gud" comments are not helpful, is there any excuse for not making the effort to prepare as best you can when doing something that is known to be a bit more challenging?

After I dinged 120, I wanted to complete the main storyline and when I discovered there was a Mythic at the end, I made sure to get a rough idea what I needed to do. I've not done this Mythic yet, as when I found out what is needed to get it done, I decided to improve my equipment and understanding of how to get the best out of my DK.

I am not remotely a hardcore player, as I have a lower spinal injury that makes it painful to be sat in a chair for any length of time over 30-40 mins (back at the end of the summer I was only able to tolerate 15 mins, so I am at least getting some stamina). Back when I was last able to play properly in WotLK, it was pretty standard for people to watch MMO Champions guides to dungeons and raids, as it was seen as being unfair on others to not know what needed to be done when entering an "instance", unless it's the first few days of release. Even that's not really much of an excuse as top guilds are using the PTR to try out any new stuff, so when it goes live they can race for a world/realm first at beating it.

I feel that it is a case of people having the attitude of "You don't pay my sub, so I will play how I WANT to play" or calling yourself "Casual" as an excuse for wanting to either have their hand held through every single dungeon/raid. Or worse, demand the difficulty to be turned down to the point it's not difficult any more.

I agree with parts of what the OP says in regards it being a bit of kick in the knackers having a Mythic at the end of the quest chain/storyline, which is really meant to be an introduction to what 120 lvl gameplay is like. Even so, it sounds like you went into it pretty much blind, which I'm sorry to say sounds lazy to me. This is not me trying to act like I'm some "Hardcore" "Elitist" player, because I'm not, as I've yet to do any of the bigger endgame content.

Am I wrong in expecting people to look this stuff up any more? It seems like the time spent doing this, will in the end save players so much time, which seems to be another excuse (valid or not) for a "Casual" not doing the more challenging content/aspects of the game?

My personal gripe with it being a Mythic, is the fact you need to build a premade group to do this one dungeon. While again, I understand Mythic's don't fall under the group finder, but I do think this should be the one exemption to that rule, as it is the last part of a long quest chain, vital to the completing of the main storyline for Kul'Tiras.
25/10/2018 21:47Posted by Souldefíler
25/10/2018 20:44Posted by Enhancadin

Explain to me why the last part of a very long 99,99% solo storyline needs to be gated behind what is in BfA a very sloppy and shoddy attempt to force people into their vaunted 'miffic difficulty experience'

And spare me your absolute drivel of basic "git gud".

Do you need to "git gud" to complete the 99.99 percent as well?

No really I'm desperate to know. Let me know when you are online so I can waste your time in your vaunted loot and key grab by reading the quests and watching cinematics

"Yo you coming?"

"Yeah in a sec I'm getting this quest and rea..."

loading screen

Oh that's right, that's a wildly inaccurate example because as everyone knows. That never happens though right?

Said it before at the start and in other replies on this. I refuse to do that storyline any further because of Blizzard's stupid obsession with shoving people into mythic dungeons after a long storyline that was done on your own.

Jaina can rot in there.
It's a wildly inaccurate example because mythics aren't queued into, and as such you can't be votekicked from them. That's the beauty of manually formed groups, you can agree on expectations before you go in rather than getting kicked randomly. This scenario you're presenting is only possible if they do make them normal and heroic accessible.

Also I hardly ever said "git gud", I just said "play the game and gear up". Again, it's an RPG, and you are expected to get some gear before you quit. That's just how these games work. And at that point it's basically just a normal dungeon compared to doing a normal dungeon in greens.
Tbf it does seem like a pretty odd decision and not consistent with most of their design philosophy. Always trying to make the game more accessible, pruning stuff needlessly not to clutter up action bars, titanforging but decide to lock the main story behind a Mythic dungeon.
I agree with the OP, with the vast majority of the story being in the world or in normal dungeons I was highly disappointed to find that the last bit was mythic only.

I don't want to have to study a guide and watch a YouTube vid just to know what happens at the end of a story that I'm enjoying, because as much as people are saying that BfA has bad writing I loved the whole rescuing Jaina and helping to bring together mother and daughter, I loved helping to thwart Ashvane and was looking forward to seeing the final outcome of the whole thing, but then I find that it's mythic only and all my excitement fades away.

I ended up watching the YouTube vid on how it ended and still haven't done the dungeon. I could accept it if it were opened on normal a week after mythic, just as happens with raiding, but not when it takes a whole patch cycle.