Stop making Mythic a requirement for main story!

General
Prev 1 5 6 7
26/10/2018 15:51Posted by Tésla
This Isnt related to difficulty.....

Ok. im not able to pass my message. (my fault i guess). Ill return to my Pet battles. Bye

EDIT: Shortbolts: sorry i've seen your answer now. And this time i agree with you. I should. Ill force myself next time this kind of content will be needed. Thanks for the exchange! :)

I can see where you are all coming from. I know it's not a good thing, and I know it puts some of the storyline out of reach of some people. But, at the same time, since it's an MMO, I'd hate to have a game where the whole storyline could be seen by a solo player, cause that'd ruin the whole MMO to me.

But, that's just because I'm not used to being trapped behind content in a story, as I just get on with it and push myself to do it. I know others can't and don't have the time to do so.

I wish they'd do it 2 separate routes. One for those wanting to see the story through Dungeons, the other through solo questing. That would please both sides of things. But, I doubt they would do that :-/
Please stop saying people want it easier, i'm gonna go insane from being on this forum.
Calling people self entitle when in your perfect world all of us should just uninstall and leave the game to you mythic players that play the "real" game.

It's not that i don't do mythic because i'm afraid of the content, i don't do it because it is mindnumbingly boring to me.
I play several hours a day without even touching that content unless i absolutely have to.
Stop telling others how they are supposed to enjoy the game.
26/10/2018 16:28Posted by Shortbolts
I know it's not a good thing, and I know it puts some of the storyline out of reach of some people.
If it was just some of the story (side story or related story) then it wouldn't be too bad. But it's the main story. And it possibly road blocks future story. Will patch 8.1 or 8.2 have content that requires this to have been complete in order to access? Is this needed for Pathfinder achievement? Is this needed to continue the War Campaign?

We not asking for anything to be removed, have the dungeon there for those willing and able to do it. We just simply ask that we not be forced to do it for the main core content of the expansion.

If this is just a story element then I can youtube it. If this is a road block to future content then I'm stuffed.
26/10/2018 16:37Posted by Gram
If it was just some of the story (side story or related story) then it wouldn't be too bad. But it's the main story. And it possibly road blocks future story. Will patch 8.1 or 8.2 have content that requires this to have been complete in order to access? Is this needed for Pathfinder achievement? Is this needed to continue the War Campaign?

We not asking for anything to be removed, have the dungeon there for those willing and able to do it. We just simply ask that we not be forced to do it for the main core content of the expansion.

If this is just a story element then I can youtube it. If this is a road block to future content then I'm stuffed.

Yeah, I can see your point. From what I have read and seen, I don't think this blocks anything in 8.1 (Not sure of 8.2 as of right now). The ONLY thing this story does is unlock SoB for you and your alts. But, as you said, it could indeed block you from the story later on because of it.

If they do something like this, they should make it so you can sign up for things like this in the dungeon finder, that might help out a little bit. Or, make it a Normal/Heroic dungeon from the get go. I've never completely understood the whole "Mythic only dungeons" to be honest.
26/10/2018 16:37Posted by Gram

Yeah, I can see your point. From what I have read and seen, I don't think this blocks anything in 8.1 (Not sure of 8.2 as of right now). The ONLY thing this story does is unlock SoB for you and your alts. But, as you said, it could indeed block you from the story later on because of it.

If they do something like this, they should make it so you can sign up for things like this in the dungeon finder, that might help out a little bit. Or, make it a Normal/Heroic dungeon from the get go. I've never completely understood the whole "Mythic only dungeons" to be honest.

26/10/2018 16:37Posted by Uldurin
Calling people self entitle when in your perfect world all of us should just uninstall and leave the game to you mythic players that play the "real" game.

I never once told anyone to uninstall, nor would I ever do. Everyone has their own enjoyment in the game, and that's a good thing. This game has variety, and as such as a variety of players to boot.

26/10/2018 16:37Posted by Uldurin
It's not that i don't do mythic because i'm afraid of the content, i don't do it because it is mindnumbingly boring to me.
I play several hours a day without even touching that content unless i absolutely have to.

But that's the thing, it's only 1 Mythic dungeon to get the storyline at the end. I'd understand if it expected you to do ALL of the dungeons on Mythic to get the story, but it's just 1. Then you don't need to step foot in that dungeon again. That's what I'm having a hard time with.

If you enjoy the story that much, you'd find a way to get the content done, even if you don't do it normally.
I do sympathise with the people who find themselves blocked by dungeons and raids in various ways. I do. And in Legion I spent a decent amount of time boosting people through dungeons for profession quests. I'm not in a position to do that yet for BfA Mythics, but professions don't lead into dungeons, except for one quest.

And I do think the asymmetry of the requirement being for Alliance but not for Horde is glaring when Blizzard usually balance factions requirements pretty carefully. That's a separate, minor, but annoying issue.

All of that being said, though, to the people who feel blocked by this: Remember Karazhan!

Karazhan in Legion was introduced as Mythic-only, but then later opened up as queueable content. It is entirely possible that a similar opening will happen here.

And while I understand you want to get through it, you don't need to get through it today. Even if it blocks something in future, M0 is going to be nerfed by gear inflation in 8.1, and it will become easier. Easier to do, easier to find someone to help you through it.
Unfortunately this thread has gone way off the rails and has to end now. Everyone, please remember the Code of Conduct when posting on our forums - it is perfectly fine to disagree on topics, but keep the discussion polite.