The Alliance, the Nightborne and High Mountain Tauren

General
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
I want nightborne to also be Alliance i didnt spend all those months feedin arcan'dor fruit to nightborne children to be hunted by them now D:
30/10/2018 00:26Posted by Ungrîm
I want nightborne to also be Alliance i didnt spend all those months feedin arcan'dor fruit to nightborne children to be hunted by them now D:

Holy crap...Some people actually think like that? I guess everything should be Alliance because...they're the goodies, Should we just give everything to the Alliance, and then maybe tut disapprovingly when they claim Horde Bias?

No, its fine, you have your Void Elves, who are unique to the world,

You have your Lightforged, who come with a space ship, lasers, and battlemech technology.

You also want our Elves who can use magic? Thus defying a crucial point of that racial lore.

What does that leave the Horde? Tauren who learned how to do facepainting?
30/10/2018 00:44Posted by Brigante

Tauren who learned how to do facepainting?

Nope they should go to alliance too my friend:

29/10/2018 22:43Posted by Dawnstone

In the Huln scenario the Highmountain fights off the demons with the aid of Night Elves. HT's actually have such allied history with Night Elves, and nothing with the zombie Queen who they sided with.

If they have contact with something = its Alliance in they headcanon, no matter when it happened, no matter circumstances.
I don't mind them joining the Horde.

I mind them staying in the Horde after all the crap Sylvanas did to the point that they start looking like mindless drones.

But alas, gameplay...
30/10/2018 00:44Posted by Brigante
You have your Lightforged, who come with a space ship

A STOLEN SPACESHIP.

I know Alliance is taking everything and more, but can I at least keep my own Lightforged Warframe? I've paid 500000 gold for it and Army of the Light didn't even cut me some discount for a single gold despite all my help.
30/10/2018 11:12Posted by Halasibel
A STOLEN SPACESHIP.

That's actually a really good point! Like shiz does the Vindicaar belong to the Lightforged, they had no part in its construction, it was all the 'Azeroth' Draenei. They have just pulled a Kael'thas on the Exodar moment and nicked a space ship....

Maaan….that's such a good point...
30/10/2018 11:18Posted by Savoren

I know Alliance is taking everything and more, but can I at least keep my own Lightforged Warframe? I've paid 500000 gold for it and Army of the Light didn't even cut me some discount for a single gold despite all my help.

They are are like. We help them out, they still demand mountains of gold for everything and then they STEAL our ship!
30/10/2018 11:22Posted by Brigante
30/10/2018 11:12Posted by Halasibel
A STOLEN SPACESHIP.

That's actually a really good point! Like shiz does the Vindicaar belong to the Lightforged, they had no part in its construction, it was all the 'Azeroth' Draenei. They have just pulled a Kael'thas on the Exodar moment and nicked a space ship....

Maaan….that's such a good point...

I know right?! Draenor Draenei constructed the ship out of the parts of Exodar, it belongs to us. And yet these Hijackerforged just barge in and act all so smugly and arrogant and pretend the ship is theirs because reasons. I don't know, "I am holier-than-thou!" so they get to steal it apparently.

Light be damned.

This has to be Blizzard's way of showing us that the Light is bad. "See those guys who love the Light like no one else? They stole Your ship."
I always hit my head off a desk at the ignorance of most players when they quote highmountain, the alliance didn't do anything for the highmountain tauren.

When the PC went through highmountain, you were there as a representative of your order hall, the order halls helped highmountain, not the alliance, not the horde.

Well to be fair, the Bronzebeards were the ones who were part of the Alliance and they were beings oppressed (rightly or not) by Moira, so that was what cause him to interfere.

I’m quite sure Moira was the rightful heir. Therefore she just went there to rule.
Also why should the Highmountains like the NE? Their demigod cursed them with the horns of echero.
30/10/2018 12:08Posted by Kilean
Also why should the Highmountains like the NE? Their demigod cursed them with the horns of echero.

It was a blessing not a curse so idk where you got that from.
30/10/2018 12:12Posted by Uruk

Yeh, they were pretty OK with that, to be honest I mean, more than OK, they were pleased by it....

But...That was ten thousand years ago. Unlike the Night Elves, the Tauren will have went through many generations since then,Its still going to have resonance, but... these days the Night Elves are fighting Tauren. They are Tauren...it kind of makes sense.... I mean to put that into context, Ten thousand years ago, none of us know what our ancestors were thinking, or who they liked, Asking how the Tauren think about Night Elves (And It has not gone unnoticed that it is always 'This Horde race should be Alliance' and never the other way around) is like asking Me as an Englishman what I think about the Ptolemic Egyptians.

"Umm, I know a really long time ago the Romans came here. In fact, no, I know a lot about that, I studied it, but at one point the Ptolemic dynasty were allies of Rome, does that mean I have a vested interest in what goes on in the modern country of Egypt?

Ten Thousand Years.

That's longer than human recorded history. We don't have a frame of reference. I mean there I was going back two thousand years with that Analogy. -TEN- thousand years....
30/10/2018 12:40Posted by Brigante
30/10/2018 12:12Posted by Uruk

Yeh, they were pretty OK with that, to be honest I mean, more than OK, they were pleased by it....

But...That was ten thousand years ago. Unlike the Night Elves, the Tauren will have went through many generations since then,Its still going to have resonance, but... these days the Night Elves are fighting Tauren. They are Tauren...it kind of makes sense.... I mean to put that into context, Ten thousand years ago, none of us know what our ancestors were thinking, or who they liked, Asking how the Tauren think about Night Elves (And It has not gone unnoticed that it is always 'This Horde race should be Alliance' and never the other way around) is like asking Me as an Englishman what I think about the Ptolemic Egyptians.

"Umm, I know a really long time ago the Romans came here. In fact, no, I know a lot about that, I studied it, but at one point the Ptolemic dynasty were allies of Rome, does that mean I have a vested interest in what goes on in the modern country of Egypt?

Ten Thousand Years.

That's longer than human recorded history. We don't have a frame of reference. I mean there I was going back two thousand years with that Analogy. -TEN- thousand years....

Ok but I just corrected his statement as it was false. I didn't really say that HM are cool with night elves now.
30/10/2018 11:18Posted by Savoren

I know Alliance is taking everything and more, but can I at least keep my own Lightforged Warframe? I've paid 500000 gold

How could u steal Warframe from peacefull nation?!? As compensation u need to pay 500000 gold to Stormwind bank.
29/10/2018 17:08Posted by Karrisima
29/10/2018 13:46Posted by Arcadius
The Nightborne are Highborne, so they went with their fellow High Bornes the Blood Elves.

Why would they join with Lower Caste tree dwellers?

those lower cast tree dwellers pushed the legion back and put an end to azsharas tyranny. and there are highborne in night elven society already since cata if im not mistaken. must be one of those forsaken that is missing a brain. such a shame

Oh wow look a wannabe High Elf being rude and arrogant.

What does that have to do with anything? Yeah they put an end to Azsharas tyranny but then proceeded to treat the High Borne with distrust and extreme prejudice, which they still do, yes there are some High Borne being welcomed back but its still a tiny amount and they are still treated poorly.

So you have the choice of one side who has treated your people like crap for thousands of years and whose leader needs some serious lessons in diplomacy skills. Or the other side, who are literally going through the same withdrawls as you, who are also a group of highborne and whose leader treated you with the upmost respect.

Seems like an easy choice to me.

29/10/2018 17:08Posted by Karrisima
29/10/2018 13:46Posted by Arcadius
The Nightborne are Highborne, so they went with their fellow High Bornes the Blood Elves.

Why would they join with Lower Caste tree dwellers?

those lower cast tree dwellers pushed the legion back and put an end to azsharas tyranny. and there are highborne in night elven society already since cata if im not mistaken. must be one of those forsaken that is missing a brain. such a shame
29/10/2018 13:15Posted by Beliarh

Dont worry, soon we will have some fresh air, with new topics like:
"Vulpera on Horde side have no sense! we didnt genocide them!"
"Why Sethrak are no playable in Alliance we had 1 quest with them"
"Horde got Vulpera and Alliance got ........ Its not fair!"
"Zandalari racial are OP"
Just wait 4 days, blizzcon is coming :P

To be fair, so far, the alliance side has been pretty boring. We got a continent that is pretty much just populated by humans, and the enviroment is pretty much the same (Forests, Forests, and Mountains).
Meanwhile, on the horde side, 3 different exotic races, with 3 different enviroments (jungle, swamp and desert).
Alliance players are whinning, and i especially target the comment about the Sethrak joining the Alliance, because...its so boring in this side.
Not to mention, story wise, the Horde has also been a lot more interesting, because its where all the conflict is. Meanwhile, here in the Alliance side, we're all BFF's who serve our Soyboy king...

Dont act all surprised that the Human based faction ( which the Alliance is, the first game was literally Orcs vs Humans) is boring, the Humans are always boring in a RPG, because its meant to be fantasy and you choose to play as the race you are in real life.

You made the choice of faction. You live with it. Of course I would love to see some of the other races have the limelight for a while, but thats not Warcraft, its been Orcs vs Humans since its creation. Its like playing Warhammer 4k choosing the Imperioum and then complaining about why is everything about the Emperor and mankind.
IMHO Void elves and LDraenei are the worst ideas introduced in wow. They popped up suddely with a 1 mins cutscene as explanation. No background...
The Voidelves just to try to appease the Highelves fans... and LFDraenei... i dont know.
In topic: im hoping the growin criticism Talanji is bringing to the horde could bring somethin new lore speaking.. like a 3rd faction or a swap in faction. I hope NOT SOoG 2 the revenge.
30/10/2018 13:40Posted by Tèsla
IMHO Void elves and LDraenei are the worst ideas introduced in wow. They popped up suddely with a 1 mins cutscene as explanation. No background...
The Voidelves just to try to appease the Highelves fans... and LFDraenei... i dont know.
In topic: im hoping the growin criticism Talanji is bringing to the horde could bring somethin new lore speaking.. like a 3rd faction or a swap in faction. I hope NOT SOoG 2 the revenge.

Well if Void Elves were added to appease fans, it seems its worked, as despite not not being globally available and locked behind a rep grind in a previous expansion they are more popular than Pandas, Worgens, Gnomes, and Dwarves. Being the most popular Allied Race by far.

Another Nail in the Coffin for the request for High Elves.