Horde lose 1:4

Battlegrounds
This is my BG experience lately. It can't happen only to me. Say what you want.
I always won most battlegrounds as horde
31/10/2018 23:38Posted by Jaguaryokota
Say what you want.

Everything..

:)
Any faction can lose if they do not work together and communicate. Example with one of the epic bgs, we all told everyone not to break apart and to stay in the middle. Of course what do 2 of the players do? Break apart and die immediately.

Some people cannot be bothered to listen and work with a group in a bg, they want to play the game their way. When this happens, often the team loses, whether horde or not. Of course you get many over geared players who simply do not know how to use their spec or do not have the best talents chosen for pvp, so the group suffers this way too.
31/10/2018 23:38Posted by Jaguaryokota
This is my BG experience lately. It can't happen only to me. Say what you want.

I notice that your ilvl is fairly low, as mine is, if this is up to date:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/pozzo-delleternit%C3%A0/Jaguaryokota

I have also had a low bg win rate. I wonder if our low ilvl may be the cause. I think 1 weak player can make all the difference, especially in 10 mans, but even in the others as well (maybe not so much in 40 mans).
Yes my ilvl is not very high but I am talking about BGs dominated by allies not close wins or loss. Is it because of me? I can’t believe that honestly. There is a bias and I haven’t figured out yet what it is. I guess premades
Ok maybe I should clarify that it’s not only winning it’s also dominating. In most cases there is an enormous difference in number of HKs. Like the top half of the scoring board is totally blue
01/11/2018 12:59Posted by Jaguaryokota
Ok maybe I should clarify that it’s not only winning it’s also dominating. In most cases there is an enormous difference in number of HKs. Like the top half of the scoring board is totally blue

Same here, but as Alliance player, with the top half of scoreboard being completely red most of the time.

BGs are not balanced at all. The matchmaking system is craptastic.
02/11/2018 12:47Posted by Obilot
01/11/2018 12:59Posted by Jaguaryokota

Same here, but as Alliance player, with the top half of scoreboard being completely red most of the time.

BGs are not balanced at all. The matchmaking system is craptastic.

The system is 100% random, this means you get players of all types of abilities, gear, and talents. If you want a more elite and choosy experience then do rated battlegrounds.
I'm at 1495/2043 wins on this characters, which is about 73%. And it has been like that since BC and is still like that nowadays. I win about 3 out of 4 matches, regardless of the battleground. I recently tried mercenary mode and lost almost every game. So I really don't know what's happening for you.
01/11/2018 12:54Posted by Jaguaryokota
Is it because of me? I can’t believe that honestly.

As I said, I do think one player can make a big difference. It only takes losing the big initial fight that occurs in a bg to make players give up and if that happens, then from then on it just gets worse. As a rogue especially, I think you can sway a bg by killing an fc or healer or taking a base.

I have actually had one or more days where I've been on the winning team most bgs now. I don't know if this was just that I got lucky with good players / comps, bad enemy players /comps, that my own knowledge of my class/spec has improved (I didn't start doing PvP this xpac until recently), that I was out of practice before or some combination of the above.

I have noticed that my damage has rarely, if ever, been outstanding as Fire and generally pretty poor as Frost. This said, I think I've probably had more success playing Frost, which I think is down to the fact that I can root healers and other enemy players in place, thus enabling those on my team who can do good dmg to kill them or peeling for my team. I'm not sure how much my seemingly relatively low damage has been to do with my ilvl, my ability to play well and/or other factors such as quality of my and enemy teams. My Kills/Deaths have sometimes looked reasonable or better. Arcane I haven't tried much. Played 2 on Arcane the other day and got 7 - 0 in 1st one and a bad result in the 2nd, where we got owned.

Although my results haven't been as bad of late, overall I still have an extremely bad win ratio this xpac and I'm not sure what the reason is, how much it's down to me and how much my/the enemy team.

Whilst I have heard players on Alliance claiming they have a >70% win rate (not sure if they meant over all expansions or just BfA, but seemed like the latter), more often I seem to have heard people saying Horde normally win. If true, I'm not sure why this is. I wonder if Alliance attracts new players more than Horde. I realise your experience has been different and I don't know why, but it could be one or more of the reasons I've mentioned.

I also want to add that I have wondered how much my bad results have been a reflection of the state of mage in battlegrounds. Whilst I have seen mages top or second damage more than once, I'm not sure how good mages are in bgs at the moment. i don't know though. It could ne more about one or more of the other factors I mentioned.
Playing on horde side, it felt like I won almost all the time. But the queues are so long, I've been playing as a mercenary on ally side lately, and honestly, it's been the same experience - we win almost all battles.
Sometimes you get the worst team ever, but if you follow objectives in a battleground usually you win in the end. Yes, one player can make a difference, even in epic bgs.
My BG stats have always been around 50% on all my characters, so maybe I am wrong. Also I never /afk out of losing bgs, you never know what will happen until the end.
I've seen these kind of threads on both sides since I started playing this game, but so far nobody has showed stats with less than 30% wins or so to support that claim..
Everybody hits a bad streak in BG's now and then, and it feels like you're losing every bg. If you're interested in some statistics based on your BG's download the REflex addon and crush skulls for a few weeks.

Btw. In march this year I had at least 20 losses in a row according to REflex. Talk about mental meltdown despite my total win/loss ratio was on the good side. :)
I win more than lose as ally. Today I think i lost 1 out of about 8 games
https://imgur.com/a/hf0GA4c -> my winrate last couple of days... And just need 1 win to get that weapon.
04/11/2018 11:19Posted by Lavarage
https://imgur.com/a/hf0GA4c -> my winrate last couple of days... And just need 1 win to get that weapon.

Pretty decent win rate for an 323 ilvl character
I feel like i lose more on Alliance than on Horde, but at the same time ques on alliance are super short compared to horde so i feel like it evens out in the long run.
Big difference is the servers you are coupled with, and play against, pve servers are going to be weaker against a majority of pvp servers simply because pvp players learn to play better pvp, use voice, use addons, use keybinds, use macros,
more diciplined, drift of better players rolling horde or leaving etc

Its no exageration in the last 6 days i have seen the same player 5 times in my bgs, noticable as he is more vocal than most. This means that my servers pve must pool from a very small base, and we get to play against german / russian horde most of the time. Even if I changed to horde on my server I dont think I would see much change in the win rate.

In IOC Alliance find it hard to bomb the same door when we have hanger, alot just come for their daily and I suspect expect to be carried . I swear many dont even open their map, and objective comes about three on their list.

Friday nights is only time i see a surge in wins, i suspect the germans/russians enjoy getting sloshed.
I also noticed that in a 1 v 1 against another Frost Mage the other day I got way out dps'd. Whilst I haven't played Frost since probably WoD or MoP before recently, I do wonder if this was largely due to ilvl. I fail to see how my rotation/skills can be that bad. I played Arcane all Legion and did fine in bgs. He seemed to take me 100 - 0 in a few seconds without even dropping Orb or using Glacial Spike, Ray or Comet Storm as far as I could see. It seemed to be purely with Frostbolt, Flurry, Lance and maybe Ice Nova. I also used a Healthstone. Meanwhile I used Nova into Storm and Ray and his hp didn't move.
I don't know I think it must be a combination of me being casual but also, queueing solo, server group. If you assume that by default you win rate should be 50%, all those factors add up to increasing loss rate. Like today I haven't won a single BG. And of all the ones I've played, only one was close. On all others allies just slaughtered us. How is that statistically possible?