Horde lose 1:4

Battlegrounds
04/11/2018 21:37Posted by Jaguaryokota
I don't know I think it must be a combination of me being casual but also, queueing solo, server group. If you assume that by default you win rate should be 50%, all those factors add up to increasing loss rate. Like today I haven't won a single BG. And of all the ones I've played, only one was close. On all others allies just slaughtered us. How is that statistically possible?

Whilst it is possible that it is down to luck, it could be that one or more other factors are influencing your statistics. The factor/s involved could be one or more of those I've mentioned and those I haven't. It's clear though that every time one of these factors is true on your team (a member of your team having a low ilvl for example) it makes a bad result like you describe more likely. The thing is, as I mentioned before, it seems that it's often the case that when a team loses one big fight they just give up, which is probably why battlegrounds are often not close. I think sometimes the team that loses heavily would actually have won, but for the reason I just mentioned they lose heavily. Sometimes people get an awful start either because they employ a bad strategy or people are sleeping at the start and slow to get to a base. Then as I say, a number of the team just quit.
it's called variance.

Sometimes you win a lot, sometimes you lose a lot.

Over the course of thousands of games, it balances out.

But, "sometimes" can mean entire expansions.

Before human racials got nerfed, and everyone that cared about pvp switched to alliance, horde lost a lot.

Now, horde seems to have a leg up.

I have played, I don't know, I'd have to look, but that last time I check over 2k+ games, it was around 50/50. I think it was 53-55% win rate, which I would like to contribute to me! =)
Really it makes sense that bgs are less likely to be close than a stomp for the winning team, because most bgs will inevitably have a big fight involving most of each team. For whatever reason, one team usually gets the upper hand in this and then proceeds to dominate mid, making it difficult for the other team ever to recover. Close fights can happen if the teams are evenly matched and so this big fight isn't really going majorly in either team's favour, or if the weaker team employs an effective counter strategy, such as backcapping in domination bgs, but this takes coordination and vigilance, since it relies on sending the right numbers to each base. If they zerg one base it's easy enough to backcap the other bases, but sometimes people are adamant that the team should defend, which turns out to be wrong, since the other team which is stronger in big fights just zergs a base. If the stronger team splits evenly between bases, then defending may be the right strategy, but this is the problem: the weaker team must continually make a quick assessment of which strategy is needed at any given time and thus how many to have at/send to each base. A lot of times, people just give up, concluding that the bg is lost, when it might not have been. There can also be bickering and arguing about the right strategy, which doesn't usually end well, since a team which isn't united and coordinated is likely to lose.
Might also have been something of an l2p issue with me actually. I've had a great day today playing Fire. I think maybe practice and also having gained a better understanding of how to play had quite an impact. Whilst my damage hasn't always been great, greater Pyro has been instrumental in scoring a lot of kills, even if I haven't got the actual killing blow. I don't think I was using it enough or properly before in combination with my other abilities, so again it was just a practice and improve issue. That said this may not have been the only factor determining my teams' successes today, but I think it might have been one of them. I had a lot of fun today in bgs today. Most fun I've had in PvP this xpac.
Yeah things have really transformed for me in bgs now. Whilst I have still had some bgs where our team has been stomped, my personal stats have been way better. I've often had bgs where I'm going 8 0 or better. Whilst my overall damage hasn't necessarily been top, I've had had at least one bg where I've topped the damage on my team and I've always had useful damage: i.e. the on demand damage to score kills and quite a lot of kills at that. This is due simply to having practiced and learnt my rotation and finding a way to play the Fire spec in bgs that works for me. I've been having a lot of fun actually and I've been getting far more wins that I was at first when playing Frost and Arcane and when I wasn't playing Fire as well as I am now. I now feel like I make a valuable contribution to the team.
147/79 win/loss is what i have now in bg, mostly solo queue and in this xpac.
I think the problem is on your side.
Hmm things went south the evening after my last post though. Had a losing streak. People ignoring flag carriers and nodes etc. Quite frustrating but I didn't let the pain get the better of me and no horde player laughed at me, so it wasn't as bad as it might have been. Earlier in the day though we were stomping Horde so badly I actually felt upset for them. When it gets to that point I actually stop killing them. I just find it too much, having already humiliated a team to proceed to grind their faces in the dust. It doesn't feel good or nice to me to do this. There are real people behind the characters after all and noone likes being roflstomped.
Horde Germany here and we are losing 80% at 15 min queue. So much fun
likewise queued all isles lost em
front door suddenly can take 990% damage from gunship hangar
hey bliz fix this and remove idiots from queueing to instalose pls
People do not listen in battlegrounds, whether horde or alliance. An example was yesterday on my horde alt, everyone said in the instance do not cap the first graveyard in Arathi and what do you think happens? Someone goes and caps the first graveyard.

Without any sort of communication or interest, you can lose battlegrounds, even if horde. The best groups I have had is where someone is actually leading and keeping an eye on the goals and objectives. And where people are actually communicating to win and not communicating simply to be toxic.
In my experience during BfA, Ally PUG win ratio is about 1 out of 5. It was always better for Horde on random BGs since the very beginning. Ally used to win like 1 out of 3, but now, when Blizz changed AV and IOC, it's worse.

And don't let me even start about world PvP...
Today, for me (horde) it's been 1:4 win ratio. Or even worse. I've probably played 20-25 bgs and won 4 so far. I haven't installed REflex due to a reinstall of the game recently (dead drive). So no stats.
13/11/2018 20:05Posted by Jurgenhan
An example was yesterday on my horde alt, everyone said in the instance do not cap the first graveyard in Arathi and what do you think happens? Someone goes and caps the first graveyard

Why wouldn't you want to cap the 1st gy (i.e. Farm, right?) though?
14/11/2018 16:48Posted by Yeshuagave
13/11/2018 20:05Posted by Jurgenhan
An example was yesterday on my horde alt, everyone said in the instance do not cap the first graveyard in Arathi and what do you think happens? Someone goes and caps the first graveyard

Why wouldn't you want to cap the 1st gy (i.e. Farm, right?) though?

think he is mistaking arathi for altrac valley.

So capping stoneblood i think is a big no no !@# all allies spawn right at their fort

Same goes IB GY for Alliance

The Horde still has a far higher winrate, with Gilneas topping the chart with a winrate of 100%. The Alliance only wins there when the Horde is AFK or severely undergeared. I don't think I have won a Gilneas battle the last.. two years or so.

I actually had it blacklisted in Legion because it is always a loss.