Soulwell and Summoning Stone for warlocks

Classic Discussion
Just play BFA, Classic is not for you my friend.
A part of forming groups were that you chatted while you got to the dungeon and everyone together had to go. If you let your healer run alone to the dungeon he might get ganked or couldn't cope with mobs.

It fosters a good attitude. No to summoning stones. No lazy seat for you. Get to the fkn dungeon. We're in this together and we look out for eachother for our own personal benefit.
11/11/2018 02:40Posted by Argoníl
Wondering if the forums have a population consisting purely of trolls these days.

Weird huh? Everyone except you is trolling about this cool idea, it's almost like... nobody likes the idea! WHAT A SHOCK

Stop with these threads, Blizzard has said they will not make balance changes. You need to get over it.
11/11/2018 03:08Posted by Argoníl
Maybe just let people have their nostalgia for a few months... ugh. Should be enough for people to get sick of it. Then introduce Soulwell and Summoning Stone. GG KTHX.

I played a bit of warlock in retail vanilla and as a level 60 alt in private servers. I played that character for years and I'll happily use 1 soul shard for each summon or healthstone every single freaking time.

Your argument is stupid. "I didn't like this, so I'll assume no one else does and demand it gets changed for my sake!". Go away.
11/11/2018 00:17Posted by Argoníl
Stop with these useless "I don't like it because nothing" arguments.

I don't like this because it was not in vanilla.

Do you like that argument now?
11/11/2018 02:17Posted by Argoníl
11/11/2018 02:12Posted by Devilsknight
Stay in BfA and have a Soulwell, or go to Classic and be happy Soul Shards arent "conjured" in 1.12.

So let me get this straight. You acknowledge that it's an improvement, but you don't want it, because it's not from Vanilla? Are you serious?

I believe I speak on behalf of all warlocks when I say that we appreciate the summoning stone's ability to share the workload... summoning up to 37 players by yourself is not something that will be missed.

"I am the Lorax and speak for the masses, now stop trying to rebalance the vanilla classes."

Seriously though, people are not able to discriminate between gameplay and mechanics, don't bother. I'm still hoping for QoL improvements, but either you must love retail bfa or vanilla byte for byte as it was, there appears to be nothing else...
I agree! I also think that we should learn all of our skills automatically and without needing to visit trainers or spending gold like in retail. It'd save us tons of time and effort which we could spend spamming Barrens-chat for Blizzard to implement transmogging.

Keep the good suggestions coming brother!
The purism is so hardcore it's sickening, I hope blizz changes nothing and those people are the first to get sick of some things I'm sure.

I'm also against most changes because I want to re-experience Vanilla as it was, but minor things here and there I can be ok with to make the game even better.

But no, not with the purists, FULL Vanilla or go back to BFA.
11/11/2018 11:31Posted by Søulbolt
The purism is so hardcore it's sickening, I hope blizz changes nothing and those people are the first to get sick of some things I'm sure.

I'm also against most changes because I want to re-experience Vanilla as it was, but minor things here and there I can be ok with to make the game even better.

But no, not with the purists, FULL Vanilla or go back to BFA.

Glad that you understand. We don't want some ''improved'' Classic/retail crossover, we want the original Vanilla experience.
11/11/2018 11:31Posted by Søulbolt
I hope blizz changes nothing and those people are the first to get sick of some things I'm sure.

No. The first ones will surely be those who can't handle playing vanilla and cry for qol chages. Like the OP.
11/11/2018 02:17Posted by Argoníl
11/11/2018 02:12Posted by Devilsknight
Stay in BfA and have a Soulwell, or go to Classic and be happy Soul Shards arent "conjured" in 1.12.

So let me get this straight. You acknowledge that it's an improvement, but you don't want it, because it's not from Vanilla? Are you serious?

I believe I speak on behalf of all warlocks when I say that we appreciate the summoning stone's ability to share the workload... summoning up to 37 players by yourself is not something that will be missed.

Sorry i'm a warlock - i want classic to be classic - why else would i play it?
In all expansion with portal, it was and is still me summoning everybody anyway, since ppl after getting the summon was busy inspecting each other or doing other stuff.

I want palas to have to stand and buff, cause that's what was needed to get through the encounter, if the pala gets free to other things, this will change the encounter massively
10/11/2018 23:58Posted by Argoníl
please.

xd
Tribalism is one helluva drug huh
11/11/2018 05:01Posted by Trajan
11/11/2018 00:17Posted by Argoníl
Stop with these useless "I don't like it because nothing" arguments. Multi-thread optimizations weren't in Vanilla either but it sure as hell will be appreciated in Classic. Same goes for Soulwell and Summoning Stone, or Greater Blessings for paladins.

I see that someone hasn't checked out Resource Monitor while playing BfA :)

Hint: That was a really bad example to use.

I see someone hasn't kept up with the news. Multi-thread optimizations are coming in patch 8.1, and will presumably be baked into Classic as well.
11/11/2018 06:41Posted by Taxation
A part of forming groups were that you chatted while you got to the dungeon and everyone together had to go. If you let your healer run alone to the dungeon he might get ganked or couldn't cope with mobs.

It fosters a good attitude. No to summoning stones. No lazy seat for you. Get to the fkn dungeon. We're in this together and we look out for eachother for our own personal benefit.

What are you even talking about? Do you know what a warlock's summoning stone is? The warlock and a minimum of 2 other people must go to the location to set up the stone and summon, just like it's always been. Having it cost an ungodly amount of shards and having the entire summoning process be performable by the warlock only does not make slackers slack less, if anything it'll just waste our time and give me some more DKP to take your loot with.
This thread is ridiculous. No to any kind of QoL. If you want to play warlock suck it up and farm those shards. Or don't play, I don't care. Just stop with these silly demands. They have already stated that "it's not their game to change"
12/11/2018 03:07Posted by Argoníl
11/11/2018 06:41Posted by Taxation

What are you even talking about? Do you know what a warlock's summoning stone is? The warlock and a minimum of 2 other people must go to the location to set up the stone and summon, just like it's always been. Having it cost an ungodly amount of shards and having the entire summoning process be performable by the warlock only does not make slackers slack less, if anything it'll just waste our time and give me some more DKP to take your loot with.

11/11/2018 07:38Posted by Keala
Stop with these threads, Blizzard has said they will not make balance changes. You need to get over it.
12/11/2018 06:45Posted by Keala
11/11/2018 07:38Posted by Keala

They're not balance changes, learn the terminology.
12/11/2018 05:27Posted by Chromean
This thread is ridiculous. No to any kind of QoL. If you want to play warlock suck it up and farm those shards. Or don't play, I don't care. Just stop with these silly demands. They have already stated that "it's not their game to change"

If it's our game to change, then we can add the summoning stone. The question is simple: Do you want to sit and wait 30 minutes every raid night because of this alone and possibly lose some loot to the unnecessarily hard-working DKP-earning warlock, or do you think that standing around perhaps isn't the most integral part of the "classic experience"? If we have the power to make such a change, then not doing so is unreasonable. It's not like you also want lengthened battleground queues for that authentic feel, lol. And it's not like we'd get LFR and stuff just because we get summoning stones, let's be real here.