Soulwell and Summoning Stone for warlocks

Classic Discussion
It really depends on what you see as QoL changes.

As a Druid I found vanilla very annoying because when shapeshifted you couldn't interact with the environment. If you were on a quest to burn 10 corpses, you couldn't use the quest item 'torch', you had to shapeshift out of form, burn the corpse, shapeshift back into form, and do that 10 times. Doing that once isn't that bothersome, but keep doing that on all quests and world interactions it was $hit.

I would go to a flightmaster, take a gryphon to redridge mountains, only to get an error message you can't travel while shapeshifted. I had to go out of the flight menu, shapeshift again and then I could use it.

Did this add to the game? No. Did it add to my feelings of reward after having to invest time and effort. No. It took 2 seconds, it was just very annoying. Nothing else.

Now we auto dismount/shapeshift when using a flightmaster, which I think is a very quality of life addition that everyone enjoyed with no further impact on the world.

But even the mentioning of anything that isn't 100% as it was causes panic in the purist "VANILLA IS VANILLA, GO PLAY REtail SCrub!!! It's NOt for Youuou, HardCore Only!""

Though I can understand people are afraid of domino effect.
^
Write macro and use keybinds. If u didnt have shapeshifting binded, you were "noob", its like warrior stancedancing by clicking.
12/11/2018 13:06Posted by Hylax
As a Druid I found vanilla very annoying because when shapeshifted you couldn't interact with the environment. If you were on a quest to burn 10 corpses, you couldn't use the quest item 'torch', you had to shapeshift out of form, burn the corpse, shapeshift back into form, and do that 10 times. Doing that once isn't that bothersome, but keep doing that on all quests and world interactions it was $hit.

Excellent point. But if you can interact while shapeshifted, then you can go from quest objective to quest objective even faster - oh and herbs too. Giving you an advantage over other classes. Unless there's some mount that lets other classes interact while mounted, or maybe a consumable. Which then makes them better than druids since mounts are faster.

12/11/2018 13:06Posted by Hylax
Though I can understand people are afraid of domino effect.

Exactly :) That is the elephant in the room. How many people saw horde paladins/alliance shamans leading to the homogenised classes of wrath? How many people predicted that the addition of haste would make the game a lot more arcade? Did we expect that the horde would be primarily represented by blood elves when the race was added? The domino effect is real.
yeah, but that was the strange thing, they could interact with herbs. Just not with NPC's. And shapeshifts were off the global cooldown, so it was instant also for quest objectives, just so that you had to press it for no reason.

Anyway, it's just that there is no discussion possible or anything whatsoever do the fear of change taking overhand. Rather than trying to carry over the elements that made vanilla fun, people are focusing on copying the vanilla mechanics one on one.

We'll see how it goes, depending on the 'succes' of legacy.
I dont mind if they make it so you automatically go out of forms if you talk to NPC. If they dont, there will be AddOns for that anyway.

The thing is, a change like that is not impacting the gameplay, as it only does what you can do with macros or addons anyway.

Meanwhile adding summoning stones will make the games world less populated and active. Which IS a gameplay change.
11/11/2018 02:26Posted by Devilsknight
If we start changing everything that plebs think takes to much time away from pew pew and flashing lights - it wont be Vanilla.

Why stop at that, why not just remove Soul Shards all together? No point in even having them, right?

If you dont like it stay in BfA, easy as that. There's your improvement!

This! dont change anything please Blizzard.
12/11/2018 10:21Posted by Argoníl
... well then classic wow isnt for u my friend. u just said it self.

What if the community had pushed Blizzard to make sure the game ran at as low FPS as back in the days, and you told them that's a stupid idea? Sorry, then classic WoW isn't for you my friend. It's the same logic. It's madness. I would probably rather play TBC but that's never coming. Classic was good too, but some things which you've all already heard of were just dumb. There's no good reason to defend the really dumb things, and if people weren't set on wanting no changes, then they'd appreciate some changes. Oldschool runescape voted to get features from the new version into the old and it's been great, and while that perhaps may not work for us, I'm sure there are some changes which the classic experience would benefit from having. We should review changes instead of saying no to all. Not gonna happen it seems. Have fun.
Prob is i never said i care if fps was same as the old one or the new one but diff is we living 2018 not 2004 ofc we have better system for it but does that mean u need to make spells as the new one aswell like summonstone? well it doesnt. and go and play tbc privat server if u want idc i only care for vanilla. and i u want new specefik spell back like summonstone. well then i can make sure other poeple want back some spells aswell and will get and argue because wlock get but no one else? that is something poeple gonna do then so keep ur summonstone away from vanilla go and play tbc then.
11/11/2018 02:40Posted by Argoníl
Wondering if the forums have a population consisting purely of trolls these days.
Says the person making a thread in the Classic forums about things that wasn't in Vanilla/have no place in Classic.

So, you're trolling for the sake of trolling, and you get called out for being a troll... yet you call others trolls. What is this, trollception?
10/11/2018 23:58Posted by Argoníl
please.

No please. I have newer liked that function.