Confused and fustrated about my main class

General
Hello guys, I never make topics but this thing is burning my head and I wanted to take out all of this.

I started playing BFA with my lovely Ret Pala and it was going great and also joined a guild, everything was okay..... BUT then all I saw was people saying why I was playing ret cuz it was very boring (not gonna lie tbh) and I considered to keep playing with my DH Havoc because sincerely I miss the mobility and all that playstyle. The problem here is that my guild don't let me change my character till the next raid and it sucks a little bit (sorry if I sound like an angry child).

Im in this headache since 2 weeks and don't know what to do because I watched all videos about which one would fit me and still like this, so Im here looking for illumination and wise advices :'')

Thanks for your time guys.
Use that character to farm rep as they will be shared in the next patch. Farm for gold to make hearing your DH easier when you are able to change.

If you are very unhappy and can’t stand to play paladin then make them aware of that and make them know you will put the effort in to prepare a new character for raids.
The problem here is that my guild don't let me change my character till the next raid

Ohh? If they are holding you at gun-point blink twice.
i have to admit, Prot is the only playable spec right now - holy and ret are so boring its unreal
Guess the reason behind them not wanting to let you change character ( overall that is not really up to them ) is because of ilvl?
13/11/2018 18:48Posted by Ájmage
Oh dear God!

What the hell is that transmog? Looks like a gay titan child with a diaper.

.....that's just what I wanted to look like.
13/11/2018 18:43Posted by Kyprax
Use that character to farm rep as they will be shared in the next patch. Farm for gold to make hearing your DH easier when you are able to change.

If you are very unhappy and can’t stand to play paladin then make them aware of that and make them know you will put the effort in to prepare a new character for raids.

I forgot about the shared rep and now im so relaxed :P
And that's true, I have to talk with my guild to let them know what is happening and that I will be back for them, thanks for this words!!
13/11/2018 18:49Posted by Xakura
Guess the reason behind them not wanting to let you change character ( overall that is not really up to them ) is because of ilvl?

Yep, and also I understand that they would get upset with me if they spent time on me and helped me to upgrade my itl and then I switch to another character :/
13/11/2018 18:48Posted by Seråph
i have to admit, Prot is the only playable spec right now - holy and ret are so boring its unreal

I feel bad for all the people that started playing holy for this expansion just because it was "god tier" in mythic+
No offence, but the idea of a Demon Hunter over a Ret Paladin in gameplay terms is a joke.

DH is one of the most simplistic classes I have ever seen, and yes, while Ret might be a bit boring for some, it's certainly a lot more depth than playing a DH.

I'm probably considering pruning a lot of classes I have a max level, and DH is probably on the list to never touch again, alongside Hunter.
13/11/2018 19:04Posted by Thorwyn
13/11/2018 18:49Posted by Xakura

Yep, and also I understand that they would get upset with me if they spent time on me and helped me to upgrade my itl and then I switch to another character :/
Well, could always keep your ret as the "main" for now and then just start gearing up a other alt you wanna play more and then when you hit the same ilvl ( or close to etc ) change to it, if they let you .. i guess.

13/11/2018 19:07Posted by Tymaar
No offence, but the idea of a Demon Hunter over a Ret Paladin in gameplay terms is a joke.

DH is one of the most simplistic classes I have ever seen, and yes, while Ret might be a bit boring for some, it's certainly a lot more depth than playing a DH.

I'm probably considering pruning a lot of classes I have a max level, and DH is probably on the list to never touch again, alongside Hunter.
DH is still overall more fun then ret gameplay. ( to me anyway )
13/11/2018 18:43Posted by Kyprax

Exactly this.

There needs to be a compromise. Above all else it's a game and another guild member's enjoyment should always come before a raid officer's ego. Provided you are willing to compromise too. It's understandable that they want your main for current tier progression but you should be free to use your alt outside of that. Just do your best to prep without asking for too much guild help.
13/11/2018 19:07Posted by Tymaar

Why do you even speak? What was the point? You’re not helping the op just diminishing his choice by sharing your own subjectivity that no one asked for.

To the OP: Gear your dh on your own or with your friends in the guild with m+ or bring it on alt days etc. Then switch.
While you should swap for your fav class, I can also understand people being angry if you swap while you’re progressing.
If you guys are officially done with te progress, then it’s alt time and you should swap now.

If too many want to swap its up to your leader and officers to arrange raids so that alts get geared

Good point for the rep thing from my peer.