Why are people so bad?

General
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
I just did one where it was like several people didn't even know the dungeon (Atal'Dazar) on +4. They didn't know where Rezan should be tanked, they didn't know they're supposed to soak the bloods on Blood lady, they wouldn't stack the ghosts on the final boss.

The only issue I can forgive is the totem one, where you cannot see other people's dots so they just assume the moment they stop attacking the totem it will stop taking damage, when really I've had dots on it which would take it lower than other people would intend it to go. That was the only one where no-one died on. So many wipes on trash as well.

But I honestly couldn't believe what was happening. So many wipes.
]Maybe they just need direction, instead of saying how “bad” they are, maybe try helping them out?

What’s wrong with the community.. everyone seems to think they are elite compared to everyone else.

Just help each other.. explain what to not and what to use.

Chill it’s a game.

The time for direction and learning and pampering was in Heroic and Mythics. When doing a timed +4, I expect everyone to know how the basic game mechanics work. It is a game. It's also my time and money that are being wasted by clueless people.

Football is a game too. But I don't want clueless people that don't know which goal is which on my team when we're playing an amateur league match.

If you go into top of the line end game content, I expect you to know how it works. I consider it common courtesy for people that sign up to do a dungeon to have an idea how to do the dungeon and not waste my time. If you don't know how it works, go learn in easier versions of the same content.
08/10/2018 01:13Posted by Leìsha
]Maybe they just need direction, instead of saying how “bad” they are, maybe try helping them out?

What’s wrong with the community.. everyone seems to think they are elite compared to everyone else.

Just help each other.. explain what to not and what to use.

Chill it’s a game.

The time for direction and learning and pampering was in Heroic and Mythics. When doing a timed +4, I expect everyone to know how the basic game mechanics work. It is a game. It's also my time and money that are being wasted by clueless people. If you go into top of the line end game content, I expect you to know how it works. I consider it common courtesy for people that sign up to do a dungeon to have an idea how to do the dungeon and not waste my time. If you don't know how it works, go learn in easier versions of the same content.

learn how to pick good people.
stop pointing fingers when you're the one who's bad at picking right people for the right thing. lmao
It's because people become trained at being bad and lazy through the whole game whatever they do but then woah ! there suddenly is that 0.1% brain content in WoW.

What do you expect ? You have some guy that bought the game ok he

leveling 1-120: lol, 3 max 4 buttons, no skill required, no chance of actual failure
normal dungeons: spam some skills, whatever, no cc, interrupts, or tactics required
heroic dungeons: same as above
LFR: rofl just go afk or watch a sitcom on 2nd screen while pressing random buttons

So ? What are you expecting from a guy like this ? It's not his fault.

The thing is that WoW has no learning curve at all, you play through the whole game like a braindead dumbed-down zombie and then suddenly there are actual mechanics and tactics no one ever taught you. Even kiddo games like super mario NES had a gradual learning curve where new mechanics were introduced every world and later combined and tested.

It's just a monkey game for the big cash but you guys just can't realize that and still take this game for serious opening threads like this lol.
07/10/2018 23:02Posted by Rusputin
I suppose not everyone is a LFR gaming god like the op. Must be painful to share oxygen with all the unworthy casuals.

I really wish people would stop lumping casuals and bad players together like this, it's really annoying. A casual is someone who has very limited time to play (usually because of work/family commitments). A bad player is just...a bad player. There are a ton of amazing players who don't have a lot of time to play, and there are a ton of players who spend all day every day in-game and are still terrible.

Casual doesn't mean bad.
My favourite part about people is how they will get pissy about a few points of ilvl in their attempts to min max their chances to have an easier run, but none of them will EVER bring any food with them. Not even nibble on a damn Mon'Dazi.
08/10/2018 01:32Posted by Leymaiden
My favourite part about people is how they will get pissy about a few points of ilvl in their attempts to min max their chances to have an easier run, but none of them will EVER bring any food with them. Not even nibble on a damn Mon'Dazi.

You know, I've never thought about it before but you're right.
Lol at the people going with "elitist, explain tactic, tell them what to do" it's a !@#$ing timed dungeon, I shouldn't waste my time typing to explain stuff, you should read tactics, what debuffs do, and learn in normal mythics if needed.
If you feel like you need to defend the bads, not casuals, but bads, then don't complain when people use raider.io score to invite players to their group and will just decline the bads, if you don't mind people wasting their keys, then waste yours and do your personal run.
These same people will also never use a flask because it's too expensive, be stuck in lower keys if that's the way you want to play and don't come crying on forums about raider.io, achievements, and so on, you are chosing to be like this and you rage if someone tells you so.
07/10/2018 22:49Posted by Yannila

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BAD?

If you want to only group with l33tpro players then group up with guildies instead of slumming it with scrub casuals. Get a group of friends, if you have any with that attitude, and do Mythic+ with them.

If you do a random pug you get exactly that: Random players.
07/10/2018 22:59Posted by Yannila
Not my job to teach people how to play the game. They shouldn't be allowed to sign up for anything harder than normal if they can't play.

In a nutshell this is the cause of your problem. Sure it's not your responsibility to help other people but it is your opportunity to try to help others. If someone else had taken the opportunity to teach them then you wouldn't have gotten annoyed, just as with everyone else you teach means they no longer have to annoy others in the future.

There's also the issue that WoW is surprisingly bad at player training. For instance does the game ever explain what an "Interupt" is? What I find quite common nowadays is people don't understand what buffs on mobs are or how to remove them, or why to remove them.

Then on top of even that there's the issue that the game very rarely encourages higher order strategies before the end, where it's near demanded and smashes people like a truck, such as planning cooldown use to maximise your damage and your groups damage in a dungeon.

07/10/2018 23:34Posted by Papudeath
Most of the time teaching others is wasted effort. They either tell you to f off, don't listen or just generally get salty because they "don't" need to be taught.

This is also the flip side of the community: I'd wager for every atrociously bad player you see in game there are probably 5 other players who at one point tried to help them. It is demoralising and it should be addressed, but i'm not really sure what blizzard could do about this.

08/10/2018 01:39Posted by Tokiri
Lol at the people going with "elitist, explain tactic, tell them what to do" it's a !@#$ing timed dungeon, I shouldn't waste my time typing to explain stuff, you should read tactics, what debuffs do, and learn in normal mythics if needed.

So how much time do you plan to waste in a timed dungeon before you explain what people are doing wrong? At some point you've just got to accept that telling people what they're doing wrong is a better solution if smashing their face into a wall isn't teaching them.
Amazing, spent like 6 minutes on vol'kaal on +4 because the dps couldn't dps the totems down at the same time and tried to kill them one by one. The healer was screaming at them to kill them at the same time but did that happen? Nope, not until after we had spent ages there already.

Then went and killed some trash after the priestess for % and then headed for rezan. What happens? The DPS stands there staring at another pack that we don't need to kill for a good 2 minutes until they realized me and the healer was at rezan.
thats why you ahve raider.io
Am i the only one thinking " LEEEEEROOY JEEEENKIIINS !!! " by this?
07/10/2018 23:06Posted by Yannila
07/10/2018 23:02Posted by Rusputin
I suppose not everyone is a LFR gaming god like the op. Must be painful to share oxygen with all the unworthy casuals.

Raiding has absolutely nothing to do with dungeons.

I mean...

https://raider.io/characters/eu/silvermoon/Yannila

You did 2 run with +2 keys. You are not really in a position to tell others to get good or to learn the game or to know everything at first attempt. You should be happy that nowadays, when people check raider.io for everything, there are still people who are willing to join your group.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Raiding has absolutely nothing to do with dungeons.

I mean...

https://raider.io/characters/eu/silvermoon/Yannila

You did 2 run with +2 keys. You are not really in a position to tell others to get good or to learn the game or to know everything at first attempt. You should be happy that nowadays, when people check raider.io for everything, there are still people who are willing to join your group.

Yeah okay, because alt chars don't exist. I know the dungeons and have known them since before mythic plus season started, because you know, I actually did them on mythic before going into mythic plus. I didn't jump straight into mythic plus without knowing them.
08/10/2018 02:04Posted by Yannila
Amazing, spent like 6 minutes on vol'kaal on +4 because the dps couldn't dps the totems down at the same time and tried to kill them one by one. The healer was screaming at them to kill them at the same time but did that happen? Nope, not until after we had spent ages there already.

Then went and killed some trash after the priestess for % and then headed for rezan. What happens? The DPS stands there staring at another pack that we don't need to kill for a good 2 minutes until they realized me and the healer was at rezan.

And this is why you use io.

Imo you should always try to tell people what to do once or twice if they are clearly not aware of mechanics, but if they don't react to directions at all, just ignore and leave. Can't help those people.
Because people often want something for nothing... in this case it would be loot without affording the effort to get said loot.

Others are right, if you are going into keystones you should have a basic understanding of dungeons, even awareness gained by observing where people move, when they move, where a boss is being tanked etc.

Everyone has different learning abilities and experience, but that doesn't mean you should carry every player that comes into a dungeon or raid unprepared.
video?
"Guys, these mobs have Bolstering. Please try to AoE-them and so we can kill them of simultaneously if possible".

Takes about 5-10 seconds to explain the mechanic, so any "But muh timed run"-retort is automatically void.

Telling people to learn M+ mechanics outside of M+ is also quite stupid. It's not like M4+ requires 100% focus, flasks, food and know-how to begin with. It's OK to be a little bit clueless on lower key's, as long as you're willing to learn.

Getting into a 10+ run without knowing mechanics on the other hand...
08/10/2018 02:10Posted by Calek
thats why you ahve raider.io

I'm afraid raider io doesn't work either, i have had multiple runs where i have checked every single member of the team who somehow cleared the same m+ in time on a higher difficulty and then fail on the most basic aspects of that particular dungeon.

such as tanks going the wrong way in underrot to the 2x fatmomma group and wiping the group in the first 5 minutes and people just not dispelling or anything...

while some say just take guild, sometimes it is just nicer not to rely on your guild for absoloutly everything, and you will start to be seen as a nuisance if you constantly ask people for M+ (you may want to do them way more than the rest of the guild for example).