Why are people so bad?

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Too much "what's in it for me?" in this thread; that makes those who spout it spoilt & egotistic/egocentric... not the right mindset for any kind of Group content.

What you get out of a game is proportional to what you put into the game... and in Group content that means interacting with the others & not hoping everyone is a clone of yourself, playing other Classes/Roles.
07/10/2018 23:13Posted by Yannila
07/10/2018 23:06Posted by Dappysham
...The irony in this reply is the community WoW has these days.

How on earth do you think we learn? I bet you go on wowhead/YouTube/icyveins to see how you BIS/ spec/ talents? Or whatever... the people that write these guides are other players.

I’m literally ashamed at the community these days.

They should learn to play in the content before mythic plus dungeons, before even thinking of signing to mythic plus.

i honestly wonder where they should work how bolser works if not in +4 key :)

pls give us your idea where else in game this mechanic is used below +4 keys :)
08/10/2018 12:49Posted by Lilîith
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They should learn to play in the content before mythic plus dungeons, before even thinking of signing to mythic plus.

Oh, I don't know.

https://i.imgur.com/k66WfNB.png

Maybe they could you know, actually check the mythic UI where it says what the affixes do?

So much this. It's like asking for +10 years of working experience from a fresh graduate, its stupid.

M0 dungeons don't have any affixes, neither does any other content we currently have in the game. M+ dungeons are the only place to practice and learn M+ mechanics.
The addon doesn't mean anything, it's just like gearscore back in the day and it will not mean your runs will be a guaranteed success, it just means there is a higher chance you will not find complete morons that will ruin your run by either leaving or by being completely awful at the game. People often buy carries or get carried by friends. Did a King's Rest +7 or +8, forgot which level exactly... I invited 4 people all with 700-800 scoring and around 368-370 ilvl. One hunter did about 7k dps on average with nearly 370 ilvl, the priest was awful and the tank was slower than the turtles during the Beachhead world quest. They didn't know what they were doing regarding affixes and we didn't even make the timer.

Also, the amount of LFR heroes crying in this thread is pretty hilarious.

08/10/2018 11:40Posted by Deunn
If you want only elit(ist) people in your group then start using raider.io like ever other elit(ist), that way you won't get "bad" players in your group, solved. Having players in your group who don't know everything and don't do everything perfectly in is just a result of your laziness.

You are a c*nt for not helping less skilled players in a f*cking 4+ key and its a shame that people like you play this game.

Or perhaps "less skilled players" should try and improve themselves instead of having "elitists" carry them through dungeons and raids?

And considering how much of a "nice" person you are, already throwing a temper tantrum and insulting people, perhaps there's a reason why people try and avoid said players like yourself.

There's plenty of guides and websites online on how to improve your character, and as people said, it's not my job to guide players through the game. I'm not your babysitter.
07/10/2018 22:49Posted by Yannila
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BAD?

because of people like you who complain rather than help others?
08/10/2018 13:00Posted by Sainur
The addon doesn't mean anything, it's just like gearscore back in the day and it will not mean your runs will be a guaranteed success, it just means there is a higher chance you will not find complete morons that will ruin your run by either leaving or by being completely awful at the game. People often buy carries or get carried by friends. Did a King's Rest +7 or +8, forgot which level exactly... I invited 4 people all with 700-800 scoring and around 368-370 ilvl. One hunter did about 7k dps on average with nearly 370 ilvl, the priest was awful and the tank was slower than the turtles during the Beachhead world quest. They didn't know what they were doing regarding affixes and we didn't even make the timer.

Also, the amount of LFR heroes crying in this thread is pretty hilarious.

08/10/2018 11:40Posted by Deunn
If you want only elit(ist) people in your group then start using raider.io like ever other elit(ist), that way you won't get "bad" players in your group, solved. Having players in your group who don't know everything and don't do everything perfectly in is just a result of your laziness.

You are a c*nt for not helping less skilled players in a f*cking 4+ key and its a shame that people like you play this game.

Or perhaps "less skilled players" should try and improve themselves instead of having "elitists" carry them through dungeons and raids?

And considering how much of a "nice" person you are, already throwing a temper tantrum and insulting people, perhaps there's a reason why people try and avoid said players like yourself.

There's plenty of guides and websites online on how to improve your character, and as people said, it's not my job to guide players through the game. I'm not your babysitter.
You telling me score doesn't mean anything? https://imgur.com/a/jC5LA4i
https://imgur.com/a/QxjPi8U

And how do you think they should become better? By hearing the "very nice guys" (just to not get triggered by me calling you a d*ck) telling them that they suck and should uninstall the game because they are braindead idiots?

Yeah, usually elitists and c*nts don't like when someone points out that they are elitists and c*nts.

If you are really trying to claim that people can get better just by reading about something and not doing it at all, then you are just straight up lying.

Helping others is not babysitting. I hope a day will come when you will have no clue about something, want to ask for help and the person beside you will just say "You braindead idiot kid, i'm not your babysitter", and leave you there without any help. Then maybe you will understand how obnoxious you are right now.
Btw failing in smth is a part of the game too. So if you want to avoid it find friends, dont play with randoms. Or start communicating with them. There are different types of players, and you cant expect everyone to be good.
08/10/2018 12:44Posted by Eighjan
Too much "what's in it for me?" in this thread; that makes those who spout it spoilt & egotistic/egocentric... not the right mindset for any kind of Group content.

Know what's not the right mindset for group content? Showing up not knowing what to do. I don't care if you don't have the most optimal traits, I don't care if you don't have sockets in low keys, I don't care if you don't have enchants. I don't give a !@#$ if you do less DPS than I do as a tank as long as we make the timer.

KILLING MOBS SO YOU GET RAID BOSSES THROUGH BOLSTERING ON THE OTHER HAND? Yeah, I do care about that because you are not paying any attention to the game at all at that point and you're wiping us because you're too lazy to even check the mythic UI and see what the affixes do.
To all the people saying "just explain it to them". No, thats not how it works. if you apply to a +4 or whatever content you should know whats up and otherwise just read a !@#$ing wowhead page on it at the very least.

Lower m+ is sadly full of mongos carried by titanforging and unfortunately bolstering isnt something they can zerg.
08/10/2018 13:04Posted by Sárádá
You telling me score doesn't mean anything? https://imgur.com/a/jC5LA4i
https://imgur.com/a/QxjPi8U
2 hours 48 minutes, that is some dedication right there... but that's what you get when you take either undergeared or inexperienced players. They may be genuinely good players, but don't have the knowledge and experience to tackle the run in time.

I am surprised that in hindsight a lot of people here would want to explain every detail at the start of a keystone run, even going as far as to make multiple macros that would rely on the full attention/care of people in the run.

If a person doesn't care to even check the adventure guide for a basic understanding of boss mechanics, or doesn't respond to others trying to clue them up on the affixes, what do you do then? Do you keep trying to explain it to them?

I'd love to be in a position where everyone in a random group listens wholeheartedly and commits to the run, but in reality it's not like that, hence raider.io checks, because it does mean something, even if there are players that fall through the cracks.
08/10/2018 13:07Posted by Deunn

And how do you think they should become better? By hearing the "very nice guys" (just to not get triggered by me calling you a d*ck) telling them that they suck and should uninstall the game because they are braindead idiots?

Yeah, usually elitists and c*nts don't like when someone points out that they are elitists and c*nts.

If you are really trying to claim that people can get better just by reading about something and not doing it at all, then you are just straight up lying.

Helping others is not babysitting. I hope a day will come when you will have no clue about something, want to ask for help and the person beside you will just say "You braindead idiot kid, i'm not your babysitter", and leave you there without any help. Then maybe you will understand how obnoxious you are right now.

Once again with the temper tantrums. Seems like the only way you can try and make your point known is by calling people c*nts and d*cks multiple times.

Secondly, I never said people should uninstall the game because they are braindead idiots, so, hyperbole much?

Thirdly... well, I guess I'm just an elitist and a c*nt then because I don't want to carry LFR heros and people that refuse to look up and read up on their class, dungeon boss mechanics, affixes... etc. etc.

You are plain wrong if you think that people can't get better or improve by reading up on guides or mechanics. That's why guides were made in the first place, to help out people you complete and utter muppet.

Lastly, I have no problem with helping out others. But when you're doing timed runs you don't have time to "help out others". People should know what to do, and know what is expected of them. Stuns, interrupts, doing the mechanics. Basic knowledge of the dungeon itself is enough in most cases.

"You braindead idiot kid, i'm not your babysitter", and leave you there without any help. Then maybe you will understand how obnoxious you are right now.

In all my time of playing WoW, meeting people and asking questions I literally have never, ever, encountered someone saying that to me.

But I guess I'm the obnoxious person despite you keep calling everyone c*nts, d*cks, and refusing to look up any guides and relying on other players to help you.
08/10/2018 13:23Posted by Ancalon
To all the people saying "just explain it to them". No, thats not how it works. if you apply to a +4 or whatever content you should know whats up and otherwise just read a !@#$ing wowhead page on it at the very least.

Can you show where can i read this rule of yours?
No one owe you anything. Everyone plays as they want, and there is noone who can dictate them how to play their game. If you dont like it get friends, use raider.io and avoid them, or deal with them.
08/10/2018 13:43Posted by Bubasparks

No one owe you anything. Everyone plays as they want, and there is noone who can dictate them how to play their game. If you dont like it get friends, use raider.io and avoid them, or deal with them.
By your logic no one owns you an a 40 minutes Power Point presentation about "how to do X dungeon +4 with this weeks affixes"
08/10/2018 13:53Posted by Sárádá
By your logic no one owns you an a 40 minutes Power Point presentation about "how to do X dungeon +4 with this weeks affixes"

Well...yes?!
08/10/2018 13:43Posted by Bubasparks

Oh yes i run with friends and if not, im your run of the mill R.io elitist, just saying its for a good reason.

Nobody owes me anything no, but its common sense and social to prepare for things you are planning on doing. If you're gonna be dead weight its just a bit of a dick move to everyone else in the group that is trying. Which is why the general opinion on people that dont even read affixes is that they are asshats.
Becouse there is no reason to get better. Everything is so solo friendly and acceesible to everyone taht any sort of knowladge or skill grow is completly stoped.
08/10/2018 01:32Posted by Leymaiden
My favourite part about people is how they will get pissy about a few points of ilvl in their attempts to min max their chances to have an easier run, but none of them will EVER bring any food with them. Not even nibble on a damn Mon'Dazi.

I can’t tell you how many people I’ve grouped with who have not a single food buff between them, let alone flasks or anything else.

You know where? in the same tab where you can check your best weekly key, it literally explains EVERYTHING you need to know on bolstering.
But NO, people should carry me because I'm worse than them and if they don't help the bads they are elitists, right? Because it's too much to read 2 lines of text.
And if you want to learn mechanics there are normal mythics and a LOT of guides on the internet, we literally swim in guides and videos for this game.