The strange tale of Bug. (AKA Baa'l)

Pet Battles
Once upon a time there lived a goat named Bug. Bug was a happy chappy, cheerfully gambolling in a lava pool. Then one day someone found out how to make him part of a collection. Bug didn't wholesale agree with that so he wanted to make it tough.

First of all he bleated, you will need a ghost. Not just any ghost, a ghost of a draenei that you need to collect items for. And when you have this ghost, then you must empower her and take her sightseeing.

OK you done that bit.. Bug was nonplussed. He had more. Now you must go and find pebbles! Tiny, very hard to see, pebbles that you will need help with.

Challenge accepted Bug, this is what the PROPER community thrives on, helping each other rather than throw inane insults at each other or whine because someone got an item or something.

Off we went, avoiding one shotting krolusks, sifting through seaweed, why we valiantly tried to beat a fatigue timer (TWICE) and if we didnt die only due to precision planning and sheer luck (and a very heavy dependence on add ons), we finally had our last pebble which gave us the location of Bug and its lair.

And there our tale ends.

Because Bug has its last laugh as Blizzard and their quite frankly, shocking lack of bug removal unless it's related to "important" things like keeping raiders happy once again rears its ugly head and gives a massive virtual extended finger to anyone who has already jumped through at least 20 hoops just to FIND Bug.

Summon Uuna to shrink Bug in power and size.

Nope.

Toggle warmode on and off. (Requiring constant trips to your capital city) Nope.

Have Jerry the Snail REPORTEDLY works. Oh did I forget to mention that Jerry is a rare drop chance from killer snails in ToT. Yeah. THOSE snails. Well dont get too excited. Even if someone DOES have a Jerry and it resets Bug, it doesnt always allow Uuna to apply her debuff.

Removing and resummoning said Uuna also does nothing.

This pet is part of a cosmetic transmog. Ill repeat that. COSMETIC which means it does exactly fug all except look like a clock.

And how ironic. That it would be named Waist of Time. Because this is exactly what it is.

If you are even remotely interested in taking this chain further than Uuna or even further, don't bother. You will be greeted by a giant middle finger, and even worse. A wall of silence from Blizzard who quite clearly don't give a toss, and are seemingly quite happy to have people work hard to get to a certain point only for them to leave with nothing through no fault of their own.
Worked just fine for me.
It's a pet quest, no need to write War and Peace over it.

I think your post is a waist, I mean waste of time.
17/10/2018 22:52Posted by Polomints
It's a pet quest, no need to write War and Peace over it.

Then why bother reading it in the first place ?? Just to make a snooty comment ?? I am currently on this chain and for me it's something to consider, so thank you @Souldefíler.
Then why bother reading it in the first place ?? Just to make a snooty comment ?? I am currently on this chain and for me it's something to consider, so thank you @Souldefíler.

Its NOT "something" for you to consider as it works as intented.
and if it didnt work Souldefíler would be better of to fill a bug report or/and write a gm instead of writting his diary here :D
They have resorted to the forums because hey, guess what, a lot of players have reported this to Blizz for weeks now and they have done nothing about it. I even read somewhere that someone put in a ticket for it and the GM couldn't get involved because it was seen as "helping them" with the secret pet, and they were told to "figure it out".

I think OP has every right to voice their complaints, and it was in a rather humorous way too. It's no different from getting a secret mount or transmog. Different players have their different tastes, some collect mounts, some collect appearances, and some are a huge lover of collecting battle pets.

If something in the game that has been hard to achieve is broken, then it should definitely be fixed and shouldn't be dependent on sheer trial and error or luck to obtain. It's not enjoyable for the players at all.