Blizzcon

General
When can we download the client for the Classic demo if we bought a virtual ticket? I assume it will be available to download before the actual event, even if we can't actually log in?
11/10/2018 09:50Posted by Redoctober
I assume it will be available to download before the actual event

I dont think so,
if this was the case we could datamine all info before the event and that wount happen
The demo will be available for download shortly after the opening ceremony has concluded.

You can find the BlizzCon schedule here:
https://blizzcon.com/en-gb/schedule#fri-nov-2
Keep in mind it's a version from days where games had size in single GBs at most, if even that. It won't take much time to download compared to today's WoW (which is at 60+GB or something)
11/10/2018 10:12Posted by Aerythlea
The demo will be available for download shortly after the opening ceremony has concluded.

= The login servers will be unavaliable shortly after the opening ceremony has concluded.
11/10/2018 10:21Posted by Jito

= The login servers will be unavaliable shortly after the opening ceremony has concluded.

Let's just hope that it won't affect live.
Really hope they rent some more servers for the event lol

Thank you. :)

11/10/2018 10:14Posted by Mahmeya
Keep in mind it's a version from days where games had size in single GBs at most, if even that. It won't take much time to download compared to today's WoW (which is at 60+GB or something)

Yea, not worried about my end anyway, it takes about 10 minutes to download the current WoW client as it is. I'm more worried about the server side, but I hope it will be fine. :)

Will there be a modern graphics option for WoW Classic demo? Just so that I know, before spending 40 euro on a demo. And whether my old laptop can run it.
I bet that the servers are going to go crazy with all the traffic when all the people want to download classic.

All of it will be worth it though. Can't wait to dying to Imps in Valley of Trials again.
I feel sorry for the people who paid for a ticket just to try the Classic Alpha.

I think my classic install was about 10gb. I was a long time ago.
A few things I remember from Vanilla:
Hit rating being a thing
One viable spec per class
Reagents needed for EVERYTHING
Resist gear
Crap itemisation (hello paladins farming the blue priest set)
Slow mount at level 40
Pet happiness
Horrific class balance in PvP (mages literally one shotting people springs to mind)
2-3 drops per raid boss split between 40 people
Bugs. So many bugs.

Not trying to be a killjoy, but there are going to be a ton of disappointed people when it releases and they play it for the first time. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.
11/10/2018 11:47Posted by Ishaldaranis

Will there be a modern graphics option for WoW Classic demo? Just so that I know, before spending 40 euro on a demo. And whether my old laptop can run it.

So THIS is what's holding you back from spending thoose 40 Euro and to "borrow" something for 8 days and play 2 zones?

Anyways. Do we know if the demo will be "online" - as in played with other people, or will it be a locked part of the game to try? I mean, how fun will it be killing boars amongst 1000 others?

On a side note : i'm I the only one that read the blue name as Althea?
11/10/2018 14:53Posted by Dottie
I feel sorry for the people who paid for a ticket just to try the Classic Alpha.

Why is that? It's what sold me into the ticket tbh, the other cool stuff that was interesting to me is actually free, like the SC2 World Championship. And 40 euro was like nothing to me anyway, besides I'm happy to contribute my due to fill Blizzard's pockets when they make good stuff like WoW Classic, they are one of my favorite gaming companies overall.

11/10/2018 15:03Posted by Starcross

Nobody is asking you to play it mate, now please stop with the nostalgia bull!@#$, nobody cares either way.
11/10/2018 14:53Posted by Dottie

I'm happy to contribute my due to fill Blizzard's pockets when they make good stuff

xD
Why is that? It's what sold me into the ticket tbh, the other cool stuff that was interesting to me is actually free, like the SC2 World Championship. And 40 euro was like nothing to me anyway

No one has said if it will still be available after Blizzcon, I hope so but that evil little man in the back of my mind is saying it won't be. It also says all data will be wiped after it closes down so all progress is deleted.
11/10/2018 15:16Posted by Dottie
No one has said if it will still be available after Blizzcon

Actually they said it won't be available after Blizzcon. It's right there in big letters in the info section. And obviously the data in any beta will be wiped out, why would you expect otherwise? Honestly, I think you are underestimating how long me and many others have been waiting for this. ;)
11/10/2018 15:11Posted by Redoctober

11/10/2018 15:03Posted by Starcross

Nobody is asking you to play it mate, now please stop with the nostalgia bull!@#$, nobody cares either way.

You quite clearly do, but by all means, carry on "contributing your due to fill Blizzard's pockets" lol
11/10/2018 15:20Posted by Starcross
by all means, carry on "contributing your due to fill Blizzard's pockets" lol

You have a problem with what I choose to do with my money now?