Rogue vs Fury Warr

Rogue
(2s) I've been struggling a lot in arena trying to beat fury warrior combos...Any tips?
Managed to get to 1650 then suddenly got queued against a lot of fwarrs and started losing to them and then the healer kicked me lol...

Talents im using in arena:

Master Poisoner, Subterfuge, Vigor/Marked, Elusiveness, Internal Bleeding, Toxic Blade, Poison Bomb.
PVP T: Creeping Venom/Neurotoxin, System Shock, Deadly Brew

3 main traits i go for in arena: 1x Swirling Sands, 1x Archive of Titans, 1x SS
3 secondary traits: 2x Overwhelming Power, 1x Gutripper
I will gladly accept any kind of advice, suggestion.
Well, this is what I would do, if you find any of my personal playstyle or tips to be useful is up to you.

I would not use Neurotoxin, but creeping venom. And keep it up on both targets as often as you can (1 combo point is enough to apply it). But yeah, this depends on the healer class, on disc priest I could go mind-numbing poison instead. Also I would switch out system shock for smoke bomb, giving you more of a kill opportunity on the warrior. (Could also be used if ur close to a kill on the healer, avoiding getting storm bolted/charged/peeled by the warrior if he's on your healer.)

Also I personally tend to start with sapping the healer (except ofc if its a resto druid in stealth), and opening on the warrior with my healer dps'ing with me.
Trying to get him as low as possible before the sap ends, and force as many defensives as possible.
After the sap ends I have full bleeds on the warrior, he's low, and I tend to insta switch to the healer to keep pressure up on both targets. Blinding the healer here before you switch to get his trinket is also a possibilty.

From this point I have to set up cc's with my partner, and setting up kills depending on the overal game picture.
If you got the healer trinket in the opener, a step kick on him, into your healers fear/cyclone/hex w.e could land you a kill on the warrior with smokebomb.

Just one of many possibilities. Also keep up dots on both targets as often as you can. If you have scent of blood, or maybe 2 of them, it's very decent in arena with ss.

Hope more people share tips, tricks and opinions on this subject :-)
25/10/2018 22:40Posted by Doomchamp
Well, this is what I would do, if you find any of my personal playstyle or tips to be useful is up to you.

I would not use Neurotoxin, but creeping venom. And keep it up on both targets as often as you can (1 combo point is enough to apply it). But yeah, this depends on the healer class, on disc priest I could go mind-numbing poison instead. Also I would switch out system shock for smoke bomb, giving you more of a kill opportunity on the warrior. (Could also be used if ur close to a kill on the healer, avoiding getting storm bolted/charged/peeled by the warrior if he's on your healer.)

Also I personally tend to start with sapping the healer (except ofc if its a resto druid in stealth), and opening on the warrior with my healer dps'ing with me.
Trying to get him as low as possible before the sap ends, and force as many defensives as possible.
After the sap ends I have full bleeds on the warrior, he's low, and I tend to insta switch to the healer to keep pressure up on both targets. Blinding the healer here before you switch to get his trinket is also a possibilty.

From this point I have to set up cc's with my partner, and setting up kills depending on the overal game picture.
If you got the healer trinket in the opener, a step kick on him, into your healers fear/cyclone/hex w.e could land you a kill on the warrior with smokebomb.

Just one of many possibilities. Also keep up dots on both targets as often as you can. If you have scent of blood, or maybe 2 of them, it's very decent in arena with ss.

Hope more people share tips, tricks and opinions on this subject :-)

Thanks for the reply. I totally forgot about smoke bomb. Had many windows where the dps was <8% and got healed up...
Hey !

The normal talents you use are nice.
You may use Elaborate Planning instead of Master Poisoner as long as you pick Marked for Death. That will be better against healers that will dispel your Poisons a lot, since Master Poisoner will lose its value (like, Paladins who play that Pure of Heart talent...), or if you plan on killing on cc and burst rather than with sustained damage (against Monks, mostly, when the Monk is in CC there will be little to no healing so you don't need Master Poisoner and you can use Elaborate Planning, and if you don't CC well, Monks can easily outheal your damage until you lose).

Honor talents, you're right about Deadly Brew, it's an obvious must-have.
System Shock isn't a must-have but is in my opinion one of the best talents at your disposal, and that's even more true when you play Marked for Death or even Marked for Death + Elaborate Planning.
The third talent is the tricky one. I don't think Smoke Bomb holds too much value in 2s as an Assassination Rogue. You can have a lot of sustained pressure, and little burst windows on every Kidney thanks to MfD and Toxic Blade, you do't really need Smoke Bomb. And, you may think "Oh, he had 8%, if I had had Smoke Bomb he would be dead" but then ask yourself this. Would he be 8% at that very moment if you had removed one of your damage talent to pick Smoke Bomb ? Maybe, maybe not. All in all Smoke Bomb is not a bad choice, but I think it gets outvalued in most match-ups by Creeping Venom or Mind-Numbing. Priests will use Barrier on Smoke Bomb. Monks will use Ring of Peace. Shamans will use Earthern Wall Totem. Paladins will use their Hand of Freedom + Mount to dash in in a second every if they are far. Druids will have HoTs on the target and can use Tranquility (I think it heals through Smoke Bomb, might be wrong, anyways there will still be the HoT problem).
Because of this I'd pick either Creeping Venom or Mind-Numbing. How to choose ?
Pick Mind Numbing against healers that you want to kill, that can dispel your Creeping Venom AND who cast a lot of spells, preferably instants. That means Druids and Monks. Pick Creeping Venom against healers who can't dispel it regardless on who your kill target will be. That means Shamans and Priests. Against Paladins you don't want Creeping since they will dispel it with Pure of Heart or their dispel. If you plan on killing the Paladin I'd say go Mind Numbing, they will still dispel it with Pure of Heart but will take damage anyways, and if you plan on killing the Warrior that might just be where Smokebomb can be more valuable than the two poisons talents.
And yeah. Don't pick Neurotoxin, not worth it at all against that.

As for what to do in the arena... The Sap on the healer is always nice. I usually start hard on the Warrior because the healer is in CC (either Sap + my healer CC, or Sap + Blind to get his trinket out of the way depending on which healer it is). Of course you will never kill an intelligent team in the opener but you will get their defensives out of the way for clean set-ups later.
Against Druids you want to kill the Druid, you have the damage for it, but don't forget to help your healer if he's in trouble. IF the Druid trinkets one of your Kidney at ANY point, keep an eye out for a moment when the Warrior has taken damage, Blind Druid and kill Warrior. Or, when you have a lot of damage Kidney Druid and blow your Vanish to Cheap shot and then Garrote with Subterfuge. That will be 11s CC, if he has no trinket and has taken some damage, he dies.
Kind of similar tactics can be used against Monks, but you'll hit the Warrior way more, and simply swap Monk when he comes near, don't just chase him you'll only waste your time and the Warrior will kill your healer.
I have never met any good Disc/Fwar team but I'd say just keep the Priest slowed with Poisoned Knife and CC him a bit, LoS him and kill the Warrior (because hey, chances are the Warrior will follow you or your healer out of Priest LoS, and if he doesn't and goes back to Priest you can just wait behind your pillar, stealth, sap priest and start over.
Shaman, you can spread DoTs and kill the Shaman. Shamans are easy kills for us Assa Rogues right now if you do well. Bleeding the Warrior and throwing knives at him will help a lot because of the additional energy regen, and who knows, if the Shaman cannot heal himself and the Warrior, just wait for a moment he has no trinket and then it's Blind and Warrior dies.
Against Paladins well, if the paladin is good you lose and that's it :D
It's really hard against paladins because of the amount of defensives they have, the fact that they can either just tunnel your healer down, will be immortal during melee wings, and will keep dispelling all your poisons, BoP your Blind, BoP your Vendetta, Sac the Warrior two time IF you manage to put some pressure, and he will still have his trinket or his Divine Shield of you ever are a threat to him. Your best chance is to kill during Forbearance or to manage to protect your healer on every of their set-up and hold long enough for the paladin to be out of defensives/ways yo get out of your CC and then kill someone before his first defensives are back.

Sometimes if you go the "I want to kill healer" route you may have to blind warrior when he has no trinket yo help your healer, so always consider this, don't think blind is only for the healer. This move is a last resort one though.

You need to be able to exploit every advantage there is. If the enemy healer go drink, Sap him, if you're with a Priest and he fears the healer with no DoTs, Sap him, etc etc, you can't win fwar with pure damage only, he will win everytime. You need to take advantage of your toolkit to make that game a 2vs1 as much as possible.

I find it really hard to explain what to do on forum because well, in theory everything goes well and we don't see what the enemy does, the pressure you take etc etc. If you're interested I've started doing assa 2s videos as a hobby (I'd like to go for toher brackets but I've gotta live the real life and I don't have THAT much time) with some kind of commentaries, between 2k and 2k5, I did upload vids against fury warriors since we see a lot of those lately, check it out if you think that can help you (Shadenox on youtube and you'll find it).

Best of luck !