Hello forums!

General
30/10/2018 19:41Posted by Sulaa
29/10/2018 03:31Posted by Ruìn
For 3 days, I'm all yours.

@Blizzard:

If forum posting is better than the BfA "trial", you guys needs serious work in your marketing department. I urge you to reconsider how you want to bring back players with frozen accounts like myself.

I think you might remember my druid more we used to row about LFR all the time lol .
Well by the end of Legion i had thanks to you pushing me i finished on

7/7 mythic EN
3/3 mythic TOV
10/10 mythic NH
7/9 mythic TOS
9/11 Mythic Antorus

Atm due to lack of time and raid team i'am on 8/8 norm 8/8 heroic 1/8 mythic :P so hope your proud of me :)
Sadly no cutting edge's but done when current still and got my Gul Dan mount :D

My point was always that raiding could be done even at Mythic level if you were willing to jump some hoops. But let's be honest here, the hoops are usually not worth jumping through unless the rewards are worth it. Good job with the raids, just make sure you're also having fun doing it. When I quit the fun was almost gone and reached a level where all I cared about was me doing orange logs and focusing on that, because the overall progress was horrible and an exercise in pure frustration.
30/10/2018 19:06Posted by Ruìn
Anyway, unless they can bring back proper lore and proper progression, I am clearly done with WoW. It's just not the game I bought.

Yeah, I think they have no plans to do that. Might you try Classic? not as raid-focused as TBC, but will still have a concept of progression.
30/10/2018 20:39Posted by Gráinne
30/10/2018 19:06Posted by Ruìn
Anyway, unless they can bring back proper lore and proper progression, I am clearly done with WoW. It's just not the game I bought.

Yeah, I think they have no plans to do that. Might you try Classic? not as raid-focused as TBC, but will still have a concept of progression.

I want to, but if they ask a sub I'm not paying it. I bought that game already. Still have the box, DVD, manual and everything. I could understand like a 30USD price tag as for a "remaster", as work was done, but sub?

Never.

I was never a Vanilla fanatic, I know it has very clear flaws. I mean, sure, form my perspective it's far superior as an RPG compared to retail, but worth a sub?

For a game to worth a sub in 2018 it should be nothing short of revolutionary. A re-release of the same content doesn't cut it.

PS: they also need to remember they are competing with free essentially. They can't close each and every errrr... alternative. And people will always flock to free. Unless the price is right, for example like Overwatch, I don't see them managing a lot of subs. Which could be OK for them, since you know...

... it's the same game, same content, low effort porting to the new engine...
30/10/2018 20:45Posted by Ruìn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I want to, but if they ask a sub I'm not paying it. I bought that game already. Still have the box, DVD, manual and everything. I could understand like a 30USD price tag as for a "remaster", as work was done, but sub?

Never.

I was never a Vanilla fanatic, I know it has very clear flaws. I mean, sure, form my perspective it's far superior as an RPG compared to retail, but worth a sub?

For a game to worth a sub in 2018 it should be nothing short of revolutionary. A re-release of the same content doesn't cut it.

same here man , if they are expecting another sub for wow classic even if its reduced price i will most likely not play it either.

bellular said they should release both under one subscription and personally i agree with him on it it makes the most sense to keep both games active.
But but, come back!

Now instead of focusing on your logs, you only need to spam mythics+ and focus on getting Rio score up!

So much fun...NOT! :)

Yeah, even community went bonkers. You are not missing much tbh.

Few hours left of my sub aswell.

Leaving this mess of a game also for greener pastures. :)
30/10/2018 20:51Posted by Jareb
But but, come back!

Now instead of focusing on your logs, you only need to spam mythics+ and focus on getting Rio score up!

So much fun...NOT! :)

Yeah, even community went bonkers. You are not missing much tbh.

Few hours left of my sub aswell.

Leaving this mess of a game also for greener pastures. :)

I hated M+ with a passion in Legion already, especially when it was kind of required if you were among the unlucky dudes that didn't get their BiS legendaries early on and wanted to have competitive amounts of AP for ToV and NH. It calmed down afterwards when legendaries mostly started to drop each 2-3 weeks, but it wasn't until mid-Nighthold I had BiS for Frost, since Blizzard in their infinite wisdom made Fire basically irrelevant.

It's insane these people perform this type of changes and expect people to just take it up the !@#$ and be happy about it. Imagine the shock after you farmed good legendaries only to find that Blizz nerfs that spec.

Good thing they got rid of those, but I've heard azerite whatever is creating just as many issues.

This type of RNG serves but one purpose, artificially prolonging the game.
30/10/2018 20:18Posted by Ruìn
30/10/2018 19:41Posted by Sulaa

I think you might remember my druid more we used to row about LFR all the time lol .
Well by the end of Legion i had thanks to you pushing me i finished on

7/7 mythic EN
3/3 mythic TOV
10/10 mythic NH
7/9 mythic TOS
9/11 Mythic Antorus

Atm due to lack of time and raid team i'am on 8/8 norm 8/8 heroic 1/8 mythic :P so hope your proud of me :)
Sadly no cutting edge's but done when current still and got my Gul Dan mount :D

My point was always that raiding could be done even at Mythic level if you were willing to jump some hoops. But let's be honest here, the hoops are usually not worth jumping through unless the rewards are worth it. Good job with the raids, just make sure you're also having fun doing it. When I quit the fun was almost gone and reached a level where all I cared about was me doing orange logs and focusing on that, because the overall progress was horrible and an exercise in pure frustration.

I did have fun tbh but it all got to serious but i am truely happy to see you i do hope you come back one :)
29/10/2018 00:58Posted by Ruìn
It's me, your (least) favorite mage, (formerly) Chanyi.

You were always my favorite babe <3
Last 7 hrs of trialing the forums and not the game!

Gonna have to say goodbye guys, posting privileges will soon be frozen.
All the best! I hope you enjoy whever you do. :)
31/10/2018 17:21Posted by Ruìn

It's good to see you again, even if briefly. Happy gaming, whatever you decide to play :)
31/10/2018 19:36Posted by Korrina
31/10/2018 17:21Posted by Ruìn

It's good to see you again, even if briefly. Happy gaming, whatever you decide to play :)

Destiny 2 /yawn

I reallllllllyyyyy miss a proper MMORPG. Actually worried I'll have nothing to play that I like until CDPR's Cyberpunk doesn't release. Even more frustrating as now I have a pretty good PC with nice specs that can max these games instead of struggling on my old FX8350 PC.
"waves"

I find forums a lot more negative than the game itself. The game is a version of Legion without legendaries, though I suppose now it's about azerite traits.

GL wherever you go!
29/10/2018 20:42Posted by Ruìn
Yes, I wouldn't buy the expansion. This much is true.

But others that are less disenfranchised compared to me might. Yes, 3 days of normal progression wouldn't change my decision, I did that in the Beta. I watched streams. I've read posts. I /yawned at Method getting another world first. With the progression system in the game now, there's like 5% chance I'd return.

IMO the only good thing in BfA from my admittedly limited experience is that they removed the RNG legendaries. That was an INSANE mistake from Blizzard, so incredibly out of touch.

In 8.1 there's another mildly positive thing to come, the multithreaded optimizations. I always suffered through mostly bad FPS because of me choosing the wrong CPU, and even though now I have a very good PC for WoW, its criminal lack of performance was always with me. That's the reason I have PTR, to test technical stuff.

Which is such a shame. I used to be fascinated with WoW's progression and lore, and now all that is left is "let's see if the game can now properly use more than one core".

More importantly:

- offering 3 proper days of progression instead of pretty much nothing isn't additional effort for Blizz. It's flipping a few flags on their server. Less than a minute "work". And while there's no way to guarantee it'd have better results than the lame trial they offer now, my suspicion is that it would.

I mean, it's good to create positive feelings in your potential customers, instead of disappointment.

The performance is terrible i can jump on a Cata private server with 200fps yet retail 40-50 going to 15 in some zones.

its hilarious took me 2 weeks at max lvl to quit i told my guild 2-3 weeks ago see you guys BFA is terrible im quittting when subs run out but i did buy a token hoping i could play Legion, they all thought i was crazy now 2-3 weeks later 50-60% of the guild quit themselves, i didnt play Legion i knew BFA was terrible quickly because of this i think.

Slowly wow has sucked any love i had for Blizzard, Overwatch was the 1st blizzard game i havent bought, i just feel ripped off and lied to at this point not for the 1st time either got a feeling this could be bad for wow but i said that in WoD also and still gave them my money im so stupid walks off smh.
I tried the trial, and to be honest, it wasnt that bad.
31/10/2018 21:26Posted by Thoviin
I tried the trial, and to be honest, it wasnt that bad.

If you were 110 all that you would be able to do is the scenario. There's just nothing else in it unless you wanted to do Legion or older xpac content.
31/10/2018 21:07Posted by Lazerzgopew
The performance is terrible i can jump on a Cata private server with 200fps yet retail 40-50 going to 15 in some zones.

I played Cata with a Core 2 Duo E7200 and a HD4850 I believe, only raided LFR and Normal since I had so little time to play the expansion, but even on that crap PC it ran decently. I'm sure that if I had a high end PC I would have been disappointed i though.

As for retail, Blizzard made a HUUUUGE mistake allowing View Distance and Environment detail to scale to 10 without multicore optimizations. On my 8700K and 1080 the game is fully utilizing one core and barely does anything on the others, just like it would have been in 2005 :/ The PTR 8.1 optimizations barely bring me 6-8 fps if I max the game out at 1080p and go in some very demanding area, like Suramar.

People somehow expect that somebody with basically top of the line CPU for WoW and a decent videocard should reduce settings, in a game that looks like from 2010 if they want just 60.

Meanwhile a game like Destiny 2 plays maxed at 120+ fps, without drops, without stuttering, and looks like what you expect from a AAA game. It played above 60 even on my FX8350+GTX970 outside a few CPU bottlenecked areas, but that was a 2012 CPU.

The only reason Blizz are able to provide such disappointing performance in a AAA sub game is because a lot of their playerbase plays on below potato PCs and don't care about framerate, doubt they even notice if it's 30 or 60.

31/10/2018 20:36Posted by Saphiramoon
"waves"

I find forums a lot more negative than the game itself. The game is a version of Legion without legendaries, though I suppose now it's about azerite traits.

GL wherever you go!

Hey there! Hope you're doing fine!

They need to offer far more than always more of the same. The game needs a radical refresh.
31/10/2018 22:43Posted by Ruìn
Hey there! Hope you're doing fine!

They need to offer far more than always more of the same. The game needs a radical refresh.

Can't complain! My guild died (after four and a half years) and even if I joined another and been there for a year and a half, things have never been quite the same (except for that fact I'm still enjoying not being an officer anymore). People here are nice but I miss my old team, and without them not even raiding feels the same. I guess some things just pass and we can't go back.

As for the game, I've always been content with wow. I've had very feeble tries for other games (played GW2 and LOL a few years back) but without the friends from wow they couldn't grip me. I never expect anything revolutionary from wow: each expansion is pretty much the same - leveling, quests, kill boars, collect cherries, try to revive world pvp, try to balance classes, then back to business - raiding - the main thing wow seems to always manage right.

Legion managed to bring another thing to the main table - mythic plus, and I think in that is a huge success, the only thing that can dream to replace raiding (speaking for pve). I can't imagine what else they could change so dramatically. They've already picked on pretty much everything other games had - like world quests remind me of rifts in Rift, and they got scaling from GW2. Maybe for the more casual people they could look into player housing, but really, in what concerns group content like raids and dungeons the only thing they can do is work with the size of the group. Large raids are always a mess due to computer performance so they looked at 5 mans and did m+, which they are taking to an e-sport approach. If you don't like them, I can't see anything that would catch your eye really.

Lorewise, there's only so much story you can get from the original wow characters and it's been what, 12 years? This expansion was the first one I regretted playing horde, as my image on Sylvanas has been demolished, and the new zone is just more trolls with a troll Yrell as a main character (I like trolls, but kinda tired of the clichee good leader). I'm looking forward to have some time to play alliance, as Jaina's story seems more interesting (I assume you saw the warleaders vids?), and Drustvar has a nice old wow vibe to it.

I assume you can't reply anymore but it was nice of you to drop by :).
Reading this actually made me sad in a good way if you understand what i mean,wherever you are Ruin and whatever you do i hope you have the best of luck with your future projects its sad to see a good Elite player go because i have seen you on the forums many times bringing good vibes and comfort to people here and you were the only one Elite player that wasnt toxic or egotistical and respected both type of players Casuals and Elite alike you deserve a hall of fame of some sorts for being a good sport for all these years.Also one last thing i have seen the light now and know that even Elitist players can be good*There is a GOD!*.