Can we get proving grounds as a requirement for mythic + ?

General
02/11/2018 13:33Posted by Remeti
02/11/2018 13:27Posted by Thelena
The content i choose to play is mythic + almost exclusively (when im not switching characters constantly). You decide i will "maybe" get 1 piece of gear which will "maybe" be the slot i want and "maybe" the stats i need. Ok. Fine. It'll be a slog but i will soldier on. But then you allow players that have no idea into my content to hamstring me even more.

You allow these players that have good item level from 0 skill/effort gearing methods into mythic + without having proven they can do the content.
This change isn't just for myself, but the players who are in over their heads. I've seen some of the called out and berated in the worst possible ways.

If you are unwilling to learn, why should your lack of knowledge/dedication/behaviour ruin the entire experience for the 4 other players that pay the same as you per month, yet they've used other resources to learn the game properly.

If only we had a score or something to determine what kind of m+ levels the person in question has already done in time. That would be a godsent.

Oh Jesus I can see it now, "link mythic+ ahead of the curve and 380+ ilvl, or no invite".

"Link freehold +10 achievement or you can't join our +4 key".

!@#$ing seriously. I was one patch late to legion. One, and I was locked to guild runs only until I was basically decked out in full heroic raid gear because the standards had inflated so much in that one patch.

Even now in BfA you have people asking for 370+ gear like it's in any way required. If you're in 370+you're geared for mythic of the next bloody raid. If this isn't a +12 run you're delusional.
02/11/2018 14:43Posted by Talshere
If this isn't a +12 run you're delusional.

You don't need 370+ for +12. I did it as 356 as tank.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Then they should get better.

Yes, they should get better. But, try to look at it from the other side. Some people don't want to play this game to "git gud" at it, they want to play it to enjoy it. When they see that content is locked behind a challenge, they feel like they're being forgotten or ignored, and will unsub. This isn't in the best interest of Blizzard, as that loses them money.

Trust me, I know where you're coming from. I'm doing what I can to get better at the game, because that's something I myself want to do. But, that's not what everyone wants to do. They want to do the content (M+ is still content) that they "pay for" otherwise it causes an uproar.

It'll happen with anything, and Blizzard have to try to cater to everyone, which isn't an easy thing to do.

God forbid, a challenge that you must overcome in order to face harder challenges (and get better loot). It's like having a progression system or something. Horrible. Get the pitchforks and torches.

02/11/2018 13:58Posted by Tenderfist
02/11/2018 13:54Posted by Yannila

Before then 1st patch in WOD there was 9 specs that couldnt do it purely because they didnt have the spells needed which blizzard where told during beta .

So it was not a case of "git gud" which is a simpleton answer it was a case of there spec not able to do it .

So please before posting actually read up and get facts and think outside the usual forum poster moronic answer.

His argument is perfectly fine tho. Maybe Blizzard could stop being lazy and make GOOD and FUNCTIONAL proving grounds and make them an unskippable tutorial of sorts so that people new to a class and/or M+ can learn how things work.

Stuff like this has existed in fighting games for over 20 years. It's called a training mode.
02/11/2018 14:35Posted by Asatrus
If only there were a way to remove you from the game AND the mythic elitist people from the game and WoW would be such a nice game and community.

Good luck trying to get new players into the game by telling them the next month interesting event is trying to farm a lovely mount with a 0.5% drop percentage, I'm sure people are looking forward to that, not dungeons, raids, and challenging stuff.
If only there were a way to remove you from the game AND the mythic elitist people from the game and WoW would be such a nice game and community.

Sorry, if you want to do a +10 but cant do it yourself do the reasonable thing and ask friends to help you or pay others for it, dont expect strangers you insult to carry you through with that attitude.
Cant do a +10? Dont try to get into groups for them or create a own group with likeminded people. Simple as that.
You cant force others to play with you. But nice selfish mindset you got there.
lmao this is why we have raider io just use it
02/11/2018 16:05Posted by Ishanku
God forbid, a challenge that you must overcome in order to face harder challenges (and get better loot). It's like having a progression system or something. Horrible. Get the pitchforks and torches.

Did you just take what I said out of context, or are you implying that this is something I do myself? Because, I want there to be something to stop people unable to perform certain things, like interrupts and everything. But, I also am not delusional and I know the backlash that will happen (The same backlash that happened in WoD, which is why it's no longer in the game).
There used to be a challenge based on ilvl. But then the free loot rain of Arathi happend.

And this weekly quest didn't make it better. I guess we now need guild runs for it.
I beg to differ.
Having reached a certain rank in proving grounds says little to nothing about a person's ability to complete an M+ in time. If you feel like you need additional data I'd recommend Raider.io (and checking if the Person has experience with the Dungeon in question rather than just glancing at their score).
Other than that explaining mechanic beforehand can get a surprisingly long way in M+ and PUG Raiding.

Why? because they want to play the content as it's intended to be played?

M+ sole purpose is for those who wish to go that extra mile to test their skill and become better players, the OP has more than enough right to complain when people come in a ruin it, if mythic raiders started kicking people from LFR cause of mechanics, i'm sure there would be a massive uproar.
I've done endless 30 as a healer. I'm by no means qualified to heal M+. All proving ground does is prove you know exactly how a set routine is gonna go without 0 external factors.

It's you and npcs in PG, i could do 30 endless becuase i knew exactly how each wave would go and thus new how to counter it. M+ has 4 unknown factors in the form of the party.
02/11/2018 14:40Posted by Yannila
Which specs, exactly?

my paladin, I could do it on my rogue, I could do it on my priest

THAT'S CLASSES NOT SPEC'S

Go search for yourself it was widely reported back in WoD .
I don't get it. Are proving grounds supposed to be challenging?

I did the endless 30 when I was leveling my first dps char. Is this something that still holds prestige? Am I supposed to wear the title? Honest question.
02/11/2018 13:58Posted by Tenderfist
02/11/2018 13:54Posted by Yannila

Before then 1st patch in WOD there was 9 specs that couldnt do it purely because they didnt have the spells needed which blizzard where told during beta .

So it was not a case of "git gud" which is a simpleton answer it was a case of there spec not able to do it .

So please before posting actually read up and get facts and think outside the usual forum poster moronic answer.

Oh rubbish, no spec couldn't complete that. Maybe paniced clickers that couldn't figure out how to turn their monitors on but I'd seen plenty of "its impossible" posts on spec's I'd done it on and I'm average.

Quit the hyperbole.
Sounds like someone should stick to Pokeymon or Mario Brothers, or some other solo type game.

1. Join a guild
2. Join some community
3. Make friends or play with rl friends

All of the above are "the whole point" of an mmo.

The proven ground requirement, for even heroics are/is:
1. a waste of time, I hated having to do those.
2. doesn't prove that anyone can do anything.

I am annoyed by idiotic players, as much as the next person. But, it you eat the cake you bake. If you run with randoms, you get random results.

I was in a group last night, just a simple +6, and some rogue, who had a decent ilvl, did LESS damage than the tank. WTF? And, died to mechanics twice. I held my tongue, as I often do, but I was annoyed.
02/11/2018 18:21Posted by Tenderfist
Which specs, exactly?

my paladin, I could do it on my rogue, I could do it on my priest

THAT'S CLASSES NOT SPEC'S

Go search for yourself it was widely reported back in WoD .

So you can't name the specs? You just made a claim without backing it up?

Yes, I'm aware people were bad back in WOD as well, doesn't mean it was impossible to do it.
The content i choose to play is mythic + almost exclusively (when im not switching characters constantly). You decide i will "maybe" get 1 piece of gear which will "maybe" be the slot i want and "maybe" the stats i need. Ok. Fine. It'll be a slog but i will soldier on. But then you allow players that have no idea into my content to hamstring me even more.

You allow these players that have good item level from 0 skill/effort gearing methods into mythic + without having proven they can do the content.
This change isn't just for myself, but the players who are in over their heads. I've seen some of the called out and berated in the worst possible ways.

If you are unwilling to learn, why should your lack of knowledge/dedication/behaviour ruin the entire experience for the 4 other players that pay the same as you per month, yet they've used other resources to learn the game properly.

Why can't we also not be forced to do those stupid M+ runs? I hate raiding and or M+ runs but i believe i am forced to do them because to get better gear is less likely than getting hit by lightning. For example look at my trinkets or rings. Why the hell should i be forced to do these M+ runs to get better gear, especially with folks like you that are inpatient. Instead of hating on players that are trying attempt to explain to them if not then join a guild and make a group from the guild...
02/11/2018 19:17Posted by Лусифэр

Why can't we also not be forced to do those stupid M+ runs? I hate raiding and or M+ runs but i believe i am forced to do them because to get better gear is less likely than getting hit by lightning. For example look at my trinkets or rings. Why the hell should i be forced to do these M+ runs to get better gear, especially with folks like you that are inpatient. Instead of hating on players that are trying attempt to explain to them if not then join a guild and make a group from the guild...

What do you even need gear for if you dont want to raid or do m+?
Just to show off?
There is already enough welfare 370+ gear for absolute afk-able content like warfronts. You dont need that gear for worldquests ERP'ing or pet battles anyway.
What do you even need gear for if you dont want to raid or do m+?
Just to show off?
There is already enough welfare 370+ gear for absolute afk-able content like warfronts. You dont need that gear for worldquests ERP'ing or pet battles anyway.[/quote]

Because I can! I do not want to fall behind on dps while not raiding or running M+ and why should I? Not doing them should not prevent me from getting that gear one way or another. If it does then the game leans towards those that like that type of content, leaving the rest of us forgotten. I should be able to have as good of a gear as anyone who runs M+ or raids.