They !@#$ed it up.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 16 Next
03/11/2018 02:22Posted by Disaya

Honestly I can't think of anything else. Animation, effects of spells, music, weather, graphics, looting, items, skills, talents, basic mechanics, UI, system were ALL wrong. I know it's just a demo but I'm honestly surprised Blizzard would give us THIS as a taste of proper Vanilla, I'm thinking that the team was tasked to make a demo with a few weeks notice for this to be the result.

Not sure which demo you played, but the demo I played today had the correct animation, correct spell effects, definitely correct music, also correct graphics in general, correct items, correct skills, talents and basic mechanics. UI more or less look as the old one while playing, as long as you don't open the menu or friend tab.

I got a good taste of the vanilla. I honestly don't see what the problem is. Perhaps I just avoided using chat commands to open stuff, trying to find every flaw and problem, and played on a server with low population with no phasing together with people I know. Was a good few hours of play :)

The fanatical Classic fans like to complain about every minor difference even when most people would not even notice the things they're complaining about. In my opinion it's more important that the gameplay experience is the same or similar to the original game whereas the aesthetic is far less important.

I'd play Classic even if the only graphics option was the retail graphics option.

What I find hilarious is how the same people don't complain about widescreen support and scaling up to 4k(?) which is not the vanilla experience either.

My vanilla experience graphics wise will be way different when I play it on my 35' 1440p widescreen monitor opposed to the 15-17' monitor I had back then.
If nochanges plebs Will stay on their pirate servers because of QoL changes, its more than fine for me. Classic wow looking good.
03/11/2018 02:44Posted by Bitterborn
If nochanges plebs Will stay on their pirate servers because of QoL changes, its more than fine for me. Classic wow looking good.

if blizz will have sharding when they release, people will most likely prefer to play private servers
03/11/2018 02:49Posted by Statina

if blizz will have sharding when they release, people will most likely prefer to play private servers

thats a really good news if private server players will stay there.
03/11/2018 02:49Posted by Statina

Until they get tired of leveling characters over and over again when p-servers get stomped down by Blizzard at a more rapid rate than before.

Not to mention the possible GDPR violations that comes with hosting a server that contains personifiable information of 1000+ users.

Yes, e-mail addresses can be seen as personifiable information and I hear some servers dump their complete server package with accounts on that server if they get brought down for others to continue their work.
Someone with an US account urgently needs to relink this thread to the US forums.
People getting fooled by sellout streamers everywhere.
It's just a demo guys
it's just an Alpha guys
it's just a Beta guys
it's just the first month guys

Sorry, but i know how Blizzard works at this point. I'm waiting until the WoW panel for them to answer if the phasing and sharding and LFR tools are staying, if they are, i'm out.
03/11/2018 03:02Posted by Homers
It's just a demo guys
it's just an Alpha guys
it's just a Beta guys

Sorry, but i know how Blizzard works at this point. I'm waiting until the WoW panel for them to answer if the phasing and sharding and LFR tools are staying, if they are, i'm out.

Goodbye.
03/11/2018 03:00Posted by Ashantris
Someone with an US account urgently needs to relink this thread to the US forums.
People getting fooled by sellout streamers everywhere.

LOOK AT ME DADDY, LOOK AT ME..."URGENTLY". Go to sleep already, crying lil bit*ch. So tired of you after this thread alone.
It's just a demo guys
it's just an Alpha guys
it's just a Beta guys

Ye they totally failed this demo.. pathetic money grab..
I also love how those Lfr npcs are saying that "Classic wow" looks good,they are totally clueless and dont even play this game at all
03/11/2018 03:16Posted by Aevise
It's just a demo guys
it's just an Alpha guys
it's just a Beta guys

I also love how those Lfr npcs are saying that "Classic wow" looks good,they are totally clueless and dont even play this game at all

> "LFR NPC's"
> 4/8 LFR on his character

^ TOP KEK
03/11/2018 03:18Posted by Tonkey
03/11/2018 03:16Posted by Aevise

> "LFR NPC's"

^ TOP KEK

I dont play lfr,it's thrash and pointless
I see many plebs in here who cant wait to LFR MC.
03/11/2018 03:20Posted by Aevise
03/11/2018 03:18Posted by Tonkey

> "LFR NPC's"

^ TOP KEK

I dont play lfr,it's thrash and pointless

It says 4/8 LFR Uldir on your character though :')
03/11/2018 03:21Posted by Xumo

Yeah, becuase the code was still in the demo we got 7-8 months before the release. A shortcut that can be taken away with a click.

How about you go to the private server forums, tired of these purists complaining about everything but yet to proud to leave should they miss another horse thumbig up their post. "Ill complaing about everything, but still stick around since nobody else wants to talk with me".
03/11/2018 03:25Posted by Devilsknight
03/11/2018 03:21Posted by Xumo

Yeah, becuase the code was still in the demo we got 7-8 months before the release. A shortcut that can be taken away with a click.

How about you go to the private server forums, tired of these purists complaining about everything but yet to proud to leave should they miss another horse thumbig up their post. "Ill complaing about everything, but still stick around since nobody else wants to talk with me".

You'd think people would be happy that Blizzard is putting effort into bringing Vanilla back, completely rebuilding it on the new engine to give people as close to a Vanilla experience as possible... NOPE think again... people will datamine and 'hack' their way into interfaces that are remnants of 7.3.5 engine it's based on to grab their pitchforks and QQ on the forums once again.

Before Classic was confirmed:
Meh meh I want to play Vanilla again QQ. Retail sucks! QQ

When Classic was announced:
Meh meh Blizzard will ruin it QQ

Classic demo available:
Meh meh not exact copy of Vanilla QQ

When Blizzard decides to not add in any form of phasing at all:
Meh meh I can't play the game; I'm lagging and disconnecting all the time QQ
03/11/2018 03:39Posted by Tonkey
03/11/2018 03:25Posted by Devilsknight

You'd think people would be happy that Blizzard is putting effort into bringing Vanilla back, completely rebuilding it on the new engine to give people as close to a Vanilla experience as possible... NOPE think again... people will datamine and 'hack' their way into interfaces that are remnants of 7.3.5 engine it's based on to grab their pitchforks and QQ on the forums once again.

Classic demo available:

Funny, coming from someone i have seen several times also complain about this and retail.

LMFAO.
03/11/2018 03:50Posted by Delnalass
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Classic demo available:

Funny, coming from someone i have seen several times also complain about this and retail.

LMFAO.

Complain about what? Raider.IO(3rd party software), Lag/Disconnecting issues I've experienced on Silvermoon especially and RNG in this game in general?

The only thing in this game I don't like is my personal RNG but besides that I feel no reason to quit the game.

But LMFAO ahead. Scrub.
To be honest after waiting this long its kinda dying inside of me. To many disappointments. Might just forget about it and move on.

LMFAO.

Complain about what? Raider.IO(3rd party software), Lag/Disconnecting issues I've experienced on Silvermoon especially and RNG in this game in general?

The only thing in this game I don't like is my personal RNG but besides that I feel no reason to quit the game.

But LMFAO ahead. Scrub.

A scrub that points out irony? oh yeah such a scrub i am.

You don't know anything.