New Consencration looks sick AF!

Paladin
Thanks blizz, don’t stop, keep them visual updates coming!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288483/new-paladin-consecration-spell-animation-patch-8-1-ptr
That does look nice, prettier and easier to spot! Shame I will never get to use it since I prefer Wake of Ashes.

Now if only they could fix the Flash of Light visual. x_x
True but i’ll still use it when i wq in tank spec or whatever, better than no update at all :)
if only they moved their human resources to class design and not to animations updates that we do not need.

this looks nice but looks a bit of an exaggeration.
Looks great! Makes the ability look more impactful.

Shame as a Ret I have to choose between it and Wake of Ashes.
too intense. like we need more "permanent" cluttering spell-effects.
08/11/2018 16:12Posted by Odrareg
if only they moved their human resources to class design and not to animations updates that we do not need.

this looks nice but looks a bit of an exaggeration.

Completely different teams and skillset, besides, you cant just throw staff at class design, you need a concise team willing to make changes, you cant just throw things and hope they stick.

As for the consecration change, I'm a bit iffy about it from the video at least. It's a bit too flashy, but it may make it easier to see and use as protection. Not really too impressed with any of the paladin animation changes so far.
I for one LOOOOOVE this new spell, I went on the ptr before this was announced on wowhead and pressed it by mistake and got a shock from what I saw, I play tank so ill always see it as well.

I cant wait for 8.1
I agree it's a really good animation. I wish we could afford to use it as Ret as well. I know it's in the talents but you have to sacrifice Wake of Ashes for it, DPS-wise it's not a good choice.

I like the new Flash of Light too, I noticed some people don't like it. They say it's way too bright. I mean it's called Flash of Light, You expect something bright to appear and fade out quickly. Which it sort of does when you cast it. If they were to lower the particle effect from this spell, it would basically revert to what it used to be. If so, why not just make a glyph for those who want low particle density Flash of Light.

But again personally, I think those two spells animations look great. And require no change.
Looks nice but, get on with the holy light themed paladin spells.
You already have Sunwalkers and soon will have Prelates.
If only they focused on class design with such a passion they do seem to hold for model updates. :')
I still want my book casting animation
13/11/2018 20:00Posted by Lightness
I still want my book casting animation

have a peek at the ptr, it's back!

new consecration is pretty, but could do with being toned down a tad as it's superbright.
when theres no more capable class designers left
release cosmetics