Toxic player base

General
What is it with the player base, why are you all so toxic?

Joined an island expedition on my 111 monk, it was already in progress so I was a replacement, got removed within minutes, and with a 30 minutes deserter debuff to boot.

Makes me want to quit playing this game yet again.
Just had the same thing in a HC dungeon. No reason given. Was only there for less than a minute.
People don't need a reason to kick you. It's the way it is.
Its they way the kicking system works. They only need 2 people to kick you. Instead it should be all people need to agree to kick anyone.
11/11/2018 09:25Posted by Loeve
Its they way the kicking system works. They only need 2 people to kick you. Instead it should be all people need to agree to kick anyone.

Wait, so on an expedition, we need all 3 player opinion to kick one of them?

"Do you want to kick yourself?"
Yes No
probably just wanted a friend to join, and you weren't it.
don't see it as that toxic really.
Is there any more to the story, I wonder
I hope many will join Classic and see what it was like then, with its focus on MMO aspects and cooperation. Maybe it will change the community for the better, or maybe people will ask for "retail" being more like it was back in Vanilla and TBC.

The silent killer squad with rush mentality started in Wrath.

Imho its only gotten worse since when it comes to rudeness and toxicity.
Why are there so many snowflakes about.
11/11/2018 12:07Posted by Eulalia
I hope many will join Classic and see what it was like then, with its focus on MMO aspects and cooperation. Maybe it will change the community for the better, or maybe people will ask for "retail" being more like it was back in Vanilla and TBC.

The silent killer squad with rush mentality started in Wrath.

Imho its only gotten worse since when it comes to rudeness and toxicity.

Classic will be full of nostalgia and will die off fairly quick for older players as the novelty disappears. Itll just be a short lived fad.
I don't hold any interest or hope for it reviving the old wow game and attitudes. Rose tinted glasses, grass is always greener etc etc.

You really want to solve toxicity, give servers where addons are banned completely. Toxicity goes hand in hand with ease ... remove ease, remove toxicity.
I must be extremely lucky to never have this happen to me in all the years i've played.
Blame blizzard not the players.
You can’t “heal” someone’s stupidity but can ask for a system change in the game.
They must remove the deserted from kick option.
So as I said blame this, god make it, company.
The problem is the way PUGing works, with the auto queue you can instantly replace anyone in a group almost instantly. It incentivizes quick and efficient groups for max gains, you cant keep up with em and they can easily kick you and feel justified because to them your slowing down progress and gearing. Im not saying the old system of spamming lfg on trade and general was perfect(god forbid you were dps, good luck getting a group) but because of the lack of easy replacements mid run and the time between runs in general you would put up with a goof or subpar player because the main goal was finishing the dungeon itself not grinding none stop for xp/gear.

Im not going to claim to have a wonder-fix because frankly I don't think there is one.

Also stop using toxic as a buzzword for behavior that I don't like. It cheapens the meaning and diverts attention from worse behavior. Toxic behavior is emotional abuse, bullying and trolling to the point its cruel, not some pug groupies being asshats.
11/11/2018 12:08Posted by Versorius

Wanting people to treat eachother with respect doesn’t make you a snowflake, you absolute disease.
Yes, one bad experience of course tells alot about the entire community.

Tell me how many good experiences you have made and then compare it to the bad ones.
Maybe Blizz decided to release classic after all to make these people learn temwork and kindness! :D ...
But I do agree, such people are the reason I stop doing dungeons and raids in between and only keep to myself lvling alts or something, even not rping for periods of time cause mean people, been lucky so far since BfA launch in dungeons and LFR, aside from nasty comments in BGs but they can easily be silenced with some reason.
Only experienced triggerhappy hunters being kicked who pull everything and then blame the tank, but apperently they haven't understood they made dungeons a little bit harder when lvling and you can't pull everything.

Guess they use their anonymity to be nasty.
11/11/2018 13:49Posted by Grimgar
11/11/2018 12:08Posted by Versorius

Wanting people to treat eachother with respect doesn’t make you a snowflake, you absolute disease.

Why bother with respect when the system actively disincentivizes it? Don't blame the player, blame the game
10/11/2018 22:09Posted by Loreldola
What is it with the player base, why are you all so toxic?

Joined an island expedition on my 111 monk, it was already in progress so I was a replacement, got removed within minutes, and with a 30 minutes deserter debuff to boot.

Makes me want to quit playing this game yet again.

what is the generation newer than millenials called?? they are soo toxic -.-

millenials were bad but this new generation are awful.

GenZ... and gen alpha
11/11/2018 14:40Posted by Draebet
Don't blame the player, blame the game

that's such a silly statement, in all cases it is the other player causing the distress whenever this phrase is used

in all cases the game is something that is actually enjoyed until it is spoiled in some manner by another

so no; don't hate the game, hate that player
11/11/2018 14:45Posted by Nerrus
that's such a silly statement, in all cases it is the other player causing the distress whenever this phrase is usedin all cases the game is something that is actually enjoyed until it is spoiled in some manner by anotherso no; don't hate the game, hate that player

But it is certain game mechanics that either encourage or discourage toxic players.
Destroying the server reputations and catering for entitled kids, for example.