Toxic player base

General
there is no accounting for idiocy or spite

thats a person thing not a game thing
11/11/2018 14:45Posted by Nerrus
11/11/2018 14:40Posted by Draebet
Don't blame the player, blame the game

that's such a silly statement, in all cases it is the other player causing the distress whenever this phrase is used

in all cases the game is something that is actually enjoyed until it is spoiled in some manner by another

so no; don't hate the game, hate that player

The PUG system in its current form ACTIVELY incentivizes the behavior OP is complaining about... Weather by design or accident it promotes running dungeons as fast as possible over and over so you can gear up/level as quickly as possible. Why is it strange that given the way the system works that people are going to prioritize their progression to the detriment of those who cant keep up with their pace? You can't expect people to be selfless, noble and kind when that puts you at a disadvantage. The system promotes being crappy.
Some people are just weird. I played IE with a friend. In the first minute the 3rd guy started started the kick vote for my friend. I sayed no of course. The he started the kick vote to kick me. Me and my friend had a good laugh and kicked him then.

Edit:typo.
Sime people are just weird. I played IE with a friend. In the first minute the 3rd guy started started the kick vote for my friend. I sayed no of course. The he started the kick vote to kick me. Me and my friend had a good laugh and kicked him then.

11/11/2018 13:49Posted by Grimgar
11/11/2018 12:08Posted by Versorius
Why are there so many snowflakes about.

Wanting people to treat eachother with respect doesn’t make you a snowflake, you absolute disease.

I would like to like your comment except for your last 3 words.
i did one IE for my latest alt while leveling up yesterday
the experience was exacty as advertised on the forums

ape warrior starts a kick for the third guy with reason: shadow priest
11/11/2018 15:34Posted by Kilean
Some people are just weird. I played IE with a friend. In the first minute the 3rd guy started started the kick vote for my friend. I sayed no of course. The he started the kick vote to kick me. Me and my friend had a good laugh and kicked him then.

Edit:typo.

Same me. I played with friend.
One player so rude/toxic talk for us, what person wanted rule how for kill mobs.
Me and friend play is different style, person don't want join us.
It was every alone like solo.

We kicked this person.
I love that simply being removed from a group is considered toxic.
I just saw a post on reddit claiming the c/d for being removed from an expedition gives you a 5min c/d instead.

Not tried this myself but I will look next time I'm removed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9w451o/getting_kicked_from_an_island_expedition_no/
11/11/2018 12:07Posted by Eulalia
I hope many will join Classic and see what it was like then, with its focus on MMO aspects and cooperation.

Don't kid yourself. The same level of toxicity abounded back in the day, and because you were essentially stuck with your server's community it had the potential to be much worse. Instead of getting kicked or whined at by a random pug you'll never see again, you were whined at or kicked by people you had to game with every day.

The silent killer squad with rush mentality started in Wrath.

No, it was present in vanilla too, it's just that in vanilla only high-end guilds had the requisite gear level to be able to bomb through the level 60 dungeons. One of my old vanilla guilds used to do alt carries through Scholo, Strat, and UBRS, and they'd !@#$% mercilessly if you didn't clear these places in an hour or less.

Imho its only gotten worse since when it comes to rudeness and toxicity.

Naw, the toxicity and nerd rage has always been there, it's just that now more people can get gear and thus can partake in it. Which they do.
done let the door hit you on the way out
Others kicking you from a group is not toxic. As of why they kicked you? I cannot tell, only they can, but there's many reasons they may have had to have kicked you.

If they'd constantly PM you, telling you to kill yourself, get cancer, insult and abuse you, spam you etc, THEN it is toxic. Before that? There's just asshats that kicked you and didn't give you a reason.
Make your own group if you don't want to get kicked. There can be a million different reasons why you were removed, and all of them could be valid. I'd rather have the system as it is now with it's current flaws then just remove it alltogether.
If i pull that generalization off will you die?
11/11/2018 15:38Posted by Kilean
Sime people are just weird. I played IE with a friend. In the first minute the 3rd guy started started the kick vote for my friend. I sayed no of course. The he started the kick vote to kick me. Me and my friend had a good laugh and kicked him then.

11/11/2018 13:49Posted by Grimgar

Wanting people to treat eachother with respect doesn’t make you a snowflake, you absolute disease.

When people stop using that word and others to spread crap, I’ll stop referring to them as a disease.

That’s all I have to state.
10/11/2018 22:09Posted by Loreldola
What is it with the player base, why are you all so toxic?

Not everyone is, but there's always two sides to every story on why people get kicked and no one here can really take your word for what happened unless there was 100% proof you JUST got kicked without anything.

Players who get kicked are usually (not always but usually) the toxic ones. Hence why they want to bash the kick system to try and get it changed and/or removed.
11/11/2018 17:13Posted by Grimgar
11/11/2018 15:38Posted by Kilean

When people stop using that word and others to spread crap, I’ll stop referring to them as a disease.

That’s all I have to state.

I hope you realize your part of the problem... Calling out bad behavior is ok, insulting them back just burns any bridges and reinforces any confrontational attitudes.

Jesus Christ its like people forgot that talking solves problems 99% of the time
11/11/2018 09:25Posted by Loeve
Its they way the kicking system works. They only need 2 people to kick you. Instead it should be all people need to agree to kick anyone.

Ha...that's why you play a warrior.

Joined an island expedition on my 111 monk, it was already in progress so I was a replacement, got removed within minutes, and with a 30 minutes deserter debuff to boot.

Makes me want to quit playing this game yet again.

so 2 bad people make everyone toxic that is just so wrong to say :(
Thank you Kanye, very cool!
11/11/2018 17:53Posted by Jaelaana

Joined an island expedition on my 111 monk, it was already in progress so I was a replacement, got removed within minutes, and with a 30 minutes deserter debuff to boot.

Makes me want to quit playing this game yet again.

so 2 bad people make everyone toxic that is just so wrong to say :(

The snowflake never blaims itself for the avalanche...