Dungeon 2 Set (T 0.5)

Classic Discussion
It will be biggest disaster if Blizzard don't release upon beginning of Classic.

The ONLY and ONLY pre raid BiS set for Retribution Paladin is D2 Set , alternatives are Blue/Epic PVP items.

I don't think this set should be delayed for 2-3-4-5th wave , because in 1.12 Patch , Dungeon set was the only option for Retribution Paladins who want PVE (we don't speak about min/max hardcore trolls) and don't want to PVP .

I really hate to say this , but please make it Vanilla #Nochanges , instead of some Private Server delusional modification which is disaster , It was a clearly said 1.12 Patch , let it be 1.12 then!

Otherwise , if you do different , then Blizzard suppose to use on ALL Classes pre 1.9 Patch Spells or Abilities.

@ Blizzard,please stop this nonsense about how Items should release , because this destroys Retribution Paladins and how they did work on 1.12 Patch.
Not only ret but all other classes too
Those 0.5 sets are helpfull pre-raid and if i am T1 or T2 why would i want T0.5

Not talking about paladins, talking in general
The Soulforge set is far worse than the real pre-raid bis items for Ret paladins:

http://vanilla-guide.blogspot.com/2018/01/retribution-paladin-preraid-gear.html?m=1
Just spam your blessing of kings thru MC and gear up there.
12/11/2018 13:37Posted by Xumo
The Soulforge set is far worse than the real pre-raid bis items for Ret paladins:

http://vanilla-guide.blogspot.com/2018/01/retribution-paladin-preraid-gear.html?m=1

Now now Xumo he said he wanted a no effort solution. Bet the next thing he is going to ask for is for the quests to be removed and the set to just drop as T.5 because anything else would be min/max hardcore trolling

To OP quick tip if you don't want to put in effort stop using terms like bis
12/11/2018 13:37Posted by Xumo

It is funny how "Everything written on some random web page must be true" ...

The Guy clearly is out of touch and have no clue how even Paladin Retribution work.

We are not Warriors in order to use such (Gear without Intellect).

Only false informed and people who have 0 clue uses Warrior Gear in order to do DPS as Paladin Retribution.

Tier Sets explains well , what stats are best for Paladin Retribution.

By: Pizzeria on January 17, 2018 / comment : 0

Please next time don't give us link with someone who has knowledge of some broken Private Server coming from 2018...

The Gear he uses as "his best in slot" is PVP Reckbomb , not a PVE Gear.

Those who know how to play Retribution Paladin , will never with even half brain use such kind of Gear in Raids that has 0 Intellect and 0 spell damage in it.

https://scontent.fskp3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/11130438_10152798333065418_6130555566748919804_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fskp3-1.fna&oh=29e2f83b816b2cb416bd5c019edfe039&oe=5C84BE5E

For your info , Paladin stats required for DPS:

Weapon Damage > Melee Hit > Melee Crit/Agi > Spell Damage > MP5 > (for Undeads only) Spell Crit > Int =/=Strength > Spirit.

Soulforge,PVP Set (it explains well) , T 0.5 , T2 , T2.5 , Naxx offpieces do have all of them.

No wonder why they provides these stats, just to educate the uneducated trolls.

And you might again argue why Intellect > Str ...

Because 10 Intellect will provide you lot more mana to use Spell (which provides damage) ,than 10 strength which is 20 ap (1.4 damage per swing) .

20 AP = 1.4 damage per swing , divided to weapon speed (assuming 3 seconds) = 0.46 dps

10 Intellect can provide you 1 full Judgement of Command max rank which is 200-370 damage.

Which mean , in a fight of 300 seconds (assuming longest fight in Vanilla) = 1 DPS and if it is even short , it grows up even higher.

Only 1 Boss Intellect is useless , but that's only 1 Boss in game .

Intellect is even more efficient if it get boosted by sp/str , where such ability increases the dps of int too .

I don't advocate not using Str at all , but just look at Paladin sets , you will see they has both stats Int/Sp and Str at same time.

Regarding his "Best in slot Helm" :

2% Critical = 5 DPS , so if you rely on just Crit , but ignoring that the rest of stats will provide you more than just 5 DPS , then you are clearly out of touch either (in case of the Web page person).

14 SP = 3 DPS + 17 Int 1+ DPS = 3+ DPS + 16 STR 0.6 DPS = 3.6 DPS + Dungeon set Bonus = 1 DPS from AP = 4.6 DPS + chance on SP proc 12 DPS = 16.6 DPS.

Soulforge will beat this guy (web page writer) Helm on DPS by miles as Retribution PVE (if you have Fingers/Neck/Trinket/Cloak hit capped) .

Hope this is making clear for you.
Sorry but no, ruining PROPER item progression for the sake of one fringe spec is seriously not worth it.

Items should roll out as they did in the real deal. It's bad enough that we are apparently getting 1.12 talents from the start that is already more change than I personally want.
12/11/2018 16:30Posted by Sírré
Sorry but no, ruining PROPER item progression for the sake of one fringe spec is seriously not worth it.

Items should roll out as they did in the real deal. It's bad enough that we are apparently getting 1.12 talents from the start that is already more change than I personally want.

Proper item progression means proper Patch Progression Abilities and Talents.

So either we want #Vanilla or we want #Private Servers modifications and nonsense.

It's NOT Vanilla to use Items progression on 1.12 Patch!

Same as it is NOT Vanilla to use Sharping ...

Only because your personal wishes for Birthday are different , doesn't mean reality should be different too!
/kind regards
0.5 in vanilla was used as catch up gear. In Classic presumably it will be mostly an alternative to raiding. It therefore makes sense to me that 0.5 come out with the raid gear of equal status. The risk you run is people feeling obliged to get their 0.5 whilst waiting for raid loot to drop, so with that in mind one stage later makes sense.
12/11/2018 17:14Posted by Demostravius
0.5 in vanilla was used as catch up gear. In Classic presumably it will be mostly an alternative to raiding. It therefore makes sense to me that 0.5 come out with the raid gear of equal status. The risk you run is people feeling obliged to get their 0.5 whilst waiting for raid loot to drop, so with that in mind one stage later makes sense.

What catch up gear are you talking about?!

Dungeon 0.5 was Pre Raid Gear for 1.12 Patch , it was not better than Tier 2 for Paladin Retribution, Tier 1 was Holy Set....

Catch up Gear = Equal to highest progression , which in this case you are not making any sense !

1.12 means 1.12 , not pre 1.9 or lower , which was completely different Gear and completely different Stats ,that was used by Paladin, using completely different Abilities and Spells!

In MC there are no designed Offset , neither Sets for Retribution Paladin , which leads into a Requirement of using Dungeon 2 Set or PVP Set as Pre Raid all the way up to BWL.

That's the main reason why Blizzard created and designed this Set , for such purpose.

(Don't mix frogs and cabbages on early days , because pre 1.9 Patch "pre aq40" , paladin was using different Spells , which required Melee Gear , not "Hybrid Gear") .
Dungeon tier gear Best pre-raid ret gear? what the hell are you on about? your BiS pre-raid gear is farming dukes in Silithus for that Int + mp5 rare gear, oh wait are you suggesting that you're in the raid for Damage? haha cute, no I'm sorry but unless some pretty major changes happen or you have guild that's going to keep you around like some sort of retarded pet they've grown fond of.....You're going to be healing. so unless you push for some changes to the class then I suggest get use to that fact buckaro

Now If you're talking pre raid gear for PvP and dungeon sets, Yes I want that sweet sweet valour gear for my Reckbombs please.
Just go prot and get a TF again duki, that way you wont have to worry about getting gear for the memest DPS spec
12/11/2018 17:26Posted by Nabbie
Just go prot and get a TF again duki, that way you wont have to worry about getting gear for the memest DPS spec

You would have been better if you actually discuss about Topic , not some random Offtopic nonsense.

Thank you .
Sorry, I though you were just trolling, as usual
Tier 0,5 was intended to be a catch-up set, yes, but it utterly failed at that, as the pre-raid bis blues you could farm were more easily and quickly farmed, and was most often better for raiding. Only extremely few bothered with the very long farm for the full Tier 0,5 set. It failed completely at being a catch-up set because it required so much compared to non-set blues, that people just went to Raids as less than full Pre-Raid BiS instead.

It really does make alot of sense to make Tier 0,5 attainable before the AQ patch. I think it will be just fine with releasing it at launch. Or at the very least for the BWL patch. If it gets released at the AQ patch, then that set has become mostly obselete emidiately, as the dungeon blues you can otherwise farm, and easier farm too, is by and large better in almost all cases.
Duki, not again...

Reroll usefull spec please.
Or another class
Stop spamming everywhere you go about prot/ret paladins and their problems.
12/11/2018 18:42Posted by Legron
Duki, not again...

Reroll usefull spec please.
Or another class
Stop spamming everywhere you go about prot/ret paladins and their problems.

Not everyone agrees with you there. You aren't forced to read his posts if you don't want to.