US players on EU

Classic Discussion
Hi everyone,

I’m the leader of a gaming community on Discord and am based in the EU. Members of my community are US based and when classic lands we want to ensure we are all playing together on EU servers.

I haven’t played retail for a while but have been informed that it’s now subscription only (no need to purchase expansions anymore, please correct me if I’m wrong) to play the most recent content.

Can someone please tell me if we will encounter any issues with US players logging in to EU servers? They already have US accounts so it seems unrealistic to expect them to have to buy an EU copy to play classic on EU servers.

Sorry if this isn’t making sense. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Also - are there any channels in existence for recruitment purposes? (I plan in advance)
I’m pretty sure they will need an EU subscription. Other than that, lower latency and playing at odd hours could be problematic.
You'll definitely need a new EU subscription to play on EU Classic.

Why you feel that's unrealistic is confusing, it's always been that way.

And you still need to purchase the most recent expansion, however if you're only playing Classic then that won't be an issue.
We don't know all the exact details about the sub model. We just know it's included in the retail sub. Has Blizzard said you need the latest retail expansion to play Classic?
If not, you can make an EU trial account (still under their US battle.net account) and just pay for the sub. $15/m or whatever instantly grants you a full account with access to Legion now (no need to buy a Battle Chest or similar like you used to).
No, you only need a active WoW-Sub to play classic.

but im pretty sure US/EU accounts need different subs
Should be no different the me as eu playing on na servers, all it taken me is a na sub. So i,m sure you can play on eu servers once you get a eu account.
14/11/2018 13:57Posted by Lunalights
Should be no different the me as eu playing on na servers, all it taken me is a na sub. So i,m sure you can play on eu servers once you get a eu account.

Thanks for the info, I’ll let them know.
They will need an EU subscription, they will also suffer considerable latency.
They will not like the lag.

The distance is very big. Even for New York it's about 6000km, air distance.

I would say it looks like 200-300ms minimum lag. But more likely it will be around 500.
14/11/2018 19:01Posted by Rizzenn

I would say it looks like 200-300ms minimum lag. But more likely it will be around 500.

Nhaa it,s not that bad it,s around 180 +/-
14/11/2018 20:41Posted by Lunalights
14/11/2018 19:01Posted by Rizzenn

Nhaa it,s not that bad it,s around 180 +/-

180 sound really good, but still it's too long.
Luckily WoW is not FPS, but everything above average reaction time is noticeable.