Classic Demo News

Classic Discussion
What is your opinion of

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/22548005/dev-watercooler-inside-the-world-of-warcraft-classic-blizzcon-demo

The focus of the demo is on outdoor questing, and we’ve selected two iconic zones that most original WoW players will no doubt be familiar with—Barrens for the Horde and Westfall for the Alliance—so you can step back in time and experience these zones as they were originally designed.

....the Deadmines and Wailing Caverns dungeons won’t be available

We also typically limit the time our BlizzCon attendees can play a demo, and that will be the case for BlizzCon WoW Classic Demo players at home. In order to maximize the number of people who can try out the demo, initially you’ll be logged off after playing for a certain amount of time to give somebody else a turn.

You’ll start the demo at level 15.
[...]
all characters will be capped at Level 19.

• If you play for 30 minutes and then log off for 60 minutes, when you come back you’ll have a fresh 60 minutes.

• If you play for 60 minutes, you’ll be disconnected and then have to wait 30 minutes before you can play again.

• If you play for 20 minutes, log off for 20 minutes, then play 40 more minutes, you’ll be logged off and wait 10 more minutes.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769628564?page=1

What's your opinion of this? Do you feel it is worth 40 euro?
22/10/2018 17:31Posted by Punies

Depends, if you make this much per second probably not very expensive.

for me, if they will demo the entire complete game for a month, still not worth it
The Westfall boars will wreck people.. it's gonna be hilarious!
No Wailing Caverns but Razorfen dungeons (RFD, RFK) weren't mentioned... ;)

Hint: when you get Silithid eggs quest in Barrens - don't go do it straight away... it shreds people alive ;)
Many hints that they will cheap out on servers big time, which makes me think that they'll implement sharding. If that's the case, the game will be dead on arrival. RIP.
Ticket for Blizzcon is 40 euro. Demo is just a bonus.
I guessed the zones wrong but still nothing unexpected.

What did you expect? It's just a demo for Blizzcon attendees, both physical and virtual ones but still a demo. It's meant to give you a glimpe into what the game will be like an isn't vanilla enough.

Also this.

22/10/2018 19:08Posted by Elaynne
Too me its worth it.

Peeps will be avable to give vaulable feedbacks + goodies for the other blizzard games they got.

And of course i do not want too miss an oppertunity to support this project and make sure this to be fully released.
If you're spending 40 bucks strictly for a demo you are a sucker. And there's a new one born every minute.

Treat it as a bonus, the way it's intended.
22/10/2018 17:31Posted by Punies

You’ll start the demo at level 15.
[...]
all characters will be capped at Level 19.

The 40 euro is for the ticket.Not for the digital stuff or the demo.
This is my 6th Virtual ticket , I've bought them since 2013 incl.There was no demo through the years , and while the pets and stuff was nice , they were nothing but a bonus.

You pay for a virtual ticket for , what is for me , the best convention of the year.I get alot of junk food and energy drinks and spend 2 great nights with BlizzCon(in my timezone it starts 20:00 and ends in the morning).

I play all Blizzard games(except Hearthstone for a while now ) , so every single panel is interesting.The esports is cool , its 2 amazing nights of geeking out.
22/10/2018 19:35Posted by Cedrad
What did you expect? It's just a demo for Blizzcon attendees, both physical and virtual ones but still a demo. It's meant to give you a glimpe into what the game will be like an isn't vanilla enough.

Expected:
• To play for 7 days as much as possible or whatever. Not to get booted out from the game to leave spot for someone else.

• That you could be in more than just two zones.

• That you were at least allowed to lvl max 20 levels.

• or for it to be like PTR, you are max level, buy gear from an NPC, then try out talents, abilities, duels and BGs. Then leave all your feedback to Blizzard

22/10/2018 20:02Posted by Eaglebrace
Peeps will be avable to give vaulable feedbacks + goodies for the other blizzard games they.

What feedback would that be? Hey, my PC can handle your new 2006 version of a game! Hey, I found 3 bugs out of your 30 westfall quests!

You will run around there with tons of races being merged into the same starting zone. Do some questing which will be annoying when people tag your mobs. Then hit lvl 19, spend your 10th talent point, wishes you could go for the lvl 20 talent ability. Chooses to duel someone --> gets kicked out from the game because it's someone else's turn.

I've lost all my interest of this demo mode.
22/10/2018 20:14Posted by Kashon

Like people would buy it for the virtual ticket status. People wanted Classic so they bought the ticket and will get a limited demo - they may feel disappointing now.
22/10/2018 20:33Posted by Bigkeg

Like people would buy it for the virtual ticket status. People wanted Classic so they bought the ticket and will get a limited demo - they may feel disappointing now.

Yes. People would buy it for the virtual ticket. They have been buying it for years.
So many ppl will be dissapointed...
You have probably noticed that they raised the price of the virtual ticket this year. Yet the rewards for WoW were exceptionally bad this year until they announced the Classic WoW demo.

But it appeared now that it had extreme limitations. Obviously it wouldn't be like a BETA and last long since it's just a demo, but being kicked out of the game after certain amount of played time is just not worth it.
22/10/2018 18:10Posted by Saílor
The Westfall boars will wreck people.. it's gonna be hilarious!

Oh the real fun starts when they try to enter Moon Brook and pull 5 casters at once ;)
22/10/2018 19:08Posted by Elaynne

22/10/2018 20:08Posted by Talimar
If you're spending 40 bucks strictly for a demo you are a sucker. And there's a new one born every minute.

Treat it as a bonus, the way it's intended.

It's pure bull!@#$ that you pay tickets only to watch Blizzcon without minding the rewards. If not, then I hate to spoil it for you but Blizzard stream the main events for free on Youtube and Twitch and many uploads the other rooms all around internet.
22/10/2018 18:45Posted by Bigkeg
No Wailing Caverns but Razorfen dungeons (RFD, RFK) weren't mentioned... ;)

Hint: when you get Silithid eggs quest in Barrens - don't go do it straight away... it shreds people alive ;)

Beta is capped at level 19, at level 19 you can't even enter in RFK and especially in RFD.
Well, the limited play sessions even if you are not physically at the event makes the virtual ticket value a ton smaller if you're just after Classic.