Classic Demo News

Classic Discussion
22/10/2018 17:31Posted by Punies

What's your opinion of this? Do you feel it is worth 40 euro?

For the demo alone definetly not. That´s why I´m not purchasing the ticket… even if I was tempted, tho.
Pay to play a Demo? What are They thinking?
The demo is only available for 'Blizz-con' (Regular, virtual) players is just another very greedy act from blizzard. They really try to steal as much money out of your pockets as possible with their "Shop mounts and pets", "Character services who are way overpriced". They must not forget that we all bought the base game, after that we all bought every expansion pack and on top of that we all pay a monthly fee to play this game. Agreed, there are maintenance costs so charging for a monthly fee isn't something I'm going to rage about, but the amount of money spend on this game is coming close to a year salary already.
And they still ignore you and let you pay to play a demo!
24/10/2018 19:39Posted by Dóra
The demo is only available for 'Blizz-con' (Regular, virtual) players is just another very greedy act from blizzard. They really try to steal as much money out of your pockets as possible with their "Shop mounts and pets", "Character services who are way overpriced". They must not forget that we all bought the base game, after that we all bought every expansion pack and on top of that we all pay a monthly fee to play this game. Agreed, there are maintenance costs so charging for a monthly fee isn't something I'm going to rage about, but the amount of money spend on this game is coming close to a year salary already.

Steal? Why? You arent paying for demo, you are paying for Blizzcon ticket. Its completely optional. Are you forgetting that only reason they are remaking Classic is because people asked for it and said they are willing to pay for it?
24/10/2018 20:06Posted by Elaynne
24/10/2018 19:39Posted by Dóra

Steal? Why? You arent paying for demo, you are paying for Blizzcon ticket. Its completely optional. Are you forgetting that only reason they are remaking Classic is because people asked for it and said they are willing to pay for it?

I never said "Steal", just greedy. And yes I'd like to experience the "Classic" WoW again. The only thing I was saying is why do I have to pay to play a "Demo". I don't want to see anything about blizzcon so I'm not paying for a (virtual) ticket and as there are a lot of players who play WoW for over 10 years, and paid for x-packs and subs all the time, I don't know why I (we) cannot play the demo. My opinion about that fact is that Blizzard is behaving very greedy, and I'm allowed to have an opinion.
24/10/2018 23:35Posted by Dóra
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I never said "Steal", just greedy. And yes I'd like to experience the "Classic" WoW again. The only thing I was saying is why do I have to pay to play a "Demo". I don't want to see anything about blizzcon so I'm not paying for a (virtual) ticket and as there are a lot of players who play WoW for over 10 years, and paid for x-packs and subs all the time, I don't know why I (we) cannot play the demo. My opinion about that fact is that Blizzard is behaving very greedy, and I'm allowed to have an opinion.

You literally said STEAL. You dont have to pay for anything. Its a choice. You dont have to buy or play demo. Just wait for game to be released.
You're now able to install the demo from the launcher, its in your accounts drop down menu.
As has already been said if you are interested in Blizzcon AND Classic then this a nice bonus especially if you haven't played Vanilla before.

I would say for anyone that has played before and is only interested in classic then it's probably a lot of money for a very time limited experience, especially since a million videos will emerge to see and analyse the differences.

You literally said STEAL. You dont have to pay for anything. Its a choice. You dont have to buy or play demo. Just wait for game to be released.

I indeed said it, read over it so didn't notice, sorry. Didn't mean to say it like that, was more a way of expressing my feelings about offering a playable demo of WoW classic only for ppl who pay for a blizzcon ticket while there are many players who want to experience it themselves whit out any affection with blizzcon and/or living on a benefit because of some serious illness, trying to stretch their money over the month to get something to eat on the table every day. Just feel abandoned as someone who plays the game for over 10 years and spend enough money on that.
Ticket for Blizzcon is 40 euro. Demo is just a bonus.
----

65 € for flying boat mount totally ignoring 6 months WoW game time are people that blind they dont know what deal they spent their money?
I've been longing for Classic for so long that I, rather stupidly and hurriedly, paid for an e ticket SOLELY for the demo.

I am very disappointed with how restrictive the demo will be.

I was hoping for the opportunity to do any of the start zones, up to perhaps level 20. Levels 15-19 and two zones with capped play time and a six (more like five day) day server window is a complete rip off for people like me who bought a ticket purely to get the demo. As far as I'm concern, the demo is NOT a gift or extra, it's INCLUDED in the price, it's INCLUSIVE, it's a package. If we weren't paying for it or if it had no monetary value, then everyone would get a free copy. Everybody isn't getting a free copy, only ticket holders are ergo, we're paying for it, others aren't.

I did buy my ticket a while ago, before some of these details were released, but I was scared that there might be a limit cap on tickets and didn't want to miss the demo. I also wanted to make sure that I could try the demo so that my voice could be heard, I could give feedback and try not to let the No Change side down by ensuring that I was engaging with everything.
Updated main post with info about the limitations

• If you play for 30 minutes and then log off for 60 minutes, when you come back you’ll have a fresh 60 minutes.

• If you play for 60 minutes, you’ll be disconnected and then have to wait 30 minutes before you can play again.

• If you play for 20 minutes, log off for 20 minutes, then play 40 more minutes, you’ll be logged off and wait 10 more minutes.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769628564?page=1
01/11/2018 18:34Posted by Punies

• If you play for 30 minutes and then log off for 60 minutes, when you come back you’ll have a fresh 60 minutes.

• If you play for 60 minutes, you’ll be disconnected and then have to wait 30 minutes before you can play again.

• If you play for 20 minutes, log off for 20 minutes, then play 40 more minutes, you’ll be logged off and wait 10 more minutes.

It's also right here on our forums too :p
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17624473158
22/10/2018 20:47Posted by Bloedelf
22/10/2018 18:10Posted by Saílor
The Westfall boars will wreck people.. it's gonna be hilarious!

Oh the real fun starts when they try to enter Moon Brook and pull 5 casters at once ;)

You both suck if you do this.
You probably pull like 3 casters at max in moonbrook if your not a total ret*rd,
And even then, if you do you can los them around the buildings and kill em 1 by 1.

then again, most players just suck major !@# and thats why vanilla will be so much fun ;)

Diden't link the end of the post either;

If they can they will drop the limitations and you won't get a 30 min cd
So with some small hope you can play non-stop.
people will do anything to get bad reactions on these forums it's funny.
They shut down PTR realms cuz of this...

So pretty much this: Every 90 minutes you can play for 60 minutes.

Considering that I am gonna also watch some panels 1 hour sessions aren't bad. I can just hop in between panels and play a little.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So pretty much this: Every 90 minutes you can play for 60 minutes.

Considering that I am gonna also watch some panels 1 hour sessions aren't bad. I can just hop in between panels and play a little.

I'm quite concerned that this is going to go wrong and due to server issues we're all going to spend the first 24-36hrs getting mass disconnected and put into a lockout cycle from logging in and out constantly and maybe getting frozen in game online whilst actually DCd.