Cater to hardcore and not casuals

General
casuals will just move on to another game, they are not in for the long run. reason they are casuals they just move from game to game like bees from flower to flower since they don't have the time in their life because of the choices their made and probably regret now
hardcore players have been and will be around the game for long time. they will always try to mid-max get those last points of arena rating to be on top, raid that boss in the dungeon to be first or on top
ever since casuals started to be catered to the game has been losing players.
so turn back the dial and return the game to those of us who are around for longer than 2 weeks of an exp.
23/10/2018 16:46Posted by Zieera

Tip WoW from the start was a casual MMOrpg over everquest at the time and others.
So what you are saying is factually not true.
The phrase you are looking for is "min-max" and you are far far from hardcore so in essence you are wrecking the game for yourself as you are as casual as me .
You definitely didn't need to start another one of these whinging threads.

Reported for spamming.
23/10/2018 16:51Posted by Wafflesaurus
You definitely didn't need to start another one of these whinging threads.

Reported for spamming.

Ive done the same so thanks the op is just well i cant say :/
Wildstar tried that and failed.

Why would devs want to exclude significant part of the playerbase? - It’s just silly.
WoW was considered the casual mmorpg of its day so your entire post is utter nonsense because WoW has always catered to 'casuals'. In my personal experience, most 'casual' players are former hardcore players who don't take the game as serious anymore and appreciate some of the convenient features the game has to offer.
I don't really understand what you mean either. I'm going to assume that you consider yourself a 'hardcore' player but no casual player will ever reach a gear level close to heroic/mythic raiders (apart from the few lucky drops), so why do you care what's in someone elses bowl if yours is full?
Game should cater to casuals and not hardcore players because most casuals actually have jobs and therefore more money to spend on gaming so more profit for blizzard.

Casuals live healthier lifestyles so are obviously gonna live longer than the basement dwelling, Dorito scoffing, monster downing, benefit scrounging "hardcore" players who live in WoW and will probably die of a heart attack before they see midlife so again there is more profit for blizzard.

Casuals tend to have happier lives so complain a lot less.

Casuals actually have to meet people in the real world so understand social interactions and make to game a nicer place.

Casuals can introduce their kids to the game eventually so more profit for blizzard.
On a different note, maybe some of those 'casual' players move from game to game because they face toxicity, elitism, and unnecessary gate-keeping?
Not sure why you keep making these threads, with these Achievements you are not considered hardcore.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/zieera/achievements/feats-of-strength/raids
This game is dying because its too hardcore... Not too casual.

There were times when you only had to equip good gear and spam frostbolts to complete a raid and there were simple dungeons without Mythic+69
23/10/2018 17:00Posted by Aylmeric
Not sure why you keep making these threads, with these Achievements you are not considered hardcore.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/zieera/achievements/feats-of-strength/raids

Oh thank you for that link made me chuckle so hard !! +1 for you
plz blizzard cater to the hardcore .. so the game can die and you can go on to make a better game.
You can cater to both you know ? Achievements, pet collection & battles, mounts, transmogriffication, different difficulty level content, PvP, auction house, ...
That worked well for my favourite mmo, Wildstar.

Catered only for hardcore people, and it turns out only the casual playerbase (for housing) kept the game alive.

It now shuts down on the 28th November...
You can cater to both you know ? Achievementsfarm, pet collection & battlesfarm, mountsfarm, transmogrifficationfarm, different difficulty level content, PvPfarm, auction house, ...

we casuals want meaningful content not just dull farmfest activities which are fun only when you get something worthwhile.
So let me get this right... you’d be willing to lose 90% of the playerbase? Get a grip..
im purely casual now and have been for about 5 years, and ive been here since the game was released. Most of the friends ive made during that time are casuals and theyre all still here.
I would also point out, most of the high end raiders ive known have all left the game.
The pure selfishness of this OP makes me puke. Get out of here man/girl.
23/10/2018 16:50Posted by Havthor
23/10/2018 16:46Posted by Zieera

Tip WoW from the start was a casual MMOrpg over everquest at the time and others.
So what you are saying is factually not true.

Factually? No. Not even close.

Compared to Everquest WoW was definitely a more ‘casual’ experience but no casual player would ever of succeeded in vanilla/tbc. (Read as didn’t just hit 60).

Both expansions were huge time sinks, especially Vanilla if you wanted any form of real progression.

The real difference is Blizz has been eliminating most of the RPG elements for awhile now. I won’t get it the whole debate of good/bad.

I also think this ‘casual’ attitude people are developing is beyond ridiculous. Find me proof that casuals leave sooner than hardcore players and I’ll accept it because as far as I’m concerned casuals have as much chance in sticking around as hardcore players - it just depends on the individuals interests.