Cater to hardcore and not casuals

General
24/10/2018 11:00Posted by Yolandass
24/10/2018 10:31Posted by Shunka

Amazing! :D

Which language?

I took the name from a character in my favourite comic series.

In Serbian.

Also in Bulgarian.
23/10/2018 16:46Posted by Zieera
casuals will just move on to another game, they are not in for the long run. reason they are casuals they just move from game to game like bees from flower to flower since they don't have the time in their life because of the choices their made and probably regret now
hardcore players have been and will be around the game for long time. they will always try to mid-max get those last points of arena rating to be on top, raid that boss in the dungeon to be first or on top
ever since casuals started to be catered to the game has been losing players.
so turn back the dial and return the game to those of us who are around for longer than 2 weeks of an exp.

Been a casual since I started playing in Beta almost . Raided for a couple of years or so and that was my lot .

Oooh look , still here ma .....
Casuals+subs= cash
Anyone who does anything above HC randoms thinks they are hardcore... Like OP
casuals will just move on to another game, they are not in for the long run. reason they are casuals they just move from game to game like bees from flower to flower since they don't have the time in their life because of the choices their made and probably regret now

1000% wrong.

I am casual , and i am playing wow from 2004 and total the Warcraft Series from 1995.
Soooooo .... yeah .... i am pretty sure i am way more supportive to this game from any hardcore new age streamer and be sure that i am not alone . more than 70% are casuals and most of em are for more than 10 years with actives subs or even game cards.

Tbh i remember one more game that was made for hardcore superhero players.
It was called Wildstar did you know that they closing it down right ?
24/10/2018 08:04Posted by Richysimmons
Very confusing as to what 'casual' actually means TBH.
Ive been subscribed since 4 mths after Vanilla release and havent left yet and yet I really CBA doing any mythic/arena/snowflake type content....
Does that make me a casual hardcore player or a hardcore casual player??
:)

What’s snowflake content?

Northrend? Bloody cold up there. Lots snow.
I'm a casual so are my friends we have fun raiding normal and doing lower level m+.
I dont think that remove casuals will be a good idea because we are more than what you think, and also dont think that the big epen of hardcores is enough to compensate the subs of casuals.
24/10/2018 11:52Posted by Muunk
also dont think that the big epen of hardcores is enough to compensate the subs of casuals.

Besides, if the casual guys leave who is going to look up to the elite hardcores in awe? No one - all of them will just look down on anyone not quite as HC as themself. Recruiting for Mythic raid guilds will become impossible, just as arena will when you onlt meet those who are just as good or better.

Nah, you need a large pool of people to draw from. Many might fail, but a few will rise to become the new hardcore guys - replacing those that have quit or burned out.
24/10/2018 11:37Posted by Sainttwink
Anyone who does anything above HC randoms thinks they are hardcore... Like OP

wachu on about bro im leet
hardcore players have been and will be around the game for long time. they will always try to mid-max get those last points of arena rating to be on top, raid that boss in the dungeon to be first or on top
ever since casuals started to be catered to the game has been losing players.
so turn back the dial and return the game to those of us who are around for longer than 2 weeks of an exp.

You think you know the player stats better than Blizzard? You think you know better who plays the game and who does not, your player data is better than their internal player data? Gtfo.
The game "caters" to both hardcore and casuals, and it always did. That is why it's so successful. Hardcore people didn't start off hardcore, and will most likely become casual when they want to slow down.
Elitists that are not elite are definitely cute. ;) Like you, Zieera.
Define hardcore

Casual for 11 years and going;
- Titanforging bad
- Warforging ok (5/10 ilvls doesn't exceed the reward system, lfr gear can never be as strong as normal gear, now actually plays more into the 'if you're stuck on a boss but have the rest on farm' arguement)
- LFR in combination with Titanforging baddest
- LFR on it's own fine
- Would like Island expedition difficulty system copied to Warfronts
- Random loot bad
- 3-man scenario content always bad, burn with fire and shoot ashes into the atmosphere and never look back

A lot of the casual players you agree with or atleast players who consider themselves casual agree with most of the arguements OP claims to come solely from hardcore gamers. If you want to chase off people who agree with you in this go ahead but it will not help your cause
casuals will just move on to another game, they are not in for the long run

Funny, been playing since vanilla, still playing, am pretty casual, as are almost all in my guild, many of whom also have been playing since the early years of wow.

I don't think lies and fallacies will get you anywhere, especially on these forums.
24/10/2018 08:04Posted by Richysimmons

What’s snowflake content?

oh, just anything that gives you an extra superdooper reward so you can feel all proud and extra special. Ive got nothing againest this at all....'hardcore' mythic ++++++ players doing the extra secret cow level should get much better gear.
As long as that means they will then be happy, go away and stop bothering the rest of us!

Just realiesed though that I have WoW on 10-12 hours a day usually.....am I now a 'serious' player or does the fact that I sometimes forget its even on my second monitor spoil my street creds??

I’m afraid that’s not enough. You’re still a noob by their standards. You need 16+ hours, spamming only M+11’s and have 400ilvl gear. Anything below that and you’re not worthy.

I suggest dropping everything else in your life and make the AP and gear grind the only thing you know. Once you’ve farmed mythic G’huun 12 times and you’ve outgeared 90% of the WoW populace, you might be deemed worthy.
OP, you are right. I am a casual since vanilla. I just spent around 2700 euro with this game so far. So yeah, sack casuals and make this game even more for 15 years old kids without friends.